Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
Open That Box Day 2012
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted
My original post got lost, so hopefully this one goes through.

I opened a box of one of my favorite licenses after midnight tonight: Star Trek: TNG. I managed to snag a box at the comics shop I work at.

I got a base set, 8 silver parallels, 4 tribute cards, 2 USS Enterprise cards and 3 holodeck cards along with autographs from Mark L. Taylor, Megan Cole (L), Jonathan del Arco (L) and Tony Todd (EL). I am pretty happy with my pulls and will edit this message a little later with more details. Needless to say I have always loved OTB Day Smile

Good night!

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Also opened STNG Series 2!

Same chase cards as cordelia - and the following auto's: Vyto Ruginis, Barbara Tarbuck, Jeffrey Hayenga and Dey Young - 1 Limited and 3 commons - Not exciting but good while it lasted!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Having just sorted the set I notice that the base cards end at 176 and jump to 179 for checklist - anybody know where 177 and 178 went?

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Having just sorted the set I notice that the base cards end at 176 and jump to 179 for checklist - anybody know where 177 and 178 went?

177 & 178 are the checklists for Series 1 and are only found in those boxes.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to delete the question before it was answered as I realised straight after turning computer off! Thanks anyway

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I was hoping to delete the question before it was answered as I realised straight after turning computer off! Thanks anyway

I'm just too quick for ya! Razz Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I opened 3 boxes tonight - Galaxy 7, Vampirella 2012 and Heroes Season 1.
Nothing too spectacular, but still fun breaks.

Heroes Season 1

Claire Bennet Cheerleader Uniform Costume Card (white version)
Foil Inserts 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 & 10

Vampirella 2012 All New Trading Card Series

Sketch Card by Jason Potratz and Jack Hai
Louis Small Autograph Card

Inserts:
3D Lenticular - VL3, VL4, VL5 & VL6
Puzzle - P2, P3, P4 & P5
Gallery of Foes - FG2

and of course, one complete base set.

Star Wars Galaxy 7

Sketch Card by Rhiannon Owens

Inserts:
Bronze Foil Parallel #13
Silver Foil - 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14 & 15
Etched Foil - 1, 2, 3 & 5

Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
I opened up a box of Inkworks The Osbournes that I picked up at the Fall Philly show -
(wearing the Red Robin hat - it seemed appropriate!)
First half opened - 2 foils (FP2 & FP3), and 1 diecut Headbangers card (H3)

Second half - 2 more foils (FP4 & FP5), another diecut (H2) and a Pieceworks (Jack T-shirt PW4):

Thsi made a change - in the other boxes of this set I got at the same time (that I opened in Philly) I mostly got Kelly Osbournes Jeans (though in one box I did get an Ozzy Autograph redemption!)
Au Res.,
Paul

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Quaint1,

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Pics aren't working Frown

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Happy OTB day.

This year I went for a box of Lost Season 2, for two reasons: one I hadn't opened an Inkworks box for a while and two I was hoping to pull a Tania Raymonde auto.
What I did pull was the correct number of inserts and Brett Cullen as Goodwin auto and PW5 Hurley's shirt.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Report This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I opened a premium pack. Thumb Up

Military Propoganda & Poster Trading Cards.

Made by Cult - Stuff.

Pack # 788 / 1000

I got the gauranteed base set of 36 cards.

Chase cards, MW1, B1/4, B2/4, both UK version.

I also got a cloth version of base card # 29.

I also got M1 which is a card with a little plastic folder attached to the front of it which contains a relic from the war years. In my case it was a Genuine German stamp with a picture of Adolph Hitler on it.

The base set is superb and right up there with the high standard that Cult - Stuff has set for all it's products.

The cloth card is simply superb, a picture would not do it justice and the stamp is a great keepsake, who knows, Hitler may have touched this very stamp himself, i know it's a bit of a longshot but nobody can say that he did not.

