Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Unknown Star Trek cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unknown Star Trek cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I found in a box 2 different Star Trek 3D cards. One shows the Enterprise. One shows Kirk, Spock, and McCoy on a planet with shovels, a scene from the 1960s show

Backs are blank aside from a gold sticker which says to look for Visicomm products, 3D FX listings in prints, posters and wall art

Has anyone else seen these ? I guess that thet are promos. Are there just 2 different ?

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
These are promos. They come in 3 sizes. The ones that are smaller than a regular trading card and 2 different oversized larger versions of the guys with the shovel without the stickers. Hope this helps.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Years ago, a dealer had 5-6 of the small ones. All but one had the sticker on the back. I bought a pair of the stickered ones and the single without the sticker.

I haven't seen the larger ones.

These cards promote much larger posters with the same art and 3D effect. Sometimes, I see a poster for sale online. The smaller promos appear now and then too - generally for less than $5 each.

Jess

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So on the small ones, are there just 2 different images ? I looked "you know where" after Promoking posted and saw for sale the same 2 that I have, not any other ones.

However, I did also see the larger 3D Star Trek prints which the company produced

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's just those two images. There was a time when they seemed to be going up in value but they've pretty much settled in that $3-5 range. The set is listed in PCE2008 (page 137, upper left column).

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
So on the small ones, are there just 2 different images ? I looked "you know where" after Promoking posted and saw for sale the same 2 that I have, not any other ones.

However, I did also see the larger 3D Star Trek prints which the company produced

Posts: 4391 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post