Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
Open That Box Day 2012
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
I opened the three 258 packs I was lucky eoung to get and three packs of Blood and sand...

258 Got:

Misha Collins
2 Rob Benedicts
2 Ashley Finks
Emilia Clarke
Brit Morgan
Javier Grillo-Marxuach
Mary Pat Gleason
Matt Keeslar
Nina Dobrev
and Promo's MP12-01 to 03

Blood and Sand:

Autos:
Temuera Morrison
Jessica Grace Smith
Stephen Lovatt
David Astin
Lliam Powell
Peter Feeney

Cards:
GB2, GB5
GG4
G2,G4,G5
B3,B7,B8
V4,V8
WG3
WB2

Base cards: 2,8,10,14,17,18

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Slept in a bit this morning as it's going to be a busy rest of the weekend starting this afternoon, opened my first of 3 Big Bang Theory boxes, and it was a good one! Big Grin

A3 Penny Big Grin
M3 Sheldon's Undershirt Smile
FO1,2,6, and 8
CO1 and 4
1 Base set with extra sinles

I should be able to break another box sometime this afternoon!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Report This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Started the day by wishing my wife and daughter a "Good Open that Box Day, may the "hand" be with you!", and the dog was wished the same, only I changed it to "May the "Paw" be with you." After a traditional Open that Box Day breakfast of microwave pancakes (see Eric the Architect's post above), I settled down to open my 3 boxes, Inkworks Jericho, Rittenhouse Indy Cars, and a blaster box of American Pie. My wife even sat and watched as I opened the packs.

From Jericho an Erik Knudson auto and a Pieceworks card, plus 2 full sets and 6 foils.

From Indy Racing, 2 autos, Sarah Fisher and Marco Andretti, plus a full set and 6 inserts.

From American Pie, a Vincent Pastore relic, a foil parrallel numbered 31/76, 3 other foils and 6 inserts.

Not bad, 3 autos, 2 relics, several foils and inserts I needed as well as 3 sets.

The whole Open that Box Day thing is made fun by the fact that this is happening all over the world with different collectors. Good luck to all of you "May the "hand" (or paw) be with you!"

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of willgull
posted Hide Post
Well, I could only find a blaster box of American Pie....so I got it. The son had a blaster box of Imapct wrestling (I know-not non-sport).

The American Pie blaster provided me with a Back to the Future buy back, and a Spencer Tracy coin (dime) card numbered 10/25.

The kids box provided him with an auto card of..................JIMMY RAVE!

I would have preferred to have better boxes, however, money and scarcity in my area helped prevent it. I am happy about the coin card though!

Twak "TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOTTA BEAT THE MAN!" Richard Flair

Posts: 809 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 21, 2002Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Bob-
That was a GREAT box. Congrats!! Thumb Up

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
and for this year I too opened a box of "The Big Bang Theory"

1 complete base set plus many extras
C02, C06 and C08
F03, F04, F07 and f09
No costume card but
A4 autograph of Howard ( Simon Helberg )

Thumb Up

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Box # 2, not as exciting as the first box, especially since I already had both of the big hits, but fun nonetheless!

A10 Mrs. Koothrappali
M12 Raj's Purple Jacket
F04,7,8, and 9
CO2 and 7

I think that's it for today! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I reserved for opening on this day 6 premium packs of Nevermore Alice that I received last week and managed to fight off the temptation to open them purely by opening two boxes of Classical Mythology the details of which I posted elsewhere.

Back to Nevermore Alice, each pack was in a red envelope and contained two base cards plus 1 or more sketch cards. I ended up with seven sketch cards, 2 promo cards, 1 base set plus two duplicates.

The sketch cards were as follows:-

[IMG:left] [/IMG]

By Fer Galicia - untitled.

By Lak Lim - untitled.

By Mel Uran - untitled.

By Patrick Finch - untitled.

By Rand - untitled

By Smarto - untitled.

Imageshack would only allow me to portray 6 of the 7, the missing one was by Boo entitled "Feel my Klingons"

I hope I have identified all the artists correctly as I found it a little to decipher some signatures.

Well worth the wait I think!

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Happy OTB Day all!

My own plans fell kind of flat because I never got the premium packs of Spartacus that I wanted to open and I didn't want to spring for another Big Bang when the price went up and I already have the 6 autographs I'm likely to find. So I picked up two boxes that I would not normally buy.

I opened STNG 2, even though I never watched it, because it had 4 autographs. I got William Lithgow, Joshua Harris, Malachi Throne and John De Lancie. I guess De Lancie as Q would be the best known.

Then I opened UD's Avengers, even though I knew I wouldn't be so lucky as to get more than the guaranteed sketch and costume cards. The base cards and chase cards are nice, but of course one box won't complete anything. Anyway I pulled an OK sketch of The Thing by what seems like GLIM". I really wish artists would write their full names some place, I'm tired of having sketches from unknowns. Frown

I'm not a big fan of costume cards, but I did get a single swatch of Cobie and a triple with Ruffolo, Evans and Cobie.

