Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cereal Lenticulars
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted
Hello all.

I snapped a few pictures of these odd-small-square-lenticular.....things.
I don't want to call them trading cards {yet} because they are only 1 1/2"X 1 1/2" square.
Let me know if you would consider them a "trading card?"
Or something else.
Or if you would even collect them at all?
They were both found at my local Target store, here in Rhode Island, today.
The Lucky Charms cereal box has been out for a least a month now, but
the Cheerios Honey Bee cereal box is new, at least to that Target store.

Fred

PS: it looks like they are glued to the outside of the boxes.
Also, would you keep the box intact {minus the food} or would you cut them off ?

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
nothing special about the box. Keep the cards. Neat find.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
nothing special about the box. Keep the cards. Neat find.

Thanks Erik.
I thought this was odd, but still a little neat.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I think these things have actually earned the title of "cool". They are obviously part of a series and use the recognizeable characters associated with these cearals. It would be interesting to see what, if anything, is on the back of these.

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Yes,,,defintely cool & worth collecting!

If they are easily removed (without damage), I'd put them in those ultra-pro 12-pocket pages and start a collection of them Thumb Up

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BILLZEE:
Yes,,,defintely cool & worth collecting!

If they are easily removed (without damage), I'd put them in those ultra-pro 12-pocket pages and start a collection of them Thumb Up

The unopened boxes are in totes/plastic bins now, but they take up so much room. I'm still thinking of how to save these. They are glued pretty good to the boxes. {Hmmm, should I save the entire box? save box minus food?, cut out card? or try to pry it off ?}

As for the Ultra-Pro 12 pocket pages...I did not know they even made a 12 pocket, but thanks for the heads up. I'm having a hard time locating 1 pocket pages and 6 pocket pages here in RI. I doubt anyone will have 12 pocket here. Looks like eBay or Amazon for me.

Fred

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
they make pages for pretty much anything
- it's a shame you don't have anyone that sells them

love the little "cards"
food promo cards are a niche in them selves
- usually odd shapes, instead of standard to differentiate themselves

in this case, personally, I would remove the card from the box - gently Smile

does the box mention anything about how many there are of these?

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
forgot to ask - is there anything on the back of the "cards"

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
they make pages for pretty much anything
- it's a shame you don't have anyone that sells them

love the little "cards"
food promo cards are a niche in them selves
- usually odd shapes, instead of standard to differentiate themselves

in this case, personally, I would remove the card from the box - gently Smile

does the box mention anything about how many there are of these?

Hi HC,
The box doesn't say anything about the little lenticulars.
I thought they might be for a game on the back of the box, but no.
Since the lenticular is basically a stand alone, from the box, I'll probably remove it.
Either by peeling it away from the box or by just cutting around it and leaving it attached.
At this time I do not know what's behind the little lenticular {probably just a glob of glue}. I'll post when I know.
I guess we should be on the lookout for other General Mills cereal lenticulars, like Trix and Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Eek

And regarding the Ultra Pro pages...I found a Sport Cards store about 25 minutes from my house that sells ALL of the Ultra Pro sizes. He even has two versions of the 1 page {one is 8x10 and the other is 8.5"x11"}. You know where I'll be tomorrow.
Dance

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
forgot to ask - is there anything on the back of the "cards"

A buddy of mine peeled the card from the box and there is nothing on the back of these little cards other than glue.
I also found two more of these cards on General Mills cereal boxes. I'll post pics soon.