Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
What Are You Opening?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2701051712/m/8761062812

March 15, 2007, 05:36 AM
Neil
What Are You Opening?
Thought i would start the ball rolling.

I for one will be getting a few boxes from sets i have missed out on like Wizard of Oz for instance.

What boxes have you set aside for April 14th, or what boxes do you hope to have by then??
March 15, 2007, 08:46 AM
steve j
Roger Dean (FPG 1993). Hopefully a few others too.
March 15, 2007, 09:19 AM
Chris Byrne
nothing. can't afford it. Frown
i'm saving for other stuff and Buffy 10th anniv. Big Grin
March 15, 2007, 09:33 AM
tsmeltzer
Maybe BSG Season 2 or Veronica Mars Season 2. Or, I may pick up a box or two at Philly.... something I can open with my son. Depends on what I find.

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com
March 15, 2007, 10:03 AM
AJJ
So far I've got a box Thunderbirds the movie for my dad and I'm still working on my box. Big Grin

March 15, 2007, 10:35 AM
H_Toser
Not everyone needs to post what they are opening. Hopefully, we'll have some surprises during the day. That makes it more fun, at least in my opinion.

March 15, 2007, 10:58 AM
AJJ
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Not everyone needs to post what they are opening. Hopefully, we'll have some surprises during the day. That makes it more fun, at least in my opinion.

Ok when I've sorted out my box I'll keep it a secret. Big Grin

March 15, 2007, 11:29 AM
KADRAN00157
Going to a fair on Sunday Smile
Only problem is I will have to keep my self from Opening the Boxes Frown

KADRAN00157
March 15, 2007, 12:40 PM
make-mine-marvel
LOL - I have now bought a box of Inkworks Justice League & Inkworks Family Guy s.1 for this - but I keep opening them early!

I guess I'll need to not have a box sitting in my house "in advance"

@Sketchcards on Twitter
March 15, 2007, 01:12 PM
KADRAN00157
Lol Knows the feeling!!!!!

KADRAN00157
March 15, 2007, 04:03 PM
dmatsuda
Hmm...gotta think of something to open. I enjoyed this last year so hopefully I can do it again.
March 16, 2007, 12:57 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:
Maybe BSG Season 2 or Veronica Mars Season 2. Or, I may pick up a box or two at Philly.... something I can open with my son. Depends on what I find.

I know of at least one dealer who will have an OTB Show Special that includes a box just for kids. Now it's up to you to hunt him down and find him. Harris is going to have a list of all the dealers with specials at the show.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

March 16, 2007, 04:06 AM
spidergoblin
quote:
Originally posted by make-mine-marvel:
LOL - I have now bought a box of Inkworks Justice League & Inkworks Family Guy s.1 for this - but I keep opening them early!

I guess I'll need to not have a box sitting in my house "in advance"

Send them to me so the temptation will be gone.

:mental note:
buy a pack/box sealer Roll Eyes

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
March 16, 2007, 05:14 AM
tangent
I was going to try and save a box of Stargate S9 from the 3 boxes i have on order. However, the release date has been put back so I will probably try and find something I wouldn't normally collect on eBay.
March 16, 2007, 12:34 PM
tsmeltzer
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by tsmeltzer:

I know of at least one dealer who will have an OTB Show Special that includes a box just for kids. Now it's up to you to hunt him down and find him. Harris is going to have a list of all the dealers with specials at the show.

Ed

I will find you, Ed Smile

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com
March 16, 2007, 11:26 PM
Dragoncrypt
I think I'm gonna get my girlfriend to choose something for me, or even better, we both get a box and open them together.
March 16, 2007, 11:54 PM
dmatsuda
I've settled on Veronica Mars Season 1. Smile

I've never opened any Season 1 product (even though I managed to obtain some of the key singles from this series) and I think this will nicely complement the soon-to-be released Veronica Mars Season 2 which I've already pre-ordered and should be getting next week(?).

Note: One of the Card Talk Advertisers has generously gotten into the spirit of OTB and is offering FREE SHIPPING if you mention OTB (not sure if this applies internationally). Clap I made sure to make use of this offer (which is where I am getting my box from). My apologies in advance if I am not supposed to post that information here.
March 17, 2007, 07:46 AM
KADRAN00157
Getting some Boxes Tomorrow Smile
Boy it will be hard to keep them till the 14th April, Frown
Gotta bust Boxes.... Gotta bust boxes....
I know Wink Do it the KADRAN way Smile Smile

KADRAN00157
March 17, 2007, 03:06 PM
AJJ
Sorted my box out.Hope I can keep from opening it before the big day. Big Grin

March 18, 2007, 03:49 PM
Will
I just purchased two boxes of Spike The Complete Story and will be opening those on OTB day. Hope to pull an autographed Pieceworks cards out of one of them, but have to wait and see....

Man, April 14 is a long time to wait with 2 unopened boxes sitting in the house. Roll Eyes