I guess its not too bad for pot luck. Smile

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Happy OTDB 2012 to all Wave

I was very luck to find another box of Topps WCW Nitro from an online dealer at a great price!!! I haven't gone through the base yet, but most boxes have two bases in them. Here's the results,

Chrome
C4,C8,C12
La Parka Autograph

I was hoping for a Randy Savage or Miss Elizabeth autograph but I'm quite happy with the La Parka autograph.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lost Season 1-5 Results: 1 Base set cards # 1-108, 3 Autograph cards: Dean Pellegrino, Mapothen, 4 Artifex Cards, 2 Motion Lenticular Cards, 1 Oceanix six Card, and 1 mini set 4 of 4 Flash Forward Card Set. Now that was fun. I found my first autograph card sitting in the first pack of cards I opened, way cool! As soon as I figure out a way to post pics I'll publish them, I took a bunch. Great score, hope we all do it again soon.

Posts: 3 | Location: NYC | Registered: April 26, 2012Report This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened a box of Weird-Oh's with my dad (Ted Sr.) and daughter (Lily). So we had three generations of non-sports collectors opening reprints of cards my dad opened as a kid. Pretty cool, lots of fun!

Ted Sr., Lily, Me

Can't wait to open the packs!

Grandpop shows her how it's done.

Look, someone actually reads the card backs!

What to do with so many Weird-Ohs!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Great pics Ted!
Love your dad's shirt.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
My 5 258 West Mystery Packs came in today (Thanks Ed!!! Big Grin Big Grin ) and since it is still OTB day I'm gonna post the breaks here for y'all.

Pack 1

Pack 2

Pack 3

Pack 4

Pack 5

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
Earlier today, I opened 2 boxes of Family Guy Presents Episode IV A New Hope:

• Base set: 4 + extras
  • A New Hope Puzzle: NH-2, NH-3, NH-4, NH-5, NH-6, NH-7, NH-8
  • Ships & Transports: ST-1, ST-2, ST-6- ST-7, ST-8, ST-9
  • What Happens Next: WN-2, WN-3, WN-4, WN-5
  • Scenes from Space: S-1, S-2, S-6 (x2)
  • Droid Chat: DC-2 (x2), DC-3

The 2 boxes helped fill in some holes in my chase sets.

What was really interesting is that I let my wife pick 1 of the 2 boxes to open. In the first, 5 packs she opened, she pulled a chase card from each pack. Some packs she opened had 2 chase cards. From her box, she got 13 chase cards. From mine, I got 10. She does have "the touch." lol

My thanks to the Tosers for once again organizing and hosting Open That Box! Day. It's a lot of fun to share a special day with fellow collectors literally from around the world!

P.S. As it so happened, in today's mail, I received the Philly Show promo cards that Ed Webb so generous arranged to pick up. AND....I finally received my prize from a Black Friday 2011 contest that I won. Lol

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Administrator
    Picture of H_Toser
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
    Great pics Ted!
    Love your dad's shirt.

I agree! Very cool Ted. I like your pictures Kennywood too.

There's been some really great posts today. Hope everyone is enjoying the event.

Darth Vader Fan -- I hope you don't mind but I edited your post. Your pictures were not showing up -- you that the IMG code in there twice. Now they are showing. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Arvin Sloane
    posted Hide Post
    I busted my two boxes of Dexter Season 3. A nice looking product from one of my favorite shows. Here are my main pulls:

The Julie Benz autographed card was the last hit and was almost the very last pack.

Also had a number of lesser inserts:
    Quotes: Q8 Q9x2 Q10
    Victims: V2 V3x2 V4
    Puzzle: CP1 CP2 CP3 CP4

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Report This Post
    Gold Card Talk Member
    Picture of SciFiMom
    posted Hide Post
    I opened a Pinups Uncovered sealed box from 21st Century Archives (1996) that I bought on eBay. Smile

I pulled 3 out of 5 chase cards :

Boudoir Beauties Cards
    B1 - Henry Clive
    B2 - Gil Elvgren
    B3 - Bradshaw Crandall

Photos to follow! Big Grin

UPDATE : photos may be found here. Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SciFiMom,

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Report This Post
    Silver Card Talk Member
    Picture of Will
    posted Hide Post
    I opened a box of ST:TNG Complete Series 2, and got the following:

Autographs - Frank Collison(L), Ashley Judd(VL), Albie Selznik(L), Barbara Alyn Woods
    Best of the Holodeck - H4, H6, H8
    USS Enterprise - E12, E17
    Tribute - T25, T28, T33, T34
    Paralells - 8 different
    Base cards - one complete set with 9 duplicates

Overall, a good box. Happy OTB Day to everyone!

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
    Picture of Kennywood
    posted Hide Post
    Will - Congratulations on that Ashley Judd autograph card!

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Report This Post