Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Open That Box! Day 2011 Submissions

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2077018995/m/4257028106

April 10, 2011, 04:51 PM
steve j
Open That Box! Day 2011 Submissions
Phew... just made it. I have been away for the weekend, but managed to spend time opening a box of Dangerous Diva by Rittenhouse on Saturday.

It was opened jointly with my wife who seems to enjoy opening boxes as much as me!! She was named after a 40s/50s actress Gayle Storm, you could say she is my very own Dangerous Diva.

My main pull was a Jomar Bulda sketch of X23 - very nice too.

First thought was that it was a very nice set that complemented the Women of Marvel set released in 2008. I always look forward to "Open that Box" day - well any excuse to open a box really!!
April 10, 2011, 08:31 PM
hcbrewer
quote:
Originally posted by nick9819:
I might make a trip to the super over price lcs in the morning and see if they have anything maybe a box of divas but doubt they will have one

what was in the Dark Zodiac ?
or was it not "safe" to show

April 10, 2011, 08:36 PM
hcbrewer
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Batman - if you want a box let me know & I can see if I can get one to bring to Allentown

Hammer - if your offering to bring boxes from the UK
- I can make a list of Dr. Who I am interested in Smile

April 10, 2011, 08:53 PM
hcbrewer
I have to apologies for my late submission
but I live in Toronto and drove down to visit the 2 Ohio shows this weekend and because of my old laptop and bad hotel wifi was unable to post what I open at the table set up by Paul at the show
I was joined by Bryan and we each opened a box of Scooby Doo Mysteries and Monsters
- the reason he joined me is this was my 7th box of this product - all hobby boxes and the first time I got a sketch (or anything for that matter) - 7 boxes only 1 sketch (no auto's either)
here it is a Chynna Clugston-Major

Bryan got nothing in his box - so hopefully I passed on my bad luck Smile

I also opened a box of Veronica Mars Season 2 - which I purchased from him

Lucas Grabeel as Keely Kuzzio

Dress worn by Alyson Hannigan as Trina Echolls

Both shows were great got sketches from all the artists and lots of other great things I will post separately
- thanks to Paul for putting on these shows

April 11, 2011, 12:36 AM
NL
Opened a box of Harry Potter HBP Update and got a Rupert Grint costume and a Frank Dillane autograph.

Nice to read that there were great pulls.
April 11, 2011, 04:43 AM
wolfie
Congratulations to everyone who was able to take part, the stories and the photos are all superb, thanks very much for showing us all what you got. Clap

April 11, 2011, 02:03 PM
TC00
Man, I really need to make sure I save a box (saving- thats the problem Wink) for next year!

Think the Angelina Jolie pull was epic! Especially ask Inkworks folded Shake Head (Good job it wasnt a redemption!)

The Alyson Hannigan - Veronica Mars pw was cool too.

-TC00.
April 11, 2011, 02:29 PM
william291077
Howdy,

The Angelina Jolie autograph pull was fantastic!

I wouldn't have minded the Alyson Hannigan PW or the Katie Sackhoff auto.

My personal favorite however was the Scooby Doo Mysteries & Monsters sketch by Chynna Clugston-Major.

TTFN

April 11, 2011, 04:22 PM
JOHN LEVITT
I fully intended to participate this year having purchased five boxes for the big day but as sometimes happens other things got in the way. Although I managed to open four boxes very few of the packs were opened on the day and even then I managed to damage the Linsner autograph that was in the box of Dawn 20th Anniversary so I gave up. The other boxes were Eclipse's Beverly Hillbillies, Topps Snotty Signs Test set, Skybox Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Cardz The Flintstones (NFL).

April 13, 2011, 07:54 PM
SBelcher
Really wish I could have joined this year but I'm already spending more than I should on an upcoming release, so I'm thrilled to live this one vicariously!
Sure the sketches are nice and the Jolie was a wonderful... but in my opinion the OTB Winner has got to be Ryan Cracknell's son for trying to eat 21 year old gum! Eek
The whole video is entertaining, but the epic face made at 4:02 was hilarious. If you didn't watch it, you're missing out. Thanks for sharing Ryan Thumb Up
April 20, 2011, 09:07 PM
cheifbrody
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
quote:
Originally posted by chen12:
And the autograph cards

Ding...ding...ding! We have a winner!

kennywood,thats very close but not right,you had Leslie Phillips,and he's famous for saying ding dong. lol Big Grin

! Metal

April 20, 2011, 09:44 PM
Kennywood
Actually, you would sometimes hear that particular phrase at small carnivals. Also, it's heard in the "Cyclone" pinball game.

April 28, 2011, 11:17 AM
Nicnac
deleted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Nicnac,
May 25, 2011, 06:50 PM
Freddy
When is the next Open That Box Day ?
Freddy would like to know.
Wavey

May 25, 2011, 08:16 PM
H_Toser
We usually have Open That Box! day in April of each year.

May 25, 2011, 09:16 PM
Freddy
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
We usually have Open That Box! day in April of each year.

Ahhh shucks, I thought it might be twice a year.

I'll see if I can hold out until then, but it's an entire 11 months away.
Noooooooooo. LOL

February 27, 2012, 03:34 PM
john the hat
not long to go now