Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Cars 2-Milk Chocolate Lightning McQueen that includes 6 Collectible cards per pouch
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cars 2-Milk Chocolate Lightning McQueen that includes 6 Collectible cards per pouch
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Here are the first nine cards, quite nice:

Thanks for the picture.

Looks like you have them in a standard 9 pocket Ultra Pro, so I take it they are standard
sized cards ?

And how many came in one pack of candy ?

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Fred, they are standard size cards, there are 6 cards to a pack, so if you are fortunate you can get a set by buying three packs. However, the cards are generally not "mint" so I was able to pick and choose the best cards from the five packs I got. Good hunting! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't you know it...I drive about 25 minutes north today, into Cranston, where the only K-Mart is located, and the plaza didn't have power. As I was getting closer to the plaza I was noticing small trees down, fences blown over, and such. But really not that bad like a tornado went through or anything, but I guess bad enough that I couldn't get into the store. Mad Oh well, I'll try again on Saturday when I drive past it going to our studio.

Remember to check out "RISFC" on You Tube. We tape a monthly sci fi show on Public Access. Don't expect a lot...it's Cable Access. LOL But we do talk about Sci Fi Movies, TV shows, books, Games, Anime', etc.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Freddy, that is all right, I pulled up to a K-Mart at exactly 10pm tonight, and of course they closed at 10pm. Wish we had eaten a little faster so I could have gotten there before 10.

Now I'll have to wait until Sunday to check a different K-Mart.....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I found 5 packs. when I opened them there were 4 of one set of cards and 1 of another. It appears that the top card is always the same in each of the 3 different packs. I have extras of the pack on the top. I would like to trade one of these for the one that is missing if anyone knows which one that is.
Thanks

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Well, I've been to two K-Marts today. One in Cranston, RI and the other in Attleboro, Mass.

I stopped by the one in Cranston, on my to the studio this morning, and then after the studio, I drove 4 miles north, into Mass, to another K-Mart. And I struck out at both stores. The second one was even a "Super K-Mart," too. I did see "Cars" gummies, ring pops, and "Mater Teeth" but no "Cars" chocolate with t-cards. And I looked EVERYWHERE. At all registers, candy isle, toy isles, food isles, and even end caps. What a pain in the arse.
Tomorrow I'm going to a show in Fairhaven, Mass and I think there's a K-Mart way out there. I'll give that one a try, too.

Stay tuned. Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found only 1 package on the shel in the candy aisle at our local K-Mart. WHEN I asked at customer service if they were planning to get in more, I was told that they hoped so on Tuesday's truck. They offered to hold a box for me when the truck came in.

If you're having trouble finding any, check customer service.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I found 7 packs today. 4 with Carla Veloso as the top card, and 3 with Tow Mater as the top card. I still need the pack with Fillmore as the top card. Does anyone have a pack to trade for one of my extras?

Thanks.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
MIke,
The pack I opened that has the Filmore card on the top also had the Tow Mater card in the pack. So I am wondering how these cards actually break. The pack with Carla Velosa had cards # 1, 5, 7, 8, 10 & 18. The pack I opened with the Filmore on top had cards 2, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14. I would be interested in knowing what cards came out of your Tow Mater pack.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Michael, I responded to this in email but will post here again for all.

My Tow Mater packs have the exact same cards in them as your pack with Fillmore as the first card. I'm thinking yours is an oddball pack with the cards packaged in the wrong order and mine with Tow Mater on top is the standard, since I got 3 packs all formatted the same.

Now, I wish we knew who was really on the top of the other pack. Anyone know?

Mike.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The pack i got today had Max Schnell on top. It contains cards # 4, 6, 9, 15, 16, 17.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I finally found some of these ! I was near Cape Cod this afternoon at a Toy/Comic/& Card show and on my way back I GPS' the nearest K-Mart. Walked the entire store and finally found one box at one cashier's isle.

I purchased 5 packages and I did not get a complete set, but I did get a lot of doubles.

I need the following cards...
# 1, 5, 7, 8, 10, & 18.

I have the following for trade...
# 4 {2}, 6 {2}, 9 {2}, 15 {2}, 16 {2}, & 17 {2}.

Lets trade. I'm not driving all the way back there for these.

Thanks,
Fred.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
I found 7 packs today. 4 with Carla Veloso as the top card, and 3 with Tow Mater as the top card. I still need the pack with Fillmore as the top card. Does anyone have a pack to trade for one of my extras?

Thanks,

Mike.

Mike,

I need the following cards...
# 1, 5, 7, 8, 10, & 18.

I have the following for trade...
# 4 {2}, 6 {2}, 9 {2}, 15 {2}, 16 {2}, & 17 {2}.

Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Freddy,
If Mike 999 has not made a trade with you already, I have a sealed set of the ones you need and I need the ones you have. Please let me know.
Thanks

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Freddy,

Michael Beam beat me to responding. We both need the pack that you have offered to trade, but you are only needing 1 pack to finish your set.

We both could send you the pack you need in exchange for the the ones that we need, or we can work a trade for something else.

Mike.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I have THREE extras of the cello packs that have FILLMORE at the top (#11, right?).

If anyone can help me out with a trade for the Green Lantern PB wrappers, then maybe that’s a way we can make each other happy? See my GL Reese’s HAVE’s/NEED’s over HERE….......

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
Freddy,
If Mike 999 has not made a trade with you already, I have a sealed set of the ones you need and I need the ones you have. Please let me know.
Thanks

Sending you an email.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:
Freddy,

Michael Beam beat me to responding. We both need the pack that you have offered to trade, but you are only needing 1 pack to finish your set.

We both could send you the pack you need in exchange for the the ones that we need, or we can work a trade for something else.

Mike.

Mike,

Send me an email at RITrekkie@cox.net and we'll do some trading for these cards.
I have enough for you and "beamer". I could use a second set for my son, too.

Fred

NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
I went to my local K-mart and looked at each register – nothing. I figured I was out of luck, but decided to look in the candy aisle and there they were hidden on the bottom shelf. The box was full and I bought them all. I was able to make four complete sets, so it would appear that the packs of cards are evenly distributed.

If anyone has an extra Guido and/or Professor Z card from the Juicy Juice packs, I would gladly trade you a set. Wavey

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
For some reason I came up short on my count...I still need # 2, 3, 11, 12, 13, & 14.
Does anybody have these ?

Fred