Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many exist?
 Login/Join

Picture of Zane DeVan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
PCE2008 lists a Flintstones 4-card lenticular promo set (Nestle USA - Food Division Company, 1997) with cards inserted one per package of Nestle ice cream products. They are smaller-than-usual cards measuring 1 1/2 x 2 1/4 inches. I was buying the ice cream at the time and remember them being specifically in the ice cream push-up pops boxes. The promotion seemed shorter than the Lion King or the Hercules ones becauseI was able to finish those sets easily back then but picked up only two of the Flintstones cards before I stopped finding boxes in stores. The cards have rarely showed up for sale in recent years.

PCE2008 lists the "3 of 4" card. Below is the "1 of 4" card which I hadn't even seen before about two months ago.

There was also a 4 card set from the same ice cream promotion for the Nestle Quick bunny

Posts: 424 | Location: Littleton, CO. | Registered: April 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those have turned out to be hard to find in recent years. Bill DeFranzo had a few of those to trade in the late 90's and I should've obtained one from him then just to have an example of one. Several years ago, someone was selling a Nestle Quik box promoting the cards and I saw one again last year but no cards.

quote:
Originally posted by Zane DeVan:
quote:
PCE2008 lists a Flintstones 4-card lenticular promo set (Nestle USA - Food Division Company, 1997) with cards inserted one per package of Nestle ice cream products. They are smaller-than-usual cards measuring 1 1/2 x 2 1/4 inches. I was buying the ice cream at the time and remember them being specifically in the ice cream push-up pops boxes. The promotion seemed shorter than the Lion King or the Hercules ones becauseI was able to finish those sets easily back then but picked up only two of the Flintstones cards before I stopped finding boxes in stores. The cards have rarely showed up for sale in recent years.

PCE2008 lists the "3 of 4" card. Below is the "1 of 4" card which I hadn't even seen before about two months ago.

There was also a 4 card set from the same ice cream promotion for the Nestle Quick bunny

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 has an entry for Celebrity Comics cards (Personality Comics Inc., 1992) that are oversized and inbound, stapled with various comics. There were also some standard size cards that were inserted with special, serial-numbered "prism card editions" of the comics. Neither the comics nor the cards are serial-numbered but the comic packaging was.

"Metallica" (head shot); back has text about James Hetfield; even though the card was inserted with a Celebrity Comics issue, it says "Personality Comics Trading Cards" on the card front so I'm wondering if it's the same card listed under "Personality Comics" even though the PCE2008-listed card was inserted with a Personality Comics issue. I should add that Celebrity Comics is a division of Personality Comics.

"Lars Ulrich"; gold prismatic foil border; back text notes neither Personality Comics nor Celebrity Comics; card was available only with the "prism card edition."

**the above two cards were poly "Metallica" Issue #2 Limited Prism Card Edition (just 575 copies) along with two random Spoof Comics cards. The first card was also available in the regular edition

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
I recently picked up the full set of 9 individual promos, very cool addition to the collection < Thanks Cats
quote:
Hey Cardscout,

Yes, there are nine different singles distributed in a special foil pack. There's usually a pack for sale somewhere at a reasonable price ($10-15) and sometimes at an unreasonable price.

Cats

quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
Gday Cats,
I just found that I have the Michael Newton "Tribute" promo, with the gold foil lettering, the same as the one you've pictured here.
Question...are the other promos on the sheet around in various collections as separate cards..?

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We did a Prisoner Promo that was listed to 5o for the new TV Series

They were stolen from the office and never been seen since to my knowledge

It was numbered PRISPRO50

I dont even have one, not that i ever kept too much!

Posts: 6 | Location: All over the world | Registered: August 16, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 lists six prototypes ( for the "Exotic Dreams" set (All Sports Marketing, 1992). #40, 44, 47, 49, 50, 76). Here are shots of the #25 and #64 prototypes sent by a friend from the Land Downunder:

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenEps1:

Oh thats what that box is under my bed. Eek Elephant

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's a little strange that no singles have surfaced since. You would think by now the thief would have sold at least some of them and a few of those would've passed through a few hands with someone asking about it by now. Is it possible they accidentally fell into the garbage or into the wrong box?

quote:

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
quote:

Aw man....we'll never see it now.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jess for posting my pics, might email you a few more if it's ok ? Thumb Up

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the Flintstones 4 of 4 card (this one still in its mini cello-pack) from that Nestle promotion.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Almost exactly two years ago, I showed a "Home Alone 2" lenticular card not listed in PCE2008.

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....547068596#2547068596

Here's another one. I thought I had seen it years before but wasn't certain. It does contain an image of the "pigeon lady" and one of Culkin's character eating ice cream.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Recently, I found something I hadn't seen before. Longtime promo collectors are familiar with the "San Jose" 6-card promo set (The Image Group, 1992) but it turns out there is an uncut sheet of those cards as well.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On American Vintage Cycles 1 and 2, all 200 cards come with either "Champs Dealer Promo Card" or "Champs General Distribution Card" on them ?

So on these alone, there are 400 promos ?

Must be a record !

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The last I heard about these, nearly all of the prototype versions had been seen so it appears all 200 base cards have a prototype version so that makes 200 total of those.

Base cards 132, 147, 152, and 179 also have a prototype with "Skybox Prototype Card" stamped on them in gold foil. Longtime collectors also know about the 4 unnumbered foil-front prototype and the 3 2-card chase card prototype strips.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
On American Vintage Cycles 1 and 2, all 200 cards come with either "Champs Dealer Promo Card" or "Champs General Distribution Card" on them ?

Must be a record !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Speaking of the American Vintage Cycles II set...I saw that there is an uncut sheet of the 4 prototypes with the Skybox Prototype Card stamp.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David R told me that there are cards with "Champs General Distribution Card" on them. In another thread, Promoking noted that there are also promos for Series 1 marked "Dealer's Sample" and ones for Series 2 that are marked "Dealer Promo Card."

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....453/m/5707083576/p/1

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

Must be a record !

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found another American Vintage Cycles variant promo card. This one is card #11 from Series 1 and it has the "CHAMPS DEALER PROMO CARD" gold foil stamp on the back. The difference is a gold foil stamp on the front that says "1 of 5000 SPORTS PROMO." The seller didn't know the source and it's tempting to say that it could have been given out at the National that year but then you'd expect a stamp/special printing that clearly says it's from the National. It appears to have been intended as a show giveaway somewhere.

The card was in a top loader that I didn't get but it did get sent along with the same kind of Champs envelope that the Champs Hi-Flyers "Rick Johnson prototype was presented in except this envelope has the same "1 of 5000 SPORTS PROMO" stamp on the front.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a view of the front of the Champs envelope that contained the Series 1 promo variant shown above. As you can see, the envelope bears the same gold foil stamp as the card. Without the stamp, it's the same type and size (6 1/4 x 6 1/4 inches) Champs used to contain the Hi-Flyers (Champs, 1991) "Rick Johnson" prototype.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's one David R. pointed out to me and just in time for the upcoming release of the Barbie movie...it was virtually unknown until one recently appeared for sale online. It's another promo for the Barbie Fashion Play Cards set (The River Group, 1993) - a fold-out card (like the one that was sent out to dealers in a kit among other promo items) but it must have been distributed in a different way (source unknown). I don't have it (just have scans) so I don't know the size but it appears to be roughly 3 1/2 x 5 inches.