Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Open That Box! Day 2011 Discussion    What is "Open That Box" day?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Find
Notify
Tools
What is "Open That Box" day?
 Login/Join

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
definetly - Gremlins !

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
PICTURES WANTED!

We are looking for pictures from your Open That Box! day experience. We may have room in the upcoming issue to run some pictures so if you could remember to snap some pictures on Open That Box! day and send them to me, that would be appreciated.

My e-mail address is in my profile. I need high resolution images -- so please send me the originals and not images that have been re-saved or revised. Just a few from each person is fine -- please don't send me 20 pictures as my inbox can't take it!! LOL

What should you snap?? Take a picture of yourself with your box (either before or after you open it). Or maybe yourself with your family or friends as you open the box. Pets are great too!! Of if you get a snazzy sketch card, send us a scan or picture of yourself holding the card.

We'll try our best to use some of these. No promises though but we hope to run some of them.

Thanks very much.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Great idea. Hope you can use some!

Looks like my box of Wacky Packages Old School 2 has shipped from Topps. I'll have 2 Boxes to open now!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
i am hopeing my 5 boxes of BSG come in time for Open That Box day

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm considering opening my boxes on uStream if anyone would be interested in seeing a live break. If so it would probably be around 1 PM Eastern

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Bartowski:
I'm considering opening my boxes on uStream if anyone would be interested in seeing a live break. If so it would probably be around 1 PM Eastern

That's cool. Be sure to post if you do.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Id love to see, Chuck! Smile

Posts: 116 | Location: USA | Registered: January 02, 2011Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
I might have to get my box at the April 9th Elyria (Cleveland) show. I'll be on the look out for a good deal. Thumb Up

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've got a box coming in that I'm planning on opening with my 7 month old daughter. It'll be her first! Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Report This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I'll be busting a box of Star Wars Galaxy 5 that I won on eBay the other night.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
I'll be busting a box of Star Wars Galaxy 5 that I won on eBay the other night.

Cool. It's only one week away now. I'm betting we'll see a lot of Marvel Dangerous Divas and Star Wars Galaxy 6.

That's cool that you are including your daughter, Ted. Don't let her chew on your cards though. Well, maybe some of the dupes would be OK, I guess Big Grin

Please don't forget to send me pictures, if you have them. Be sure to includes names of the pictures, pets, places, things, etc. in the photos.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
I've had a box of Dangerous Divas taunting me for a few days now Eek

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Report This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Do you mean boxes like these, Harris? Big Grin

Only a week to go, I am really looking forward to finding out what's in these boxes!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Report This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Do you mean boxes like these, Harris? Big Grin

Only a week to go, I am really looking forward to finding out what's in these boxes!

YES, that would be them!! Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well...doesn't look like I'll be doing an Alias Season 2...the seller sent me Alias Season 3 instead so they're going to have to be sent back, and I'll have to wait on the Season 2 boxes which likely won't make it in time.

I would love to bust a Galaxy 6 box, but I just can't support Topps products with what they pay their artists.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A week to Open That Box day and if all goes to plan i should have a case of Dangerous Divas to open for Open That Box day Elephant Elephant Elephant

millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Report This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone, Just a quick note to those planning on making the trip to the CECE Elyria show on April 9th- we will setting up a special area dedicated to Open That Box Day for everyone, inside the dealers room. The Show will be held at the Ramada Inn, formerly the Inn of Elyria. Please see my post in the convention section for the details or you can email me at cecexpo@gmail.com. We will be taking photos to post. So bring your goodies or possibly you will find a gem there to open, and enjoy a family friendly day in Elyria.
Thanks and take care,
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Report This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
such a great idea
I'm keeping a Hobby box of Scooby Doo to open at this table
- I have so many sets of these cards
I will gladly leave the 2 sets and doubles I get from this box for whom ever needs them at the table
-- all I am looking for is a sketch or autograph from it

looking forward to meeting some forum people at these Ohio shows Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Report This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to my first Open That Box! day.
I have my Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy box
from Ebay waiting. Big Grin
Afterwards I will probably be diving into the
box of 800+ cards I have just bought.
300+ chase cards for $200. Bouncey
Am I nuts Twak or will I have the most fun I can with my clothes on! Metal

Posts: 1 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: April 03, 2011Report This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Not been able to find a box to open - but will be watching the results with interest

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Report This Post