Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Carl's Jr/Hardee's: “X-Men Days of Future Past” [lots of stuff, sort of]
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carl's Jr/Hardee's: “X-Men Days of Future Past” [lots of stuff, sort of]
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
This promotion has not started yet, technically, although some of you may have noticed some ads appearing on TV featuring Mystique. Anyway, supposedly, this promotion will begin on April 9th. If you read the article on Business Wire (see link below), it will give you all the details you need to know, such as references to collectible cups, contests, and other stuff. There are no details as to what the kids' toys are, but if you click on one of the links below for the kids' sites, then click on “Coming Soon”, it will take you to the logo for the film, which implies that the next toy promotion will indeed be for X-Men.

The article on Business Wire implies that this promotion will be a BIG one, so go to your local Carl's Jr or Hardees to see what it's all about!!!

New Release from Business Wire: http://www.businesswire.com/ne...rdinary-Hunger-X-Men

Carl's Jr. main site: http://www.carlsjr.com/

Carl's Jr. main site for kids: http://www.carlscoolkids.com/

Hardee's main site: http://www.hardees.com/

Hardee's main site for kids: http://www.hardeescoolkids.com/

good luck and happy hunting!!
Geoff

This message has been edited. Last edited by: geoffbovey,

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I like Hardee's food. Here we go again.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will be looking for these if they have cards. Hope someone will hook me up--LOTS TO TRADE.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
But my local Hardee's stopped putting toys in the kid's meal about a year ago. I was told that it was the manager's option. Instead of the toy, the meal includes a cookie.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Even though there's no Hardee's or Carl Jr's out here in the north east, I do have friends out west, so please let us know what's in these kids meals, especially if it's cards.

Thanks

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
But my local Hardee's stopped putting toys in the kid's meal about a year ago. I was told that it was the manager's option. Instead of the toy, the meal includes a cookie.

I have one Hardees about 15 miles from me. Same thing. No toys Frown

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Well, gang, it looks like the promotion has begun!!

However....there appears to be an inconsistency between the two franchise!! Confused

Click on the link for Carl's Jr..... There you will find the toys, and they include cards!(Thumb Up) However, the links to the wallpaper and postcard are both NOT working.

Click on the link for Hardees.... NO TOYS!! (What the heck? Mad) BUT....the links for the wallpaper and postcard ARE working!

Not sure what that's all about, but at least the promotion has started now. Clap

happy hunting,
Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
We have nada in MS at my hardees. No big surprise there.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Well, the good news is that I finally turned some of these cards here in Dallas, but the bad news is they are all the same 3 cards. Unlike past Carl's Jr promotions, these packs are NOT marked "A", "B", and/or "C" - so it's completely random as to what you'll actually get. I bought 15 packs (from a sealed bag) and all 15 packs contained Iceman, Magneto, and Mystique (with these 3 particular cards making up the middle tier of the 9 card set). Has anybody else turned any of these? Needless to say, I have plenty of extras to trade for the other 6 cards I'm missing. Happy hunting!

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
Well, the good news is that I finally turned some of these cards here in Dallas, but the bad news is they are all the same 3 cards. Unlike past Carl's Jr promotions, these packs are NOT marked "A", "B", and/or "C" - so it's completely random as to what you'll actually get. I bought 15 packs (from a sealed bag) and all 15 packs contained Iceman, Magneto, and Mystique (with these 3 particular cards making up the middle tier of the 9 card set). Has anybody else turned any of these? Needless to say, I have plenty of extras to trade for the other 6 cards I'm missing. Happy hunting!

The cello wraps might be stamped....might.
I had one wrapper's crimped/sealed end that had a #2 stamped on it.
But I had a friend, in CO, find these for me, because RI doesn't have a Carl Jr's, so I really don't have any more info for you, my friend.

