Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    They slipped through our fingers..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

They slipped through our fingers..
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Promoking
I see your point in the numbering you could be right .
But the pictures and numbering are the same as the card that i have so i presume that it was the card sold .
As the 2005 front and 2004 back could of confused the seller.
This is the only one i have seen for sale privately the two others have been through a UK auction site and he still has another advertised so he could have a lot of them.

The UK seller purchased the inkworks cards at liquidation. They have a lot of unreleased inkworks items , I'm sure they have a few more promos they are hoping to sell for $100 +

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They have high prices on them but every so often they test the water by putting them on auction for 99c then you can get them very cheap . But then they go back into the vaults.
I think I paid into the high twenties for mine and the second one went a bit higher.
Every so often they put up for auction odd what they call unreleased items at 99. starting bids.

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

others have been through a UK auction site and he still has another advertised so he could have a lot of them.

That's putting it mildly.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A 3-card lot of the Gone with the Wind promos (1997, Duo Cards), including the quite rare #1 and #3, sold for $29.95 on December 2 (2 bids).

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Somebody got a good deal on this large lot of oddball promos:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/130-D...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Here's the list so there's a record after the listing disappears:

Alcatraz High (Blank Back) - No #
Babes (Infinity Card Co.) - Cards 1 & 2 of 2
Batman (Skybox) - "Georgia Dome" #2933 of 50,000
Bicycle Museum American Classics (TCM Assoc.) - No.1 - No.3
Blondezilla - #1 "Chiller Spring '01"
Blood Lust (Ground Zero Comics) - With and without Pittsburgh Comicon Exclusive Logo
Cavewomen (Caliber Comics) - No #
Cavewomen (Amyrl) - P1 (16 of 250)
Chopper Chicks of Mars "Mark's Non-Sports Cards" - BC #1
Eric Carr (Studio Chikara) - 5 Card Set No #
Femme Fatales - 4 Card Set SDCC Promo 1 - SDCC Promo 4
FemTrooper Julie - Signed "XOXOXO FemTrooper Julie" on back
Flaxen (Imagine, Inc.) - 2 Cards No #
Girls of Route 66 - 6 Card Set Card 1 of 6 - Card 6 of 6
Good Squad (Kitchen Sink) - Oversized Card Promo card 4 of 4
Harp (Ground Zero Comics) - No #
Hawaiian Tropic (Star 93) - #21 "Show Promo - 1 of 2500
Hawaiian Tropic (Star 94) - 3 Cards No #
James Bond: Goldeneye Graffiti/Inkworks New name announcement card No # (#204/500)
John Byrne's Next Men Encased/Sealed Card - No # (#000178 on seal)
King Kong (Eclipse) - No #
Lugosi (Aragon Art Studios) - Artist Robert Aragon Promo with Bella Lugosi on front of card. #P1 (Limited to 500)
Monsters Zombies and Freaks: The Sketch Card Collection (Cult-Stuff) P1 (Red Foil on Front)
Morbid Monster Cards -
PS1 - 1 of 500
TS1 - 1 of 500
W1 - 1 of 500
P1 - 1 of 1500
NSU1 - 1 of 500
MC1 - 1 of 500
Mystic Sirens: The Supposition (Image 2000) - No # Prototype
A Nightmare on Elm Street (Impel) - No #
Northern Exposure (Ultimate Trading Card Co.) - No #
Outer Limits Reprint Set Promos - #1 of 3 - 3 of 3
Penthouse Authentic Autographed Card - No # Signed by Heidi Lynne
Pocket Pin-Ups - Oversized Card Promo card 1 of 3 - Promo card 3 of 3
Promo Card Encyclopedia - Promo #1
Rock Street Vixens - Header Card and Cards 1 of 5 - 5 of 5
Rugrats (Sunkist) 1 - 6 of 6
Scifi Cards - P3 (Limited Edition of 1000)
Scream Queens 4 - P1 - P3
SportsMart - Shelly Lee January, 1992 SportsMate of front of Card No #
2004 Charity Star Wars Celebrity Breakfast - No # Non Sports Card Expo
Star Wars Fan Club - 2006
Star Wars Fan Club - 2008
Tabitha Stevens - No # Personal Website Promo
Teddy Girls (Jacquelin Smith Designs, Inc.) - Ted Kimer Signed Promo Card
Terror Cards - 3 No # Cards
Tiffany Shepis (Choice Marketing) - No # "Chiller Theater"
Tiffany Shepis (Choice Marketing) - No # "Dragon*Con"
Treasure Chest and Booty -
6 Card Preview Set
HCPS1
MCPS1
No # "Internet Exclusive"
Shock Stories (Monsterwax) - Promo 1 - 4 of 4
Unnameable Press - UP1 - UP3
Xena (2001) - P3
Xena: Dangerous Liasions - "INT"
Indian Motorcycles Series II -
No # Hologram
Cards 1, 8, 10, & 16
Green Hornet Hologravure Cards - 2H & 3H (Both Signed by Tony Caputo)

Added 6/22/19:

Classic Vintage Movie Posters (Breygent) Anniversary Promo 1 (#659/700) "Philly" promo
Dynamic Marketing - No # (#10694/16,000)
Kathy's Kards 1992 - (#0769/3000)
Kathy's Kards 1991 - (#0894/5000)
Promo Card Encyclopedia - No # "Philly Show" 2010
Thunderbirds Are Go (Cards Inc.) - CIWTB
Twilight (NECA) - "Who is Bella" Hot Topic Exclusive HT-1

Added 6/23/19:

CBLDF Liberty - P3 (0676/1000)
Dungeon Dolls - HCSPEC
Dungeon Dolls - PNSCS
Happy Jack Collectables - HJ-P7 (Limited to 250)
Hercules (Topps) - P1
Mars Attack - No # (Printed for Diamond Comics Distributors, Inc.) (1 of 1500)
Outer Space Men - P2 (Philly Non Sports Card Show)
Pulp Detectives - PD-P1 (Limited to 500)
SciFi Cards - P7 (Limited Edition pf 1500)
The War of the Worlds - P2 (Hand #d of 500)
The War of the Worlds - P3 (Limited to 500)
Added 7/24/19
Faust: Love of the Damned - Hologram (O'Comicon 1992)
Inkworks 2000 - Thank You Card (Hand #d 1002/2000)

The vast majority of the cards are in NM condition and in toploaders.

