Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    1992 TSR AD&D Gen Con promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1992 TSR AD&D Gen Con promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Anyone ever see this 1992 silver bordered set of 11 promos for Dungeons and Dragons, from the Gen Con ?

A set sold on ebay recently for $ 225 !

Posts: 4046 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of John Oder
posted Hide Post
Yes, I have them, Nice Set. Here are the Images you asked for.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John Oder,

Posts: 943 | Location: Jesup, GA 31546 | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are some of the best promos I have ever seen ! Wish that I could find a set

Posts: 4046 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi, I recently heard about the 11 card Ge

ncon card set. Would you be able to repost the pics of what they look like? Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: Ohio | Registered: July 15, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2044 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes that's it.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Aren't these the ones ?

https://www.worthpoint.com/wor...romotional-511261533

Posts: 653 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is currently an auction for these, where the seller is asking about $ 1,000 for the set !

Previously, the same seller (I believe) had them up for $ 1,500 !!!

Posts: 2044 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think I won the set I have in a Roxanne Toser auction in the late 90's - not sure. It was not seen often for sale even then so I must've gone for it when I had the chance. I don't remember what I paid but it was likely less than $50. I don't ever remember seeing singles for sale so it appears sets were given out in some very limited way at that convention (maybe as one of the tournament prizes?).

I'm surprised a set went for $225 so it's rarer than I would have guessed. There are people still playing D&D so I assume it was a collectible for them then and now. Add promo collectors and a mix of RPG/gaming card collectors and you have more demand than supply.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
There is currently an auction for these, where the seller is asking about $ 1,000 for the set !

Previously, the same seller (I believe) had them up for $ 1,500 !!!

Posts: 653 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The B.Dalton book stores exclusive pack of 2 cards is also hard to find, in my experience.

If someone can help me post a scan of it, I can provide the image of my pack

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Good Afternoon

David R asked me to post the following scan:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

regards

John

Posts: 1410 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks good ! Yes, that B.Dalton pack is tough

I see that you guys also included the hard to find Craftsman promo pack in your scan, as well. Very nice. Thanks again