Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Open That Box! Day 2009 Discussion    What is "Open That Box" day?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
What is "Open That Box" day?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:

These boxes are calling to me...but I must resist until OTB Day! It's difficult! Eek Twak Drool

them!

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
I had a box of Spirit movie cards I was going to hang onto, but figured I should probably open it sooner rather than later in case of a redemption (which there was).

I'll probably go with Indiana Jones Masterpieces.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Less than two weeks to go Smile
And I still got nothing Frown
But I have been assured that I am getting something..... What I don't know

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Looking forward to OTB Day 2009. Got a couple of boxes of the new Breygent release coming soon, so I will have to hold off on one of these until April 4. NOT gonna be an easy thing to do!

Apparently, holding off on those boxes may be easier than I thought, since they may not arrive in time. Now I have to go find something else to rip into! Frown

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of UofLHoops
posted Hide Post
I unfortunately will be out of town on a business trip from April 1-5....so my question is this: Is it better to open early or late?

This is a very difficult decision....there's a sealed box of hobby Galaxy IV mocking me as I sit here. Razz

Posts: 401 | Location: Louisville, KY | Registered: October 06, 2006Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was supposed to be getting some boxes..... Due to technical hitches.... that may not happen Frown
But I have a friend who is trying to bail meo out Smile
So far it's nothing and we got a week and a half to go Frown

KADRAN00157

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking of trying something a bit different this year, maybe taking my lonely boxes on some short road trips to some of my local haunts, taking photos, and then seeing what they contain on the big day. I'm not quite sure about the details, but it might work out to be a bit of fun! An "OTB" day road trip! I my even hook up with the ever mysterious "Headless Horseman" for a photo op!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I'm thinking of trying something a bit different this year, maybe taking my lonely boxes on some short road trips to some of my local haunts, taking photos, and then seeing what they contain on the big day. I'm not quite sure about the details, but it might work out to be a bit of fun! An "OTB" day road trip! I my even hook up with the ever mysterious "Headless Horseman" for a photo op!

It will be hard to take my picture, after all, I have no head!!!!

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
9 days to go Smile

KADRAN00157

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Today I received my box of 35 Years of Red Sonja from Sci Fi Cards.

Now, all I have to do is let the box sit on the shelf for a week and not touch it.

That's going to be a challenge.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
One week to go Smile
I can hold out, I can hold out, I can hold out.... Oh yeah cause I have nothing to open yet lol

KADRAN00157

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I am so Jonesing to open a box!!!!! Roll Eyes

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
I've got my box picked out. It should be in early next week.

This will be the first box I opened in 2009 Eek

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
Whew!!! Just won a box of LOTR Masterpieces 2 on Ebay for $44 FREE SHIPPING... Bouncey

...hopefully it will arrive before Saturday...and will be scouring my local shops for more this week... Eek Eek Eek

...can't wait!

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Report This Post
Picture of nevets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
Whew!!! Just won a box of LOTR Masterpieces 2 on Ebay for $44 FREE SHIPPING... Bouncey

Thats a great deal Len Thumb Up ....I just hope it is better than my last box of the same Mad

I will be vending at the ECCC on O.T.B.D. so it wont be too hard for me to find something worth ripping into. Wink

Posts: 168 | Location: Portland | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Since I don't know if my boxes of the new Breygent series will be available--or even released--by OTB Day, I bought a cheap box of cards off eBay today. Should arrive by next weekend so I can particpate. Probably wouldn't have been my first choice, but I still need a couple of the inserts or can use the duplicates for trade. Roll Eyes

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nevets:
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:

Thats a great deal Len Thumb Up ....I just hope it is better than my last box of the same Mad

I will be vending at the ECCC on O.T.B.D. so it wont be too hard for me to find something worth ripping into. Wink

Thanks Steven...

usually I pull 2 artists that I have 20+ cards of each already (and I'm sure you know who and what I'm talking about... Roll Eyes)...

...but, I've been really lucky on OTB Day since it first started and I'm hoping that streak will continue with this M2 box!!!

Good luck yourself!!! Thumb Up

5 days and 4 hours to go!

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I would say Monday or for sure Tuesday is the last call for getting a OTB Day box from a Friendly Dealer™ and still get it in time to open on Saturday!

I hope everyone can participate, even if it's an inexpensive box. The fun is in the feeling of community when everybody is opening together!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of justm
posted Hide Post
I'm going to be away again for OTBD, but it didn't stop me last year and it won't this time either.
I should have my laptop with me so I'm hoping to provide box-by-box update as I go. I'll have to see - I like a challenge!

Posts: 1723 | Location: Brentwood-Essex-UK | Registered: April 12, 2007Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
I ordered a box of TNA: Cross The Line Wrestling to open for OTB Day.

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Report This Post