Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
KNOTT'S BERRY FARM Halloween Haunt Promo Card Series

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/274605453/m/1957084326

August 24, 2012, 01:34 AM
chesspieceface
KNOTT'S BERRY FARM Halloween Haunt Promo Card Series
Here is the 2011 trading card made to promote the annual Knott's Berry Farm Halloween Haunt.
It is nicely designed, standard card sized, and even has silver foil on the card front which depicts the Jack the Ripper themed "Terrors of London" maze in particular.

For those unfamiliar with it, Knott's Berry Farm is a Southern California amusement theme park that during the fall is transformed at night into a (very popular) Halloween themed "Scream" park with scary mazes to walk through and lots of people dressed as zombies and monsters hiding out to jump out and scare those brave souls who do.

This is the 2011 card shown but there will be a card for 2012 as well (available to those who visit the park for the event), and there may have been one for 2010, so these seem to be a set in the making. Pretty cool!

August 24, 2012, 11:33 AM
WandringRebel
That is a cool looking card.

August 30, 2012, 09:25 PM
miket999
Nice card. Would love to get these...
August 31, 2012, 12:28 AM
Bond
Here is a link to a site that shows ALL 13 cards from the 2011 set: Knott's Scary Farm Haunt Cards 2011
August 31, 2012, 06:39 AM
wolfie
Wow these look great, are we able to get them?

August 31, 2012, 04:43 PM
chesspieceface
Thanks for the link showing all the cards, Bond, very cool!

The one I showed to start the thread is actually my girlfriend's card. She got it a couple of weeks ago from an offer on the Knott's Scary Farm Facebook page. She had to draw some of the Knott's Scary Farm characters on an SASE which was then sent back to her with the card enclosed. I don't know if the offer is continuing as I don't really use Facebook, but that'd be the place to start, anyone who wants to try to acquire some of these.

I do now wish I'd have done it seeing that there's more than one card. I just assumed the card we have was numbered 11 as in "2011" and was the only card, but instead it turned out to be the 11th card in a 13 card set!

As for this year, the cards have been announced and I think they will be given out to haunt-goers at the event (and perhaps again on Facebook). I've asked my girlfriend, who goes every year, to keep an eye out for them, and I'll make sure she has a couple of top loaders just in case she's able to score any. Who knows how many of these cards are damaged by people either putting them in their pockets or else crushing them in their hands when a monster jumps out and scares them, never mind all the non card collectors who just throw them away.

I used to go to the Haunt myself, but these days I find it too scary. No so much because of the Monsters in the mazes, but rather because Knott's Berry Farm is located in the heart of Anaheim and that city is loaded with giant dogs, ducks, and mice, to name just a few, walking around in human clothes. Very creepy!

September 02, 2012, 01:53 AM
lag30240
Here's the info from Facebook. I don't know if they still have cards but they are still posting the envelopes so maybe. I sent one in any way. Facebook:
FREE HAUNT 2011 TRADING CARD! HURRY!

It's time to show your artistic side!

Send me a Self-Addressed Stamped Envelope (S.A.S.E.)
decorated with your scariest Haunt related art. Draw The Witch! Paint the Tricksters! Use pastels and tastefully create your favorite Street Monster chasing a Guy in an Ed Hardy Shirt! Whatever!
Make it fun, make it scary (and no worse than PG-13) and mail it to me!

.Send your S.A.S.E. to:

Haunt Facebook Guy
C/O Entertainment
Knott's Berry Farm
8039 Beach Blvd.
Buena Park, CA 90620

I'll send your envelope back to you with a 2011 Haunt Trading Card tucked inside.

Hurry! Trading Card Supplies are limited! When they're gone, they're gone.

I'll post pics of my favorite art for everyone to see.

What are you doing on Facebook? Get your envelopes and get creative!
You MUST include a S.A.S.E. to get a 2011 Haunt Card.
Draw your art ON THE ENVELOPE.
HURRY! HURRY! HURRY!
September 12, 2012, 11:30 AM
lag30240
I received my cards (they sent two) Saturday. They have a gallery of the envelope art and nothing new has been posted so the offer may be dead.