Fred

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Freddy,

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I got a pack from the Kids Meal bags they had in front and it held:
BEAST
BISHOP
COLOSSUS

The lady then mentioned they had another box in back, and it had
ICEMAN
MAGNETO (Fassbender)
MYSTIQUE

She said the new shipments come in Wednesday night and Saturday at that restaurant, so I'll try and go back by there this weekend to finish the set.

The last 3 cards are finish the cards, which it turned out, were issued alphabetically.
ROGUE
PROFESSOR X (Patrick Stewart)
STORM

Kind of odd that Rogue (Anna Paquin) is in the set as she was cut out of the film entirely. Even so, these promotions are made pretty well in advance of the actual film's release, so that can happen and I'm sure her scenes will be back in on the DVD. I'm also surprised there is no card of Wolverine, although he does appear on the puzzle the card backs make, as does the McKellen version of Magneto. There is a little fold out flyer in each pack that shows the complete puzzle.

Kudos to Carls Jr. and Hardees for offering these. Along with their 9 card sets for "Man of Steel" and "Amazing Spider-Man", these are pretty much the only cards to made for these blockbusters which would have all had their own major release sets had they come out 10 years ago. They also have a nice flat finish, so if they are ideal for autographs, were one to be able to encounter in person any of the stars of these movies depicted on the cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought the Man of Steel set last year, but never knew of an Amazing Spider-Man card set. When did that come out ? Are these hard to find ?

Seems like the Man of Steel and new X-Men sets are easy to find on "that auction site"

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
This evening I gobble-gobbled my turkey burger at Carl Jrs then played with my X-men toyz n cards Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:

The last 3 cards are finish the cards, which it turned out, were issued alphabetically.
ROGUE
PROFESSOR X (Patrick Stewart)
STORM

Kind of odd that Rogue (Anna Paquin) is in the set as she was cut out of the film entirely..

Anna Paquin is in the film as Rouge, although it seems in a much briefer appearance than originally intended.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
The cello wraps might be stamped....might.
I had one wrapper's crimped/sealed end that had a #2 stamped on it.
Fred

I got 3 packs in the kids meal. On right side foil crimped edge was a "1", "2", & "3" very hard to see. And each had different cards so I got the complete puzzle! Yeah!!! Especially since I had to travel out of state to find a Hardees that was still offering toys.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Still missing Pack 2 (ICEMAN/MAGNETO/MYSTIQUE)

Have extra Pack-1 and Pack-3 (ROGUE/PROF X/STORM)

Trades are still welcome!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
What is the card stock on these like? Cheap and thin or regular and decent?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The cards are regular and decent. Very much like typical non-sport trading cards.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Thanks for clarifying RevJay, I've bought a couple of sets but don't have them in hand yet and was hoping for the best. I ordered one set to display in page as a puzzle and another to cannibalise to see which actors I can get to sign some of them. I would love to get Patrick Stewart and Michael Fassbender autos on these cards.

It's a real shame a film that looks this epic has no full card set. Still these promos look pretty cool and remind me a lot of the character chase cards Topps put out for X-Men the Movie and X2 and will go nicely together.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I apologize that I haven’t commented on this sooner. I’ve been VERY busy with state-run, end-of-level testing for my junior high students. This is always a rough period of the school year....

Anyway, in reading these posts, I’m sorry some of you are having a tough time getting these cards. They are well worth the trouble, though. I looked at my own copies of the unopened packages, and I personally have a hard time finding the 1, 2, 3 marked on the packages that was mentioned earlier. However, there is a MUCH easier way to identify the three packs for those of you still having trouble finding the 1, 2, 3.

First of all, don’t bother looking at the SILVER wrapper. Instead, look at the very top edge of the cellophane package. This will be hard to see, so you may have to risk looking weird in public and hold it up to the light – but it’ll work. At the top, you should see three different sets of numbers. On mine, the numbers were either 0024, 0064, or 3623. I may be a digit off on that third number set. Anyway, each of the three sets will always have the same numbers on the top. Again, they are hard to see, but they are there and that’s what enabled me to get all three sets at little-to-no cost.

Good luck and happy hunting!
Geoff