Overall really pleased with these. Anyone who has any intrest in the war or military should really go out and buy these. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post

posted Hide Post
Here are the results of my first box break of the year - Ghost Whisperer Season 3 and 4.

- one complete base set, several doubles and triples
- Q5 & Q6 Quotes cards
- T6 & T7 Trivia cards
- CP7 & CP8 Puzzle cards

Costume cards:
- C15 Jamie Kennedy
- C16 Christoph Sanders

Prop card
- P6 Transparent Mask

Happy OTB Day! Smile

Posts: 128 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: April 14, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Okay, I had 2 boxes of Marvel Greatest Heroes left over from a group buy I organised. Here's the sketches:

I also finished off my spare set of IAM chase cards, so a good break and a great excuse to open stuff Smile

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:

I also got a cloth version of base card # 29.

I also got M1 which is a card with a little plastic folder attached to the front of it which contains a relic from the war years. In my case it was a Genuine German stamp with a picture of Adolph Hitler on it.

Cult Stuff does do really interesting things with their card sets. I got one of their mystery packs which had a cloth card in it. The 'odd' formats really works well with the subject matter of their cards.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
This year for Open that Box Day 2012 my 10 and 7 year old wanted to help open my box of Wacky Packages Old School Series 3.

First we started out with a hearty breakfast of Dad’s Pancakes.

Than we posed for a picture. (Daddy forgot to comb his hair!)

We opened the packs

Finished the puzzle

Sorted everything into piles

Got this Sketch

The girls got bored so daddy finished up.
The Results:
One Box of 24 packs
One Sketch by Mark Parisi
One Poster
2 and 2/3 checklists puzzles
One Main Set of 33 Tan Back Stickers
19 of 33 White Back Stickers
15 of 33 Ludlow Back Stickers
14 of 16 Tan Back Wacky 1967 Wackys Subset
5 of 16 White Back Wacky 1967 Wackys Subset
9 of 16 Ludlow Back Wacky 1967 Wackys Subset

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Awesome posts so far!!!

I got an entry today from a non-member and I thought I'd post it as I do every year for him:

Comments: It's Here!!
Another year passes, but it's here - Open That Box Day!!
...the perfect way to revitalize your favorite hobby!
This time I opened up a box of my absolute favorite show: The Wallking Dead, and I'm happy to have a full set, with autographs, to show to my friends, family, co-workers, and everyone else I've been trying to recruit into watching (and now they might all want to collect cards too...)
Brilliant! ...and I'm back in the mood & mode to keep buying, trading, building, & growing my collection - Thanks again, NSU - you continue to be the lifeline to all of our favorite pastimes!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
well my open that box day has started out blahh

opened 2 boxes of Big Bang Theory
and all I got was Raj's parents autographs
a Raj outfit and only saving grace - Penny's Hoody

have decided to make it put the cards away day
and try to put away everything I got at the Philly show

might open some more boxes this evening
- Vampirella and Red Sonja

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
My box was Battlestar Galactica Season 4

I got all the appropriate chase cards and the following:

Stephanie Jacobsen autograph (Limited)(but I already had it)
Colin Lawrence as "Skulls" (didn't have that)
Double Costume card Doral - DC15 (have it)
Costume card Simon - C47 (Didn't have it)

So, I'm happy, 2 more items to cross off my need list for BSG!

Happy OTB Day!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane,

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Getting Ready to open out boxes:

Opening!! Sheri's caffeine doesn't look like it's kicked in though.

Sheri's Wizard of Oz Pulls:
(Nice Darren Auck Scarecrow Sketch!!)

My Harry Potter 3-D 2nd Edition Pulls:
(I hope they honor the redemption, and the BT3 Ron Weasley Box topper was one I needed, too.)

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Report This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
1 Box Lost Season 1-5 is on the table waiting to be opened later this afternoon, standby for pics and results...good luck fellow card collectors...may the odds be in your favor...

Posts: 3 | Location: NYC | Registered: April 26, 2012Report This Post