Posts: 4375 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
yeah they did. I got the seller to take $200, but then I realized I wasn't in a position at that moment to go through with the purchase. Too bad.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Back in January, somebody won 18 of those Buffy promo packs with the M1-M5 cards plus some other cards for just $7.50 Those packs still go for $15-20 each. It pays to watch the board.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PROMO...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's another auction won by someone anticipating good future sales:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-...e:g:MEcAAOSwrAFgIbtW

That's 36 cards for $1125 or about $30 maybe a little more if a few of the cards are a little beat-up. $30 is about the low end of the going rate with singles ranging into the $60-75 on the high end plus one outlier at $127. That card had been rather scarce (always just a few for sale across the year) but now there's a lot of them because they are going for more. PCE2008 has it at $10 but in recent years it's been more of a $30 card and the hardest to find of the Marvel Masterpieces 1992 prototypes. It was bagged with issue #21 of Up 'n Coming magazine.

Jess

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Another one of those 1995 Dragon Ball holofoil promos sold for $75 on December 8. It was going for $40-60 last year.

quote:
The Dragonball card must be rarer than we thought, as sellers that are selling it describe it as rare, but there are not that many coming onto the market.
One went last week for $ 45.00 wich also surprised me.
I think that the dealer just gave me my copy.
Are we not supposed to learn something new every day?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardscout182
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
It never ceases to amaze me what things sell for on ebay and this works both ways. Things that should sell for loads of money go for nothing whilst cards that should be worth nothing sell for loads of money. Ebay is a crazy place.

If anyone is intrested i have the Hulk movie PC1 for trade.
Gday Wolfie, that PC1 still available..?

Posts: 707 | Location: sydney nsw australia | Registered: February 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A set of All-Stars of Sound promos (Sony, 2005) sold for a Best Offer under $15 (so maybe $11-12) on Feb 17. This is an uncommon/rare 20 card set that Promoking noted in the PCE additions/corrections thread some time ago. I actually saw it for sale last week and was thinking about it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/22481...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I saw this Marvel Masterpieces 1993 Venom promo sold for just $9.08 with 1 bid on March 1. The seller misspelled "Marvel" and didn't add the "s" to "Masterpiece" so some potential buyers couldn't find it in a search using those keywords. It was a mistake because that card has sold for $50-90 over the past couple of years and sellers are trying to get at least that now.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/33434...rksid=p2047675.l2557

I saw another auction that included the card in a promo lot and it ended with just one bid at $19.25.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25542...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Congratulations to whoever noticed those two auctions. I was lucky to find the one I have in a bargain box for $1 at least 20 years ago and it's autographed by Dave Dorman.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just saw this yesterday. I don't see this offered often but a few are available now for about $180-200 each. This one sold on Jan 11 for just $3 after just two bids.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/37437...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
what an incredible bargain and the card looks to be in great shape.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's a lot I was looking at about a week ago but it went to someone else (I just thought about it too long) - 5 Overstreet Giveaway Gimmicks for $10 including a Hellshock and Price Keeper card, either one being a $5-10 card alone.

PCE2008 notes that the sources of the Hellshock (there are two different) and Price Keeper cards were unknown and I still haven't heard of anyone saying how they were distributed. I get the feeling they were sent to dealers who ordered some quantity of the magazine.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31520...tkp%3ABk9SR6qkkvbJYw

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
That's a sweet Overstreet promo lot that you spotted. I will attest that ALL of those promos were available in polybagged copies of Overstreet Update & related magazines. Sry I can't tell you specific issues. I have dumped or sold the unbagged mags but still have the promos.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually purchased this particular Overstreet promo lot.

After 30 years, I am still trying to complete this set...

Jeff Allender's site has a list of the card variations and which issues the cards were inserted (Overstreet Giveaway Gimmick Cards).

There also happens to be another lot listed that has the Hellshock Type 2 of 2 card.

Posts: 114 | Location: Kansas | Registered: April 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Were these Overstreet cards inserted in the Overstreet Comic Book Monthly magazine ?

If so, it ran 21 issues from 1993 through early 1995.

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, they were inserted in Overstreet Cpmic Book Monthly. You can still find sealed issues for sale with the cards inside (one per issue).

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Were these Overstreet cards inserted in the Overstreet Comic Book Monthly magazine ?

If so, it ran 21 issues from 1993 through early 1995.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
PCE2008 has the same list. I wish you luck completing that collection.

quote:
Originally posted by Bond:
I actually purchased this particular Overstreet promo lot.

After 30 years, I am still trying to complete this set...

Jeff Allender's site has a list of the card variations and which issues the cards were inserted (Overstreet Giveaway Gimmick Cards).

There also happens to be another lot listed that has the Hellshock Type 2 of 2 card.