Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Cars 2-Milk Chocolate Lightning McQueen that includes 6 Collectible cards per pouch
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cars 2-Milk Chocolate Lightning McQueen that includes 6 Collectible cards per pouch
 Login/Join

posted
I was in 5 different K-Mart stores in the greater Baltimore area on Sunday. Only one had this product. The product is for the new Disney-Pixar Cars 2 movie. It is a pouch with a milk chocolate Lighning McQueen with crisped rice that also included 6 collectible trading cards per pouch. The set consists of 18 cards and the 6 cards come in a platic wrapper so the chocolate will not damage them. The cards look great. 12 pouches come to a box and one pouch sold for $1.99. I bought the last 11 pouches and was able to make 3 sets. Nice wrapper and display box. I do not have a scanner to show you what the cards and wrapper look like. One strange thing is that no where does it state Cars 2; it just says Cars. Not on the box, the wrapper, or the cards. I did call the candy company and they confirmed that the candy and cards are for Cars 2. The 18 characters are- Mater, McQueen, Luigi, Guido, Sidderley, Fillmore, Finn McMissle, Francesco, Grem, Shu Todoroki, Holley Shiftwell, Acer, Max Schnell, Nigel Gearsley, Raoul Caroule, Miguel Camino, Professor Z, and Carla Veloso.

The candy company Frankford Candy and Chocolate in Philadelphia stated that within the last year they had made a Harry Potter related candy that also came with cards. They no longer have the license though. I never saw those anywhere.

Also in one of the K Mart's a sticker vending machine had The Best of Maevel Heroes #3 Tattoos.A numbered oversized set of 10 that looked great.

From the Cars 2 Juicy Juice I still need to find Guido, Luigi, Professor Z, and Francesco Bernoulli.

Sorry I missed everyone at the May Philly show but my 101 year old mother passed away on May 10. See everybody in October.

Chick

Posts: 19 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chick-

We missed you to. You can also pick these Cars sets at Toy's R Us. I did not have the good luck you did. I kept getting duplicates of the same pack and when I looked at some of the cards they had faint scratches on them. I need one more pack to make my set. I think at Toys R Us I paid $2.99 + TAX FOR THEM SO I THINK YOU GOT A GOOD DEAL AT K-MART.

I may be wrong but this may be the same company that made the Frog Chocolate that came with Potter Wizard lenticulars. I'm sure you've seen them around.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chickelini:
I was in 5 different K-Mart stores in the greater Baltimore area on Sunday. Only one had this product. The product is for the new Disney-Pixar Cars 2 movie. It is a pouch with a milk chocolate Lighning McQueen with crisped rice that also included 6 collectible trading cards per pouch. The set consists of 18 cards and the 6 cards come in a platic wrapper so the chocolate will not damage them. The cards look great. 12 pouches come to a box and one pouch sold for $1.99. I bought the last 11 pouches and was able to make 3 sets. Nice wrapper and display box. I do not have a scanner to show you what the cards and wrapper look like. One strange thing is that no where does it state Cars 2; it just says Cars. Not on the box, the wrapper, or the cards. I did call the candy company and they confirmed that the candy and cards are for Cars 2. The 18 characters are- Mater, McQueen, Luigi, Guido, Sidderley, Fillmore, Finn McMissle, Francesco, Grem, Shu Todoroki, Holley Shiftwell, Acer, Max Schnell, Nigel Gearsley, Raoul Caroule, Miguel Camino, Professor Z, and Carla Veloso.

The candy company Frankford Candy and Chocolate in Philadelphia stated that within the last year they had made a Harry Potter related candy that also came with cards. They no longer have the license though. I never saw those anywhere.

Also in one of the K Mart's a sticker vending machine had The Best of Maevel Heroes #3 Tattoos.A numbered oversized set of 10 that looked great.

From the Cars 2 Juicy Juice I still need to find Guido, Luigi, Professor Z, and Francesco Bernoulli.

Sorry I missed everyone at the May Philly show but my 101 year old mother passed away on May 10. See everybody in October.

Chick

Chick,

My condolences to you regarding the loss of your mother. I hope mine gives me 25 more years keeping me on my toes until she's 101 years old, too.

I'm having a hard time figuring out what this "Cars" product looks like.
Is it big or small?
Is it in a box or a "pouch"?
Is it in the cereal isle or is it in the refrigerators along with the other milk products ?
And the companies name is "Frankford Candy and Chocolate?" I went to their website and it's "down
for construction", of course.

I have one K-Mart in the next town over. If I know more about this product, then I'll take a ride over there. Anything more you can tell me would be deeply appreciated.

