Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Mini puzzle lenticulars of Spider Man & Sponge Bob.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mini puzzle lenticulars of Spider Man & Sponge Bob.
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted
Hello all,

I found these in my local Target yesterday {thanks for the heads-up Kevin}.

They are made by Cardinal Ind. for Marvel Toys. The 3D lenticulars measure 3" X 3".
The puzzles inside are made up of 28 pieces and when put together measure up to 9" X 6".
These sold for $1 each.

My favorite is the Spider-Man and Venom card.

Now the question is:
A} Should we peel them off ?
B} Cut them out ?
C} Cut the top off from the box ?
D} Or save box as is ?

I'm opting for C. Because I just want the cards not the puzzles, but I like the additional art work on the top of the boxes. Plus I want to put the cards in an binder along with all my other miscellaneous lenticulars. Not in a storage bin.

What are your thoughts ? I like to know.
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have you put a puzzle together? Is it lenticular like that box says?

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
curious as to if the puzzle is actually lenticular like RevJay

in this case I might cut out the box as well to get the full picture
- but normally I would just peel of the card

hopefully Target still has these when we travel to the states for the Ohio shows
- no Target in Canada, yet

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
Have you put a puzzle together? Is it lenticular like that box says?

Hi RevJay ,

Yes , the Puzzles Are Lenticular , theres also ( 2 ) Dora the Explorer Lenticular puzzles w/ cards
I just peeled the cards off the boxes & put them in small postcard sized toploaders
Kevin

Posts: 1176 | Location: Rochester , NY , USA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Yes, it's confirmed...the puzzles themselves ARE lenticular, too. I just put one together.
Pretty freaking cool !
I think I'm going to put the completed puzzles in an Ultra Pro # 201D {8"x10"} with a comic book backer, to display it in my misc. card binder.
And there are two Dora the Explorer puzzles, but I opted at the time not to get them.
I'm thinking about getting them the next time I'm in Target though.
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WalMart carries puzzles from the same compamy but the whole box front is lenticular (which unfortunately includes all the information writing that is outside the lenticlar portion on the above boxes). I know they have Spiderman, Star Wars. Maybe Tinkerbell. I broke down & bought a couple of Hallmark cards at Valentines- they had lenticulars & 3D.

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post