Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Famous Amos Disney cookie tin with card
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Famous Amos Disney cookie tin with card
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
My wife dragged me off for some last minute Christmas stocking stuffer shopping at WalMart last night. We found 3 different octagon tins with a picture of Mickey Mouse, a scene from Peter Pan, & a scene from Pinocchio. Sticker on the outside read "Filled with Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies & movie trivia card!"

I got to open the Peter Pan tin. Inside was a bag of cookies & one trading card with Peter Pan & Tinerkbell on the front & trivia information about Walt Disney & the film on the back.

I have to wait for Christmas before the other 2 are opened by my wife & daughter.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Revjay ,

Thanks for Posting about these ,

Batman , Thanks for the Pictures..

Kevin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kevin LePore,

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Darn it, I have looked at those tins but never noticed that there was a card inside... I opted not to buy them, but will have to go back now! Smile

Mike

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice cards, standard trading card size, nicely done:

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, I must add this to my Christmas list now!

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Just picked up a set from my local Walmart. But remember, the day after christmas, these tins will be half price if there are any left. So I got a set now, just in case and the day after I will go back and pick up whatever is left.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Good thing I'm going to Walmart on Tuesday for last minute shopping. Thanks for the heads up. Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Those are pretty nice. I might have to go to Walmart and try to find these tins.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So that's what the other two cards look like - can't wait for Christmas!

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I picked up all 3 tins today. The card are nice and in a plastic protector which is considerate.

Most Walmarts that I have been too recently have ample supplies of these. Not sure how much that will change before Xmas.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
I picked up all 3 tins today. The card are nice and in a plastic protector which is considerate.

Most Walmarts that I have been too recently have ample supplies of these. Not sure how much that will change before Xmas.

Mike.

Mike,

Where in Walmart did you find these tins ? Food isle or a separate display stand ?

I've been to two Walmarts so far and I can't find them. In one store I got two managers involved and they said they haven't seen these, yet? I hope it's not a regional thing.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
They usually have a couple of holiday aisles, that's where I found mine.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Now that Christmas was over, I went looking for these tins in the clearance isles. All the Walmarts I have been to are currently selling these for $1.74 per tin.

Here is your chance to pick these up fairly cheaply....

Mike.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Now that Christmas was over, I went looking for these tins in the clearance isles. All the Walmarts I have been to are currently selling these for $1.74 per tin.

Here is your chance to pick these up fairly cheaply....

Mike.

Thanks for the Heads Up, Mike.
Even though I paid premium price for these a week and a half ago, I might go back and grab 3
more of these since they're so cheap now.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Wave
Could a friendly US Card Talker buy an extra set, get the cards out and send them to me (I will pay for everything) because I can' pass on 3 Disney cards for $1.74 x 3 plus shipping. Thanks for the help (email is in my profile).
Best wishes to everyone for the New Year (Don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow).

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I went to Walmart today and I could only find two out of the three tins {Pinocchio & Peter Pan}. Frown But I did purchase both of them.

Two weeks ago I had the same problem when I bought them, but I was lucky enough to find one Mickey Mouse tin on another shelf, down the isle.

So here in Warwick, RI the Mickey Mouse tin the short ordered tin. Very hard to come by.

Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
Wave
Could a friendly US Card Talker buy an extra set, get the cards out and send them to me (I will pay for everything) because I can' pass on 3 Disney cards for $1.74 x 3 plus shipping. Thanks for the help (email is in my profile).
Best wishes to everyone for the New Year (Don't know if I will be able to post tomorrow).

I have to go to Walmart today. IF no one else has resonded yet, I'll check to see what they have left & pick up a set.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was in Walmart earlier this week and didn't see any of these tins. There were plenty of popcorn tins, but no Disney cookie tins.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Our local WalMart had some left. I got 3 sets of Mickey,Peter Pan & Pinnochio. If anyone wants a set, let me know if you want just the cards or the tins & cookies as well. [My daughter is just dieing to eat the Famous Amos chocolate chip cookies.]

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I'll have to check and see if they have more at my nearest Wal-Mart. Had quite a bit last time I was in.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post