Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Open That Box! Day 2007 Discussion    Open That Box Day Promo Card?
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
Open That Box Day Promo Card?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted
Harris, Really looking forward to tomorrow.
I was wondering what your thoughts are about the possibility of having a Open That Box Day Promo Card for 2008?

I thought of this when i came across a Free Comic Book Day promo recently.

Is it something we could all look forward to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
It's a good idea Boldlygone but where do you envision this card would be handed out?

The thing with Free Comic Book Day is that the idea of the promotion is that you go into comic book shops and they give you promotional material so that you may consider purchasing those items in the future. Our promotion does not have collectors going anywhere like this. I could see maybe supplying retailers with a card to give away to promote the day but I don't know if they would be as excited about these as comics from Marvel, DC, etc. and Naruto cards from Inkworks. Something to think about....

As I said, good idea Boldly.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
- Hand them out at shows thru NSU , dealers , manufacturers
- Put them in the magazine [ in a way they would promote NSU ]
- Give them to retailers , they don't have to be excited , they're getting them for free and they do promote buying boxes .
- Offer a SASE , plenty of promo collectors out there .
- Put CardTalk on them with the website .
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And another thing .
Get all those sketch card artists to submit a design [ for free of course since their name would be on the card ] and let the cardtalkers vote on their favorite design .
sumo

Posts: 1132 | Location: Cleveland Hts. , Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of dmatsuda
posted Hide Post
Great idea! Thumb Up

Posts: 1446 | Location: Honolulu, HI | Registered: May 23, 2005Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great idea. The best way to get them to the masses would be include them in the NSU issue before the OTB day.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
I would like to thank Harris and NSU and Breygent Marketing for the promo card. It was unexpected but it will most welcome at my house!

Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

I enjoyed reading about what everyone got out of their box or boxes! Thumb Up

Smokin'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Silverback,

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Report This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Silverback:
I would like to thank Harris and NSU and Byreygent
Smokin'

Please spell the sponsors name correctly. Big Grin Razz

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
Thanks wolfie, but I already figured that out. It has been corrected! Cool

And for the lukers that sent me all the nasty e-mails about spelling Harris's last name wrong, don't waste your time because you are all blocked! Razz

Smokin'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Silverback,

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Report This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
Thanks NSU...it's an interesting concept...Open That Box Day...

...just opening packs for most of us collecting junkies is a thrill no matter what day it is...you've got some spare $$$, you see the box of your dreams...and now, you're an adult and you can just buy that box for absolutely no reason...it's not your birthday, it's not a graduation present, it's not Christmas, Hannakuh, Kwanza, (insert gift giving/receiving holiday of your choice! Wink)...it's Open That Box Day...

What's most fun is actually WAITING for OTBD to finally get here...I know this was my second year participating...and both years I prematurely opened the original boxes I had intended to actually open for OTBD...both years I had to go out and buy additional boxes to participate...and it's kind of like waiting for Santa Claus to finally make it to YOUR house...each year I waited 'til the stroke of midnight...and then tore into those possble hidden treasues with anticipation, glee and reckless abandon...

It's always great to complete a collection from buys at Card Shows, Ebay or simple trades...but pulling a rare insert...or 'just the card you were looking for'...or something completely unexpected...that's the 'nirvana' of opening packs...the good, the bad, and the ugly...it's the rush of the excitement of the POSSIBILITIES...and usually, you're relatively disappointed that YOU didn't pull THE card of your dreams...but you sure having fun joining in on the pack opening action...

So...Thanks for creating the opportunity (like us card collecting maniacs need another excuse)...it was another exciting and interesting OTBD...and...I enjoyed reading about everyone's pulls...

...and remember...you gotta be in it, to win it! Thumb Up

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris, Got my card today. Have to start searching for a box for next year!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Report This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Got my card today, amidst all the bills. Thanks NSU & Breygent! Dance Elephant

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I rec'd the promo card today!!! Thanks Breygent and Harris! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Also received my promo card today in the mail.

Thank you to Harris and NSU crew, as well Breygent Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Got mine in the mail yesterday- it is a nice card and thanks to everyone at NSU and Breygent for it. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of tsmeltzer
posted Hide Post
Got mine at some point while I was in Seattle...

Thanks to the kind folks at NSU and Breygent for the kind gesture and thanks to NSU for sponsoring this fun event. Metal

alternate email:
tim dot smeltzer at excite.com

Posts: 2625 | Location: Rockville MD | Registered: September 15, 2005Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Arrived over the pond, in the UK. Thanks to NSU and Breygent for making a great day even better.

Thumb Up

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Report This Post
Picture of QBall
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived this morning - many thanks to all involved.

Posts: 365 | Location: Up North, England | Registered: October 24, 2002Report This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Got my card today too. Many thanks to all at NSU and Breygent!

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
Thanks Breygent and NSU. Got my card today. Love it, I have always like the movie Citizen Kane.

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Report This Post