Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Open That Box! Day 2009 Discussion    What is "Open That Box" day?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
What is "Open That Box" day?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
4 Days to go and a BIG BIG BIG THANKS to a friend of mine for enableing Meo & Millhouse to Participate Smile
Should not be participating but someone came through Smile Smile Smile
I know you are out there.... I know you will read this my friend..... THANKYOU Smile Smile Smile
Give it up for the one, the only, the incredible........... CROWD GOES WILD
Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap ClapClap Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Elephant Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap Clap

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Fire8rays
posted Hide Post
I got my daughters box in the mail today,she is very happy.I am sad I was snowed in last weekend and did not get to the comic con in KC to pick up any new product.I will have to open something from my stash instead.

Posts: 156 | Location: Kansas | Registered: May 06, 2004Report This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Well, I am down to the box of Marvel Masterpieces 2 for OTB day. Here hopeing for a great sketch and getting ready for my 27th piece of Dr. Doom Cloak(long story I will tell another time).

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Sounds like this is shaping up to be a fun weekend! I hope everyone has a great box break! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
My box arrived on Monday so I'm good to go Thumb Up

I hope all have a great OTBD on Saturday Wave

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
I've got my fathers 90th birthday party that day with a ton of things I have to do.
Will the listings be open first thing midnight
so I can post early?
I've got a couple of boxes I'm looking forward to popping.

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
so I can post early?

Yes, we gotta have it open for those folks in other places where it's April 4th before it is here. But don't get any ideas that you can post before it's April 4th in New England...I've got my eye on you MikeFitz!!! Razz Big Grin Wink

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
I've got something a little special arranged for Saturday. I think it might be a first for "Open That Box Day!

Stay tuned.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeFitz:
I've got my fathers 90th birthday party that day with a ton of things I have to do.
so I can post early?
I've got a couple of boxes I'm looking forward to popping.

Wow! Congrats to your old man for reaching such a gigantus occassion! Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
2 days to go Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Here's hoping that the deal's been slinked....
He'll come through.... I hope, watch this space Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Picked up my box of James Bond in Motion to open up on Saturday. I can't wait! Well, I can until Saturday, but I'm still excited!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Report This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One day to go Smile
Get exited people Smile

KADRAN00157

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I am somewhat spoiled for choce this year.

I got an e-mail from Barry of Stricly Ink offering me a "Deal of the Year - 25 Full Boxes of Vintage Trading Cards for £29.99.
Here's what arrived today - I actually got 26 full boxes.

• Anastasia - Upper Deck 1998
  • Austin powes Photocards - Panini 1999
  • Backstreet Boys - magic Box Int 1997
  • Blue Chips - Skybox 1994
  • Bozo: The World's Most Famous Clown - Lime Rock 1994
  • Cinderella - Skybox 1995
  • Dark Dominion Zero Issue Trading cards - The River Group - 1993
  • Decision `92 Cards - AAA Sports Inc 1992
  • Desert Storm - Topps 1991
  • Disney's Aladdin - Skybox 1993 - Jumbo packs with 24 cards per pack! Jeff allenders site says just 8 cards per pack
  • Disney's Aladdin collectable Story cards - Panini 1993 Super packs
  • Disney's Tarzan Album Stickers - Panini No date but back when a pack cost just 26p and before the Euro
  • Gargoyles - Skybox 1995
  • Godzilla Supervue - Inkworks 1998
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban -Cards Inc 2004
  • Hook Movie cards - Topps 1991
  • Jim Lee's WildC.A.T.S - Topps 1993
  • Juventus F.C. - Upper Deck 1995 with album
  • Prince valiant - Comic Images 1995
  • RoboCop 2 - Topps 1990
  • Shrek - Dart 2001
  • Spawn The oy Files - Inkworks 1998
  • The Mask Animated Stickers - merlin 1996
  • Troll Force - Star Pics Inc 1992
  • Van helsing Monster Slayer Sticker Collection - Magic Box Int - No date but probably 2004
  • Wild Animals Album Stickers - Tougaroo - No Date

Also in the BIG box were 1 pack of Toxic Crusaders Stickers by panini and two packs of Growing Pains cards by Topps form 1988.

I am still hoping that my two boxes of james Bond Archives arrive tomorrow Morning

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's an incredible deal! I see some boxes listed that I'd love to have. It's a shame the offer's not available in the U.S.

Enjoy those cards!

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I ordered from that 25 box order but I was on holiday today and I think it was delivered at work today.
I'll have to leave one box of (the 2 left of) my James Bond Archives case that arrived at home for tomorrow. It'll be a bit of an anti-climax as I've just opened the archive box from it Smile

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
... I've just opened the archive box from it Smile

Congratulations, Raj! That's terrific!! Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
My boxes are patiently waiting...

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It's so cool to see these unopened boxes and wondering what they hold. Best of luck, Miss Lizzy!! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
It's so cool to see these unopened boxes and wondering what they hold. Best of luck, Miss Lizzy!! Thumb Up

I know! I'm all giddy!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Congrats to Val ("CordeliaChase_Fan") on opening up our Open That Box! 2009 thread. That's two years in a row for Val. Thumb Up

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post