Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Dark Horse signing card sketches
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dark Horse signing card sketches
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Dark Horse signing cards were giveaways at the Dark Horse booth at San Diego Comic-Con from 1997 to 2001 to promote their comics but there was always a decent line with several people bringing a few things to sign. The artists changed every hour. Some artists not only signed the backs but also added a quick sketch because there was enough blank space for it, the cards being 3 x 4 inches. I've seen very few online so I thought I'd show the ones I received in those years though it appears it was something they did only in 1999 and 2000 (the 2001 cards were smaller and therefore had a smaller signing area with no real room for a sketch).

The first one is on the back of a Ghost card. It was done in pencil so the scan didn't pick up all the detail but it's still good:

The other one I have on a Ghost card is by Art Adams but it appears to be a sketch of Obi-Wan Kenobi.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are two sketches on the back of the "Ghost Handbook" card (I don't know the artist of the first one but the second one is Scott Benefiel):

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This one is on the back of an "Angel" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (2000) card:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a sketch on the back of a "Star Wars: Jedi Council" (2000) card:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is a sketch Stan Sakai did on the back of a "Usagi Yojimbo" (2000) card:

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a sketch Sergio Aragones did on the back of a "Groo Houndbook" card (1999):

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally, this is a sketch Sergio Aragones did for me on the back of a "Space Circus" (2000) card.