Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Unusual Sale C Z X Outlander NYCC promo Card Set
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unusual Sale C Z X Outlander NYCC promo Card Set
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
In the E Bay sold lists appears these two lots sold by the same seller .
Cryptozoic Outlander C Z X NYCC 9 Card Promo set
Item # 254386293124 sold at 8 27am 1bid 999.00
Item # 254378747147 sold at 8 09pm 2bids 66.77
This seems unusual as there is such a wide margin between the price but the dearest item has a best offer typed into the price.
These sales occurred on 11 Oct 2019.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That 999.00 has to be wrong.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was thinking the same thing, but there it is with the sold price written in green.
And with two different item #.
What were they actually sold for at the NYCC?.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't know how you find these weird auctions piko, but you must put a lot of time into it. Big Grin

Both of those sold lots were purchased by the same bidder and sold by the same seller. I don't even try to figure out how things get recorded on eBay anymore, especially when it comes to Best Offers and the games people play. I would think these promo sets are somehow one and the same, even with the different numbering.

The only thing I really don't understand is that while $999 is insane, I thought $66.77 would seem too low. Isn't at least one of these Outlander promo cards supposed to be very rare? The one from the party cruise or whatever it was? Or is that not within the P1 - P9 range? Can't remember now.

Anyway, there is a purpose to this going on somewhere in there. Wink

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Raven,

You're thinking of the Season 2 P10 from two years ago. It was going for about $150-200 last year. One sold for $112.50 in August.

The crazy difference in prices is more than I've seen before for the same thing in so short a time but I have seen two collectors duel an item up to 300 bucks and then the same thing can be offered the following week and not get a bid.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I don't know how you find these weird auctions piko, but you must put a lot of time into it. Big Grin

Both of those sold lots were purchased by the same bidder and sold by the same seller. I don't even try to figure out how things get recorded on eBay anymore, especially when it comes to Best Offers and the games people play. I would think these promo sets are somehow one and the same, even with the different numbering.

The only thing I really don't understand is that while $999 is insane, I thought $66.77 would seem too low. Isn't at least one of these Outlander promo cards supposed to be very rare? The one from the party cruise or whatever it was? Or is that not within the P1 - P9 range? Can't remember now.

Anyway, there is a purpose to this going on somewhere in there. Wink

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok i did not realise that the same buyer had purchased both lots, so the $999 must be a error .
This being said the seller has a responsibility to correct it.
As the catalogue prices are worked out on these listings it will not surprise me if within the next couple of weeks there will be another seller trying their luck .
Anyway we will keep an eye out