Sincerely,
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fred-

The foil pouch is 6 inches tall by 3 1/16 inches wide. It is mostly red with a picture of Lightning McQueen. In the lower left area of the pouch there is a red bordered square with a yellow background that says- Includes 6 collectible trading cards per pouch. There are 12 pouches per the cardboard box that has the same markings/info as the pouch covers. The pouch covers are all the same. The candy and the 6 cards are in the pouch. At this K-Mart at aisle #1 the store had their baseball-nonsports cards racks and to the left of those racks there was another rack with different candy. The Cars box was on the top shelf. I would look by the checkout aisles and the candy display areas. It was not in the cereal section and it was not in a refrigerator. It is a small candy bar in the shape of Lightning McQueen. I hope your K-Mart has them.

Chick

Posts: 19 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: July 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Found these during lunch today, had to look but found them in the last aisle at customer service. I brought 5 packs at $1.99 and got a set of 18 out of the packs. Nice cards, well done. I will scan them and post images later tonight when I get home.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Found these during lunch today, had to look but found them in the last aisle at customer service. I brought 5 packs at $1.99 and got a set of 18 out of the packs. Nice cards, well done. I will scan them and post images later tonight when I get home.

Batman,

That would be great if you can scan a picture of these tonight, because I have absolutely no idea what these things look like.

What store were you in, that you saw them,"...in the last isle at customer service." ?

Thanks,
Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of The Mouseketeer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
I have absolutely no idea what these things look like.

I borrowed this image from an online candy seller:

Now we just have to find them!

Posts: 2218 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: April 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Freddy, I found these at K-Mart, and the pic Mouseketeer posted is exactly the display I saw at the Big K. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Freddy, I found these at K-Mart, and the pic Mouseketeer posted is exactly the display I saw at the Big K. Smile

Thanks

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouseketeer:
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
I have absolutely no idea what these things look like.

I borrowed this image from an online candy seller:

Now we just have to find them!

Thanks for the pic. Now I know exactly what to look for.

Fred

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Sorry everyone, I left the cards at work, I am so busy I can't remember much lately. I will try again to post the cards tomorrow night! Red Face

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I looked for this "Cars" promo at a Target, Walmart, & 7-11 while out with the wife and son tonight. No luck. I'll have to get up to the K-Mart soon, but it's kind of out of my way. Maybe Saturday when I go to the studio

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chickelini: Sorry I missed everyone at the May Philly show but my 101 year old mother passed away on May 10. See everybody in October.

Chick

My best to you and your family, Chick. My Mother is fighting (with a lot of gusto, too, which is why I am so proud of her) a vicious form of Breast Cancer called IBC. It hasn't slowed her or her normal routine down one bit, which has made her a local hero to her friends and family in Montreal since she is still quite young at 77.

Anyways, I am sorry for your loss ansd all the best to you.

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chickelini:
I was in 5 different K-Mart stores in the greater Baltimore area on Sunday. Only one had this product........

What a fantastic post, Chick!!! Depending on the quality of these cards, it will making chasing down those crazy Juicy Juice cards a waste of time! This also corroborates what I’ve felt for a long time - that certain manufacturers will only deal with certain chains, i.e.....what is found in K-Mart can be found in Toys R Us, but not elsewhere....or....what is found in Target can be found in Shopko, but not elsewhere...etc.

This also confirms why I saw so many certain collectibles at the Canadian TRU last December in Montreal and Ottawa, but not anywhere else. At the time, I noticed ALL the Kinder Surprise rip-offs (as well as the original Kinder Surprises), were featured at TRU, but all the other outlets would only feature Kinder Surprise and maybe one extra competitor (like Zaini). AT TRU, ALL the current egg series were there in massive abundance.

This just proves that K-Mart and TRU might be featuring a lot of great promos that we (meaning, us Americans) aren't aware of simply because we are too over-focused on Wal-Mart and Target. I gave up on U.S. TRU a long time ago because of the reduced card display, but I guess the regular Topps & UD collectibles are no longer the main reasons to visit TRU and K-Mart once in a while....

Thanks again, Chick. Be well.

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here are the first nine cards, quite nice:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone for posting pics. I'll have to remember to stop at Kmart at some point this week.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
The other nine cards:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
And I gotta be diabetic. Frown Frown

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
And I gotta be diabetic. Frown Frown

George, I am too, but you can always buy the candy and give it away........ That is what I will do when/if I find it. At least that is what I tell myself! Smile

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Now I have............. "Those Temptation Eyes....." Maybe if I melt the chocolate and make 1 BIG glob of candy........... Big Grin Razz

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post