Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    An Unbelievable Promo Deal
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An Unbelievable Promo Deal
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I saw this one on ebay yesterday

1993 Marvel Universe Spider-Man 2099 sample foil.

Sold for $ 5.00

The last two I saw show up on ebay over the past 5 years (the only other ones I ever saw) sold in the $ 100 range.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I hope you were the buyer.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
I found the ended listing. What's interesting is that when I did the search, the card only came up with the hyphen between the word SPIDER and MAN. When I searched the same words but with SPIDERMAN instead of SPIDER-MAN it didn't show up in the closed auctions. When I searched active cards, it also made a difference how SPIDERMAN/SPIDER-MAN was spelled as to how many listings came up. I know that when you're searching Ebay, it doesn't matter whether you add an (S) in general, you'll get the same number of listings with or without it but when it comes to hyphens, accuracy is the word apparently.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

It didn't come up in my first or second search when I looked for it yesterday and I knew it was there. It didn't have "promo" nor "card" in the title either so the seller severely limited its visibility to collectors interested in that card - a $100 mistake.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
I found the ended listing. What's interesting is that when I did the search, the card only came up with the hyphen between the word SPIDER and MAN. When I searched the same words but with SPIDERMAN instead of SPIDER-MAN it didn't show up in the closed auctions. When I searched active cards, it also made a difference how SPIDERMAN/SPIDER-MAN was spelled as to how many listings came up. I know that when you're searching Ebay, it doesn't matter whether you add an (S) in general, you'll get the same number of listings with or without it but when it comes to hyphens, accuracy is the word apparently.

Posts: 4376 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When I search for these, I always use Marvel sample foil as search terms. I have 8 of the 9 samples from this set. I have yet to see a Punisher 2099. No, Wolfie I was not the high bidder on this.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I do not think that these sellers know what they have or they are not their cards have been given or inherited and dont care .
I won a sale last week for a lot of Buffy promo cards with a Evolution BE-CL in it listed for $5 cost me $21 so someone else knew it was in there but there were other good cards with it should of gone for much more.
But as you say accurate descriptions have a lot to do with it.
I will possibly put it up for trade later

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post