Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many exist?
 Login/Join

Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Good one!

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
In 2000, Cyberaction sold a CD with a 9-card set of digital cards along with some text and audio and video clips. PCE2008 lists a promo set of physical cards that was given out at the time. Here is another 9-card promo set that was given only to Cyberaction employees.

There are actually 3 different 'sets...4 different sets? I'm getting old. Since this is a 'how many exist thread' I'll comment on how many I've seen over the years.
The 9-card set that loosks like the CD's ALOT
The 10 card business employees ones. Rarely see

4-card Jombo set of 4 Las Vegas Hilton log ALOT
4-card Jombo contest logo rarely see.

I am pretty resentful of the moeny I spent on the cd cards that can't be used anymore, but that's a whole other topic Wink

https://jklm.net/startrekcards...ion-star-trek-cards/

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 has an entry for "Destination Dinosaur" (no year) and lists three cards: "Allosaurus," "Apatosaurus," and "Deinonychus." Here are two more: "Dinosaur Eggs," and "Tyrannosaurus." These cards promote a temporary exhibit set up at the Milwaukee Zoo during the mid-90's. I assume the cards were given out at the zoo.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's that "Armadon" card:

quote:
Here's another card, "Vertigo" from the Primal Rage (1994) Playmates set. I have seen another one, "Armadon," as well.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the Primal Rage, I see a whole bunch on the auction sites

Sauron (appears to be 2 different ones)
Talon (2 different)
Diablo (2 different)
Chaos
Blizzard
Armadon (2 different)
Vertigo

I think there are 14 different ones, 2 versions of each character.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tommy C,

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's interesting - maybe two different cards per character. There is also a separate set with the Toys 'R Us logo on the front and different art of the characters. I assume those cards were given out at the store with a pre-order or maybe the cards were given away with purchase of the game (or just given away). I have an image of a few of the cards somewhere but I don't think I have any of the cards.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
On the Primal Rage, I see a whole bunch on the auction sites

Sauron (appears to be 2 different ones)
Talon (2 different)
Diablo (2 different)
Chaos
Blizzard
Armadon (2 different)
Vertigo

I think there are 14 different ones, 2 versions of each character.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On Primal Rage, there is a 14 card set, an 8 card Toys R Us set, and a sheet that came in Game Players Magazine.

All of the above were released in 1994. I do not personally have any.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 lists most of the 45-card Marvel Comics Staff Cards set. Shown below is #37 which is not listed. In another thread, Promoking observed that some numbers have been harder to find. In fact, he hasn't completed his set even after all these years so he concluded that some numbers might have been short-printed. Bill Mullins proposed that the distribution of these cards was not uniform with 45 individuals giving them out at various venues. It's hard to say at this point but both could be true.

I've seen this #37 card just once and picked it up because I hadn't seen it before. I was also lucky. It was actually an extra in a small lot that showcased another Marvel promo.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the previous page of this thread, there is an oversized card (7 x 10 1/4 inches) that was bound within the trading card edition of Personality Comics. This one was inbound within the edition of "The Rolling Stones."

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A 9-card set of the promos sold for $80 on October 24 and a set of the promos given to employees went for $90 on the same day.

quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:
quote:
In 2000, Cyberaction sold a CD with a 9-card set of digital cards along with some text and audio and video clips. PCE2008 lists a promo set of physical cards that was given out at the time. Here is another 9-card promo set that was given only to Cyberaction employees.

There are actually 3 different 'sets...4 different sets? I'm getting old. Since this is a 'how many exist thread' I'll comment on how many I've seen over the years.
The 9-card set that loosks like the CD's ALOT
The 10 card business employees ones. Rarely see

4-card Jombo set of 4 Las Vegas Hilton log ALOT
4-card Jombo contest logo rarely see.

I am pretty resentful of the moeny I spent on the cd cards that can't be used anymore, but that's a whole other topic Wink

https://jklm.net/startrekcards...ion-star-trek-cards/

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I found two Personality Comics cards not listed in PCE2008. They were both bagged with the trading card edition of "Headlights" with that being the title of both cards as well. One of them is rather racy though perhaps no more so than some of the sketch cards that remain posted. I'd never seen these before. I have seen some of the sports and entertainment celebrity cards from other Personality comics.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Jess, could you shoot me an e-mail?
I have something to ask you.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Okay.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Jess, could you shoot me an e-mail?
I have something to ask you.

posted Hide Post
I just wanted to say thank you Promoking, for having been on the PiP Podcast... it was immensely interesting to hear about promo cards. I hope you can come on again!

Posts: 71 | Location: Province of Quebec | Registered: March 27, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Thank you so much for having me on. I truly enjoyed answering your poignant questions and hopefully clarified some myths about collecting promo cards. I hope to see you live at the upcoming Philly show.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 lists a 20-card Dinocardz promo set but lists card #9 as "not known." Sometimes, a number is skipped for some reason but #9 is shown below.

Cards 1-10 were inserted 1 per 12-pack of Pepsi products with each card bearing a Pepsi logo on the back to distinguish it from a base card in the regular set. Cards 11-20 were distributed some other way or they might not have been officially released. Cello packs of 11-20 appeared on the market sometime in the mid-late 90's. I remember finding packs at a local flea market but the vendor didn't remember where they came from. Promoking once told me he found a cello-pack that contained cards 1-10.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are the Dinocardz 11-20 harder to find than 1-10 ?

I see on ebay now a few sets of 1-10 for less than ten dollars. I also see maybe half of the singles of 11-20 for sale, but no sets

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For years, 1-10 were harder to find because they were 1 per 12-pack and some cards were ruined by leaking soda. On top of that, the promotion didn't run long and it looks like it was a regional issue. I had 9 of the 10 and didn't get #9 until I found a lot with 1-10 in it several years ago. The packs with 11-20 were occasionally for sale online and not expensive $10 or less). I saw one for sale about a year ago. I would just keep checking Ebay.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Are the Dinocardz 11-20 harder to find than 1-10 ?

I see on ebay now a few sets of 1-10 for less than ten dollars. I also see maybe half of the singles of 11-20 for sale, but no sets

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 has an entry for "Fisher Boy Sharks" cards (Naltional Sea Products, Inc., 1996) which were inserted 1 per box of Fisher Boy Fish Sticks and lists two cards, "Great White," and "Hammerhead Shark." There's an image pf the "Great White" card on the same page. Below are three other cards still in their cello-packs. I don't know if there are others in the set.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 lists a Flintstones 4-card lenticular promo set (Nestle USA - Food Division Company, 1997) with cards inserted one per package of Nestle ice cream products. They are smaller-than-usual cards measuring 1 1/2 x 2 1/4 inches. I was buying the ice cream at the time and remember them being specifically in the ice cream "push-up pops" boxes. The promotion seemed shorter than the Lion King or the Hercules ones becauseI was able to finish those sets easily back then but picked up only two of the Flintstones cards before I stopped finding boxes in stores. The cards have rarely shown up for sale in recent years.

PCE2008 lists the "3 of 4" card. Below is the "1 of 4" card which I hadn't even seen before about two months ago.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,