Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Star Wars coin identification please
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars coin identification please
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted
Any ideas? On the back says “Made in the USA” but has some French there as well.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Cecil,

It looks recent as in no older than 2005 (Revenge of the Sith) - could be from "The Force Awakens" but I don't recognize it. With both French and English it's of course tempting to say it's Canadian but it could have been made for distribution in the US and Canada. What are the French words or abbreviations? I can help with that if Google is giving you gibberish.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
Any ideas? On the back says “Made in the USA” but has some French there as well.

Posts: 4338 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Hi Cecil, I'm sure that you've probably already seen this, but it's the only mention of the coin that I could find online:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces20187.html

Good luck!

Posts: 283 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
No, I hadn't seen this post. Too bad there's no info though. The date is 1997 and I have 3 different. Darth Vader 1000- Deathstar on back, Princess Leia 10000- R2D2 Alderaan on back, Chewbacca 50- Kashyyyk on back.

This is the back of the card that was in the cellophane wrapper- the only mention of the French language.

quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
Hi Cecil, I'm sure that you've probably already seen this, but it's the only mention of the coin that I could find online:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces20187.html

Good luck!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Cecil,

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Found this online:

1997 Spanish Nestle Estrellitas Star Wars 3 Coin Medallion Sealed Rare Set $349.00

Same coins, same backing card but a Spanish premium?