Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How many exist?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
wolfie -- open an account at postimages.org.

You can upload images there, and then it will give you a link you can post here so the pictures will show up in a post.

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
If i had any clue or any way of putting up pictures i would be happy to do so.

Time to enter this century, Wolfie.

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STCardGeek:

Time to enter this century, Wolfie.

I need to boldly go where everyone has already gone. Surf

Upload images Bill, well that's me finished already. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 lists a number of cards from the Personality Comics set. Standard-size cards with artwork of celbrities were bagged with many issues but there were also larger cards (7 x 10 1/4 inches) inbound in many issues. Recently, I saw one of the larger ones that was not listed. It shows multiple images of Whoopi Goldberg and it's numbered out of 1500.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For years, the promo set for the "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" set (Dynamic Forces, 2000) was considered to be a 5-card set (not counting the sample autograph cards and the numerous uncut sheets/strips). The promo singles are P1, P1, P13, P19, P39, and an unnumbered one. Years later around 2017, another card, P67, and then some variants of the others that had foil fronts appeared on the market. Here's the P67.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 lists 9 cards in the promo set for "Deathwatch 2000" (Classic Games, 1993) I noticed an oddball card I hadn't seen before (and not listed in PCE) while looking around online and one not listed. It's the same (front and back) as one of the cards on one of the 4-card sheets listed which makes me wonder if this card was simply cut from one of those sheets. It might have been cut and released as a single by the company as well. I thought I saw it listed by Allender but checked that today and it isn't. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, there are chrome/refractor versions of P1, P13, P39 and the unnumbered promo. Same front images, but the cards are noticeably different from the regular ones. They are refractor foils.

Dealer Mhoponhop had them on ebay around 2016/17, but I am not sure if they surfaced again.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
For years, the promo set for the "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" set (Dynamic Forces, 2000) was considered to be a 5-card set (not counting the sample autograph cards and the numerous uncut sheets/strips). The promo singles are P1, P1, P13, P19, P39, and an unnumbered one. Years later around 2017, another card, P67, and then some variants of the others that had foil fronts appeared on the market. Here's the P67.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was sent a scan of the 4 holofoil variants of P1, P13, P39, and unnumbered promos. It appears that there were a lot fewer of these printed than the P67 promo. You might be able to see a bit of the refractor effect in the scan.

I think I saw one of holofoil cards for sale last year.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
In 2000, Cyberaction sold a CD with a 9-card set of digital cards along with some text and audio and video clips. PCE2008 lists a promo set of physical cards that was given out at the time. Here is another 9-card promo set that was given only to Cyberaction employees.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'm sure i have something like that for Stargate and Planet of the Apes, you put them in the laptop dvd drawer.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is a special uncut sheet of the 4-card unnumbered "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" promo set by Fleer/Skybox in 2003 noted in PCE2008. You can find it bound inside the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV Series Sourcebook" (Mirage, 2003), which was a Toys R Us exclusive. These cards were also available as singles from a cello-pack that was given out at the time. The source of the packs is unknown but may have been given out at Toys R Us as well.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Catskilleagle, would you be able by any chance to tell me what card 6/6 from the Muppet treasure island set is? I can confirm they were a mid 90s cereal giveaway in Os (but can't for the life of me remember which cereal).

quote:
This is card 5/6, "Tourist Rats," completing the 6-card set of Muppet Treasure Island cards (Dynamic Marketing) listed in PCE2008.

The cards are undated but probably from the mid-late 90's. Nobody seems to know how these cards were given out(cereal insert?) but Dynamic Marketing was an Australian company so it was probably done Down Under.

Posts: 1 | Location: Australia | Registered: June 11, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was a member of the Dynamic/Intrepid club during the 90s until it went toes up
And have been through all the magazine promo info stuff that was sent to me but can not find any info on these cards
Mabey Cardscout can elaborate a bit more on this

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's "Long John Silver." Thanks for the additional information.

Welcome to Card Talk. Feel free to ask more questions and comment on anything said before.

quote:
Originally posted by Millieanne:
Catskilleagle, would you be able by any chance to tell me what card 6/6 from the Muppet treasure island set is? I can confirm they were a mid 90s cereal giveaway in Os (but can't for the life of me remember which cereal).

quote:
This is card 5/6, "Tourist Rats," completing the 6-card set of Muppet Treasure Island cards (Dynamic Marketing) listed in PCE2008.

The cards are undated but probably from the mid-late 90's. Nobody seems to know how these cards were given out(cereal insert?) but Dynamic Marketing was an Australian company so it was probably done Down Under.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The PCE2008 lists a 6-card promo sheet among the promos for "America's Most Wanted" (America's Trading cards, 1991) but I found another one with a different combination of cards on it. This one doesn't have the Instant Win Game card nor the Dennis Schley Lilly card and it has two cards not on the other sheet (Haywood Cook and Gwendolyn Carol Dowell Benton).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
Gday Cats,
I just found that I have the Michael Newton "Tribute" promo, with the gold foil lettering, the same as the one you've pictured here.
Question...are the other promos on the sheet around in various collections as separate cards..?

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey Cardscout,

Yes, there are nine different singles distributed in a special foil pack. There's usually a pack for sale somewhere at a reasonable price ($10-15) and sometimes at an unreasonable price.

Cats

quote:
Originally posted by cardscout182:
Gday Cats,
I just found that I have the Michael Newton "Tribute" promo, with the gold foil lettering, the same as the one you've pictured here.
Question...are the other promos on the sheet around in various collections as separate cards..?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Glad to say that Jaycee Dugard (as seen on the sheet) had a rare happy ending for a missing persons case, especially for someone held in captivity as long as she was, which turned out to be nearly two decades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ing_of_Jaycee_Dugard

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The PCE2008 lists a 6-card promo sheet among the promos for "America's Most Wanted" (America's Trading cards, 1991) but I found another one with a different combination of cards on it. It one doesn't have the Instant Win Game card nor the Dennis Schley Lilly card and it has two cards not on the other sheet (Haywood Cook and Gwendolyn Carol Dowell Benton).

This was in the video I posted a few months ago:

https://youtu.be/piobzn6SQ6M?t=75

Posts: 2202 | Location: Huntsville, AL United States | Registered: November 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 lists the promos for Glamourcon 1, 2, and 4. Here's the one for #3. I ran across the images in Ebay's completed listings.