Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Here's a review of the various Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles promos from the over the years.

Here's the 5-sticker"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" set (Mirage Studios, 1991). They were inserted one per package of Hostess Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pies. The fronts show characters with yellow backgrounds; blank backs and printed on thin stock. This was the first TMNT card-related promotion that Hostess did in 1991. The set has been going for $15-25 the past few years.

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is the 5-card "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze" set (Mirage Studios, 1991). Cards were inserted with Hostess Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Pies. They were printed on thin white plastic. The cards have white-bordered fronts and the backs are the same (see the 6th image) with text promoting the movie.

This was the second card-related TMNT promotion that Hostess did that year.

It sells for about $15-30 though some sellers try to get a lot more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen this 4-card hologram set (Mirage Studios, 1991) offered as a promo set though I thought it was a vending machine item. It turned out that both are correct according to one source who contributed to the comments section of a website page discussing the white-bordered cards and the yellow-background stickers:

http://20yearsb42000.blogspot....rtles-pie-cards.html

"Before the pies were ever produced, the marketing team had planned to release an alternate wrapper with the holograms included inside. However, some time after the holograms were physically manufactured, they scrapped the idea. Hostess then slapped little round stickers on boxes of a new product called Brownie Bites, promoting the inclusion of a hologram. They didn't make much of a dent in the holograms, so they sold them to vending machine companies across the country."

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one of the two "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" promo sets released by Fleer/Skybox in 2003. This one has a different design on the fronts and backs with the cards unnumbered. They were distributed in a cello-pack and as part of an uncut sheet that was bound within the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV Series Sourcebook" (Mirage, 2003), a Toys 'R US exclusive. You can find the packs in the $5-10 range and the Sourcebook in that range as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the other 4-card TMNT promo set from 2003 (Fleer/Skybox Intl./Mirage Studios). It seems to be promoting a 2-part episode of the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" TV cartoon back around 2003. The card backs say "The Shredder Strikes" - the name of the episode. PCE2008 valued them at $3 each. Recently, I saw a set sell for $175 but I'd like to see another one sell for something close to that before recognizing that as the going-rate.

I don't recall how the set was distributed but it appears to have been less common than the other set. Maybe Todd knows.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a 4-card TMNT promo set (Mirage Studios/4Kids Entertainment, 2007) given out at K-Mart stores in a pack that contains all the cards. Each one says "TMNT" in silver foil on the front. The set promotes the 2007 animated movie.

This is an uncommon-rare set these days. I haven't seen a pack for sale in a couple of years.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a #3 sticker, "Splinter," from the TMNT set of 8 (Mirage Studios, USA, 1990) that was inserted one per package of Uncle Tobys snacks in Australia in 1990. Each one measures 2 1/16 x 3 5/16 inches. The text on the backs offers match-and-win instructions and the lower portion could be filled out and mailed away for a chance to win a separate prize. I don't have any of the others.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw a sealed pack of these sell for just $5 early this year or late last year. Another one sold for $25 on June 7.

quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
Here's a 4-card TMNT promo set (Mirage Studios/4Kids Entertainment, 2007) given out at K-Mart stores in a pack that contains all the cards. Each one says "TMNT" in silver foil on the front. The set promotes the 2007 animated movie.

This is an uncommon-rare set these days. I haven't seen a pack for sale in a couple of years.