Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
What Are You Opening?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
I bought a box of Family Guy Season 2.

Never buy a box of cards with Harris standing next to you. The first thing he said was "So, what are you opening on OTB day?"

I said, Oh man, I guess I will be saving this box.

3 more agonizing days to go!! I can't wait.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
UPS just came and dropped off my boxes, so I'm good to go as well for OTB day Big Grin

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Darth Vader Fan:
UPS just came and dropped off my boxes, so I'm good to go as well for OTB day Big Grin

Cool. Just two days to go now.

I have my box ready to go as well.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
Its good that its on a Saturday!!

I think in a year or two OTB will be as well known as Free Comic Book Day, and kids and all will be in shops opening boxes together!

That will be something special, all sat around opening boxes, potentially trading.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, everyone, I was weak!!!

I got my 3 boxes of Batman Begins delivered by UPS last night, and I hadn't opened a box of cards for so, so long!!! Frown

Well, the Card Gods smacked me down for my weakness. I got 0 autos and the memorabilia cards in all 3 boxes were of Batman's Cape. I did get a complete set of the embossed cards with 4 extras, but am missing hologram #1 with 2 extras... Of course, if I HADN'T opened the boxes early, I would have pulled a Gary Oldman auto, Liam Neeson auto, and Katie Holmes auto on Saturday, right? Big Grin

As the Card Gods are my witnesses, I feel bad about this, cross my heart or hope to die here at my keyboardghasdfvzCNvn.z,ccccccccccccccccccdnnn.,czzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzcvvvvvvvvvvvvvdjbbbbbbbbbbbb Big Grin

I will go to my local comic shop tomorrow and get me something to open Saturday. I feel so dirty right now Smile

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Report This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I just picked up a box of Star Trek The Original Series 40th Annivesery cards from Rittenhouse for open that box day.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of batmancity
posted Hide Post
hi
i just got my 2 boxes (1 for me and 1 for my wife) last week, can't wait to open them up this saturday ! Clap

Posts: 597 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 24, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have bought another box of x-men 1 from a dealer near my home.Now I have 2 x1 boxes and 1 crocadile hunter box for otb day.Cant wait to see what I get!

Posts: 116 | Location: Mountaintop | Registered: April 03, 2007Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
Bought two for me and one for my dad today so that will be fun opening them tomorrow.

Have fun everyone who is opening boxes may the Card Fairies bless you well :P

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Okay so, it's April 14th now (in the UK anyway) and I've just finished my second box (I know) but can't post anything in the OTBD thread. Anyone know why?

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QBall:
Okay so, it's April 14th now (in the UK anyway) and I've just finished my second box (I know) but can't post anything in the OTBD thread. Anyone know why?

Hey QBall~

Since it is April 14 where you are, why don't you go ahead and get it started (forum's open now).

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
QBall, Thanks for getting things started. I changed the threads name as we'll try and keep all the submissions in this one thread.

Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Okay, thanks for that. Wasn't sure if I was posting correctly being an OTBD virgin this year Smile

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by QBall:
Okay, thanks for that. Wasn't sure if I was posting correctly being an OTBD virgin this year Smile

No problem. You'll have the honor of being the topic starter which should (hopefully) get you in the monthly report (assuming we get a lot of posts this year). Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
It is now 12:22 AM, April 14th in NY.

I'm already to open my box of Family Guy cards.

Now if I can only find the box of cards. I put it away so I wouldn't be tempted to open it. Oh man, I'll be back.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
Now if I can only find the box of cards.

It's only been three days! How far away could it have gotten? Roll Eyes

Seriously, though. I understand all too well. See you back here soon.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Five (5) more hours for me till OTB! Bouncey

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
sadly because of lack of funds I will not be able to participate Mad

So great luck to all involved Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Report This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Spidergoblin, we are opening 6 boxes today. 2 packets from each box will be opened in your name so at least you get to play today, I will let you know what you get later, Of course you don't actually get the cards

Posts: 8 | Location: Stafford England | Registered: April 14, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 x-men 1 boxes,and 1 crocadile hunter box.The big cards I got were teri irwin auto,hugh jackman auto and storm costume card,and last I got cyclops auto and jean grey costume card.Everything worked perfect!

Posts: 116 | Location: Mountaintop | Registered: April 03, 2007Report This Post