Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Topps Mars Attacks card in Mars Attacks Comic
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps Mars Attacks card in Mars Attacks Comic
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
The Newest issue of Mars Attacks Comic Book #6 has a New Mars Attacks Card #32a Robot Terror

I checked all the comics @ the comic shop , they all come with the SAME Card

On the back it says :
See Card 18a A Soldier Fights Back
collect the set of 5 cards

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've also seen these on "that site" but the shipping is expensive. I'll keep checking in case they are in Comic Shops in the U.K.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thats cool news... Thanks for posting this.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So is there just 1 card, or 5 different ones in this issue ? If 5, where are the others available ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
So is there just 1 card, or 5 different ones in this issue ? If 5, where are the others available ?

My guess is the next 5 issues will contain a card.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ted is correct. There are 5 cards that will be packaged with issues #6-#10 of the regular series. Art by Dan Brereton, Miran Kim, Franco Francovilla and others.

The stories on the back were written, produced and approved by Topps, to fit in with the original 55, and are direct sequels to 5 individual cards from that set.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I've also seen these on "that site" but the shipping is expensive. I'll keep checking in case they are in Comic Shops in the U.K.

Due to be in UK comic shops on 2nd January. It was scheduled to ship before Christmas.

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Picked mine up today from my local comic shop. It's poly-bagged with the comic.

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Mars Attack comic # 7 is out today it includes card 18A

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Mars Attack comic # 8 is out today it includes card 41A - Horror in Paris

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here are the first three cards, well worth tracking down they feature great new art:

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Wow! 7 & 8 came out on the same day. I better catch up.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Wow! 7 & 8 came out on the same day. I better catch up.

No. 7 was out on the 13 February and No. 8 was out on the 13 March.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
SELL OUT!!!
Got the last issue at the shop.
Had to mail order all the rest.

The #1 issue has at least 55 variation covers, one for each original card.
Also, there appear to be parodies...Mars Attacks verses Popeye, KISS, Transformers, etc.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Also, there appear to be parodies...Mars Attacks verses Popeye, KISS, Transformers, etc.

These were one-shot crossovers with other IDW titles. They came out about a month or so ago.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Right, there were at least 5 different one-shots, but each of those had a pair of additional variant covers where guest artists were given a chance to mix their own characters into the Mars Attacks Universe. Here are the actual issues in CAPS along with the variant covers for each:

TRANSFORMERS
Spike (from Buffy)
Strangers in Paradise (Terry Moore)

REAL GHOSTBUSTERS
Chew (Image Comics)
Madman (Mike Allred)

KISS
Judge Dredd
Star Slammers (Walt Simonson)

ZOMBIES Vs. ROBOTS
Rog-2000 (John Byrne)
Cerebus (Dave Sim)

POPEYE
Opus (Bloom County)
Miss Fury

And while the cover of the variants, to use the Popeye one for an example, read "Mars Attacks Opus" or "Mars Attacks Miss Fury", the interiors of those comics is the same as what's inside the "regular" edition Popeye comics, so it looks like 15 different covers in total for 5 different comics.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Right, there were at least 5 different one-shots, but each of those had a pair of additional variant covers where guest artists were given a chance to mix their own characters into the Mars Attacks Universe. Here are the actual issues in CAPS along with the variant covers for each:

TRANSFORMERS
Spike (from Buffy)
Strangers in Paradise (Terry Moore)

REAL GHOSTBUSTERS
Chew (Image Comics)
Madman (Mike Allred)

KISS
Judge Dredd
Star Slammers (Walt Simonson)

ZOMBIES Vs. ROBOTS
Rog-2000 (John Byrne)
Cerebus (Dave Sim)

POPEYE
Opus (Bloom County)
Miss Fury

And while the cover of the variants, to use the Popeye one for an example, read "Mars Attacks Opus" or "Mars Attacks Miss Fury", the interiors of those comics is the same as what's inside the "regular" edition Popeye comics, so it looks like 15 different covers in total for 5 different comics.

I wasn't aware of those variants!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I missed the first one apparently, but my LCS owner back ordered it for me. So I'll be current soon.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
I expect to have extras of all three issues available at the Chicago show in April.
Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I'll take a copy of the most recent issue.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post