Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  General Promo Talk    Some of My Favorite Promos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some of My Favorite Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Some of my favorite promo cards are from the early to mid-1990s. These stand out in particular:

TSR Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. This was the set from around 1992 or 1993. Regular cards, not gaming cards. What fascinated me about these is that there were some promos that were exclusive to B. Dalton and Waldenbooks (one was a pack, one a sheet, I believe) Always found these pretty neat !

Coors Nature promo set. These are oversized chrome promo cards of bears, moose, the outdoors, etc. which advertise Coors beer artwork. Beautiful cards

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been forgetting to comment on this. The Coors Nature Series set is one of my favorites as well. I think I first heard about them in the NSU Finders/Keepers section maybe 12-15 years ago. Through a friend of a friend who worked for Coors I got a few cards and found a few online and at shows.

They promote a series of large mirrors with the same artwork (various North American mammals) - sold through a catalogue.

Great artwork with three of the cards being refractors.

quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Some of my favorite promo cards are from the early to mid-1990s. These stand out in particular:

TSR Advanced Dungeons and Dragons. This was the set from around 1992 or 1993. Regular cards, not gaming cards. What fascinated me about these is that there were some promos that were exclusive to B. Dalton and Waldenbooks (one was a pack, one a sheet, I believe) Always found these pretty neat !

Coors Nature promo set. These are oversized chrome promo cards of bears, moose, the outdoors, etc. which advertise Coors beer artwork. Beautiful cards

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's card #1 in the series:

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That card is great, can't think why.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A sealed B. Dalton pack sold for $10.91 last month (4 bids). One of the two cards (#744 Rikus) went for $14.99 in a separate auction a few days ago. Someone is offering a pack now for $75.

There seems to be some real interest in the TSR promos in any case.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by David R: