Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Green Lantern": FYE
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
Last night, I stopped in to my local FYE to pick up a few clearanced Pirates packs (from Wizkids, 2 packs for $3; also, go HERE for a GREAT find I made regarding a Star Wars 3D pack of playing cards!!) and discovered that FYE has launched a huge Green Lantern campaign. The front of the store had a poster advertising the movie, which featured Ryan Reynolds of course, with an announcement that purchasing 2 “Comic Book DVD’s” will get you one free ticket to the movie,. In the store, there were several Green Lantern products available – DVD’s of cartoons, various accessories featuring the movie logo (such as key chains, wallets, etc.), and more signage everywhere. Near the cash register was a standee of Ryan Reynolds in his GL costume.

But…don’t get TOO excited, there were NO Reese’s PB cups to find, and believe me I checked!!! Nor were there anything remotely card-related to collect, so if you are limited to collecting cards only, pass this one over. But….if you are more open to other things, this might be for you. Here is the link for the thread on the peanut butter cups, another promo I am giving up on….

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....1010201/m/1517021306

Happy hunting!!!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I stopped by the Warwick FYE store {I didn't know they moved to the mall, so I freaked out when I pulled into their old parking lot and noticed the store was empty. Noooooooooo!} and they DIDN'T have any trading cards I was interested in. All they had was a box of Justin Beiber {sp?} on the check out counter. The young lady told me that only their big store up in Providence MIGHT have them. Lets just say that I hate going to that mall. Thirty minutes away, downtown Providence, parking garage, pay parking, and all the hassle.......nah, I'll pass. Maybe the next time the wife drags me there...I'll check it out.
Thanks for the heads-up though.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
.....and they DIDN'T have any trading cards I was interested in. All they had was a box of Justin Beiber {sp?} on the check out counter. The young lady told me that only their big store up in Providence MIGHT have them.

Are you SUURRREE that she just wasn't merely clueless? I am familiar with that stupid Bieb display (sorry, Bieb fans, no offense, but his 15 minutes are almost up) and it is in every store in SLC in the front near the check-outs while the trading card stand is clear on the other side of the store in every location. Next time you go, scour the place. In all 4 stores here, the clearanced cards occupy a shelf on either one of the sides of the floor, or in the back (never on a wall).

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
quote:
.....and they DIDN'T have any trading cards I was interested in. All they had was a box of Justin Beiber {sp?} on the check out counter. The young lady told me that only their big store up in Providence MIGHT have them.

Are you SUURRREE that she just wasn't merely clueless? I am familiar with that stupid Bieb display (sorry, Bieb fans, no offense, but his 15 minutes are almost up) and it is in every store in SLC in the front near the check-outs while the trading card stand is clear on the other side of the store in every location. Next time you go, scour the place. In all 4 stores here, the clearanced cards occupy a shelf on either one of the sides of the floor, or in the back (never on a wall).

Nope, I checked the entire store twice. My son was with me, too. Then I asked the team associate and that was the answer she gave me.

Maybe I'll call the store{s} today and ask, before going back.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope, I checked the entire store twice. My son was with me, too. Then I asked the team associate and that was the answer she gave me.
Fred

Bummer, dude. Keep looking, you'll get lucky eventually.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
quote:
Fred

Bummer, dude. Keep looking, you'll get lucky eventually.

We went to the main FYI in Massachusetts today and they didn't have any 3 packs for a buck. I did see some three packs but they were all $4.99 and such. Plus there selection was really weak.

Thanks for the heads up on these but my quest at FYE has come to an end.

Fred