Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many exist?
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
As I continue to strive toward reaching my goal of owning every promo card in PCE, I noticed that there is an abundance of listings with the notation "set number is N.K[not known]", in that publication.
[b]The purpose of this thread is to document what other cards collectors have found which belong to a series already addressed in PCE but which the book doesn't mention exist![/b
Undeniably, other threads have dealt with this issue tangentially, but this is a good spot to share your knowledge and increase the available information to fellow collectors.

The following are the additions I am aware of:

All Star Toon Ups Baseball- Phil Delphia; Andy Mistitt; Mike Easter; Hugh Mungus; Justin Case; Sam Quentin; Ivan Kotchadozinov.

All Star Toon Ups Football- Jim Nast; Deacon Fusion; Warren Piece; Monty Zuma; Trudy Uprights; Rocky Rhodes.

American Vintage Motor Cycles series I: There are 100 promo cards (1-100) each with the stamp "Champs Dealer Promo Card" on back.

American Vintage Motor Cycles series II: There are 99 promo cards (101-200) each with the stamp "Champs Dealer Promo Card" on front.
Note: I have yet to see #101.

Avne Packaging Services- Feather your nest; Don't miss the boat.

to be continued....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: promoking,

Posts: 782 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Promoking,

Yes, I see this as a subset of the PCE Additions thread, but as that list gets longer, it gets more time-consuming to pick out those sets with updated entries out of the background of new listings, corrections/clarifications, price updates, and additional notes. Working with the A's:

Amazing Heroes (1993) Amazing Heroes Publishing.
n.n. (three bikini-clad women); art by Adam Hughes - same as listed by PCE 2008 but this card is regular-sized; it was imserted with the "Batbabe" card listed in the same set - poly "Amazing Spoof Heroes Swimsuit Issue #4."...$2-3

American Vintage Motorcycles: Series II (1993) Champs Marketing/Skybox
n.n. "Jerry Glanville"; this is one of the cards with the foil finish on the front and a blank back except for the "Unfinished Skybox Prototype" hand stamp, which also apparently completes that subset.
**Note: I was told by a former Skybox employee that the unfinished prototypes were given to some employees.

An American Tale : Fievel Goes West (1991). Impel.
"Cat R. Waul"; has Pizza Hut logo but not marked as a sample.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
As I continue to strive toward reaching my goal of owning every promo card in PCE, I noticed that there is an abundance of listings with the notation "set number is N.K[not known]", in that publication.
[b]The purpose of this thread is to document what other cards collectors have found which belong to a series already addressed in PCE but which the book doesn't mention exist![/b
Undeniably, other threads have dealt with this issue tangentially, but this is a good spot to share your knowledge and increase the available information to fellow collectors.

The following are the additions I am aware of:

All Star Toon Ups Baseball- Phil Delphia; Andy Mistitt; Mike Easter; Hugh Mungus; Justin Case; Sam Quentin; Ivan Kotchadozinov.

All Star Toon Ups Football- Jim Nast; Deacon Fusion; Warren Piece; Monty Zuma; Trudy Uprights; Rocky Rhodes.

American Vintage Motor Cycles series I: There are 100 promo cards (1-100) each with the stamp "Champs Dealer Promo Card" on back.

American Vintage Motor Cycles series II: There are 99 promo cards (101-200) each with the stamp "Champs Dealer Promo Card" on front.
Note: I have yet to see #101.

Avne Packaging Services- Feather your nest; Don't miss the boat.

to be continued....

Posts: 1312 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are six cards and a sticker that complete the set of promos for the "Gertie the Dinosaur" comic book series from 2000. I remember the four cards listed in PCE2008 (picked them up at SDCC in 2000) but didn't know there were other cards until I stumbled onto these much later.

Jess

Posts: 1312 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

Here are two groups that complete promo sets partially listed in PCE2008:

Saved by the Bell: The New Class (no year) Company n.k.
**Note: This is a 10-card set with all the cards in a cello-pack; source still n.k.; color photos on both sides

n.n. "Lindsay & Tommy D."/(three people)
n.n. "Principal Belding"/(cast)
n.n. "Principal Belding"/"Principal Belding & Scott"
n.n. "Scott"/"Scott"
n.n. "Tommy D./"Tommy D."
n.n. "Weasel"/"Weasel"
n.n. "Weasel & Lindsay"/(cast photo)

Tenchi Muyo Collection (1996) Pioneer LDC, Inc.
**Note: cards were inserted with videos that had a sticker on the front that says "Collectible Card Inside"
n.n. "Ayeka"
n.n. "Kagato"
n.n. "Kijone"
n.n. "Ryoko"
n.n. "Tenchi"
n.n. "Washu"

Jess

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
There are indeed many partial sets listed in the PCE. This is a good place to highlight those completions. Thanks.

Posts: 782 | Location: fort lauderdale fl usa | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post