Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Question on Philly Show Variants
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question on Philly Show Variants
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Question about the Philly celebrity cards that have been given out over the years. As of 2021, they are up to card # 112.

I know that # 97 only came in a metal version (Jacob and Julie Stem), not a regular card.

I was surprised to learn that # 96 (Jay Lynch) had a metal variant. I only have the regular card. This came out back in 2017, yet I did not learn of this until last month when I saw one on ebay.

Are there any other metal variants on the 112 cards ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking at the image of Card 97 (front & back) I can see why it was a metal card only. It features Jake & Julie Stem of Faerie Metal. Their metal runs are not large so is their card a short run only?

I have five metal cards for the Philly Show but they are not of the celebrities.

The five are:
Philly Show 2018 honoring Faerie Metal
Cards #8 & #9 from Philly Phavourites Television set of 9 dated 2018
NSU find out what they are worth 60th Philly Show with art by Jay Lynch limited xxx/100 dated 2014
The NSU nut art by Brent Engstrom limited xxx/100 dated 2013

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the metal variant on 96. I know that we are prohibited against posting active auctions, but I think it falls into the exception as "a unique item"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19457...5:g:MagAAOSwy-5b1Ozo

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post