Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Open That Box! Day 2009 Discussion    What is "Open That Box" day?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
What is "Open That Box" day?
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
For those of you on Facebook, I set up an Open That Box! day event today, so you can "RSVP" if you'll be participating there or here. Several people have done so already and a couple have left comments as well. The link below should take you there (though you might have to be signed in first):

OTB! Day event on Facebook

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I RSVP'd and fanned you Big Grin

I also picked up an unopened Target box of Star Wars Galaxy 4 for OTBD 2009. Hope I can wait to bust it. Wink

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
My box arrived today Clap, must go hide it. Big Grin

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Report This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I just ordered the "special" deal from a carddealer. I should have one of these boxes left to open on Open-That-Box day: Americana II(Hobby), Marvel Masterpieces 2, or X-files: I want to believe.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted Hide Post
I picked up a box of James Bond in Motion for OTB Day.

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Report This Post
Picture of dmc913
posted Hide Post
got a box of Heroes S1.
let's hope I can wait that long to open it; I'm really bad about that type of stuff Razz

Posts: 251 | Location: WV | Registered: September 25, 2006Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OH HELL NO..... I went to a fair on Sunday and got some boxes and opened them Frown
Now I got nothing for April the 4th Frown Frown Frown Frown
Wait a minute..... I have an idea....
No, I don't.... he bailed meo out last year, he won't do it again!!!!!
I know your out there and will read this my friend.....
A. G. MOURAN.... Any chance????

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
My box of Hammer Horror arrived yesterday, and I've tucked it away until that fateful day next month, tick tock tick tock.....

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
Just in case the box I got for OTBD turns out to be a dud I got a box of Star Trek in Motion as a back-up... and now it's just teasing meeeeeeeeeee to open! Drool

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like I'm opening a box of chocolates Wink
Made a call last night to see if someone could help me...... NO LUCK Frown
They will get back to me... so far it's nothing Frown

KADRAN00157

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping to pick up a box at the Ohio Expo card show this weekend. Wink

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Report This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hope to pick up a box this weekend. For some reason my local guy has not been able to get his hands on any good deals in non-sport lately, so who knows what I'll wind up with. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10379 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Report This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If deals slink this way and that way, then I got a few boxes for open that day..... Just got to wait and see Smile
There could be some.....
No, don't want to get my hopes up too high, it may backfire Frown

KADRAN00157

Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
...okay, I bought 2 boxes of Galaxy 4 and "intended" to open one and save one for my 3rd Open That Box Day... Shake Head...but...just couldn't hold out...

...got to go back and see what's available...I did see an old LOTR Masterpieces 2 box but it was a bit $$$$...I just don't have any willpower when it comes to a factory sealed Hobby Box staring at me all evening.... Twak

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
...okay, I bought 2 boxes of Galaxy 4 and "intended" to open one and save one for my 3rd Open That Box Day... Shake Head...but...just couldn't hold out...

...got to go back and see what's available...I did see an old LOTR Masterpieces 2 box but it was a bit $$$$...I just don't have any willpower when it comes to a factory sealed Hobby Box staring at me all evening.... Twak

Hope you find something, ocdlotr. I always enjoy your OTB posts.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Well, Sheri & I are all set for OTBD.

I still have a Star Wars Galaxy 4 Retail box, and 3 boxes of Battlestar Galactica: Season 3.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Sheri just picked up a case of Supernatural: Season 3, she'll hold back 3 or 4 boxes I think for OTBD. She also has a ox of Stargate SG-1: Season 8 set aside.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:

That's why last year I bought a box at the last moment the mall was open the night before, then stayed up till 12:01 a.m. on OtBD to open it. I have no willpower at all. Big Grin

Posts: 608 | Location: MA | Registered: April 20, 2007Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I'm set, I picked up my box at the show.....thanks Ed !! Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
I had just received a Red Sonja box and was going to try to keep it till OTB day so I'd have two boxes to open. But since it took so long for Red Sonja 35th to come out I couldn't wait any longer so I just had to open it. Breakdown has been added to breakdown thread.
It's good thing I hid FF archives!

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post

These boxes are calling to me...but I must resist until OTB Day! It's difficult! Eek Twak Drool

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Report This Post