Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Men Experience Movie cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted
I saw this thread on blowout forum and I've been trying to track down these oversized X-Men cards because I really wanted the Rogue. http://www.blowoutcards.com/fo...future-past-set.html - I also borrowed these images from that thread.

(The X-Men Experience) Blu-ray collection in the USA has 12 collector cards and the (X-Men and Wolverine) Blu-ray collection has 13 cards. (Sabretooth is the 13th card). I have not been able to find these collections in Canada with the cards but I did find some of them in individual X-men movie Blu-ray. Here is what I found in a Target in Canada.

The Best Buys in Canada have the X-Men Experience Blu-rays but not with the oversized cards. I went to Target and they have the individual X-Men movies each with 2 of the oversized cards. Here is what I found inside each movie.

X-Men - Rogue & Mystique oversized cards
X-Men United (X2) - Storm & Cyclops oversized cards
X-Men 3 - The Last Stand - Phoenix & Beast oversized cards
Wolverine: Origins - Wolverine & Stryker oversized cards

I still can not find the Iceman, Shadowcat, Magneto, Professor X and Sabretooth.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Those are really nice. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Thanks Elaine,

I will look at Target here.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I was able to get either set today at Best-Buy, still for the same discount price of $19.99 for the "X-MEN EXPERIENCE" 4 disc set (with the 12 cards) or $34.99 for the "WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN" 6 disc set (with the 12 cards plus the exclusive Sabretooth).

I just went for the cheaper $19.99 one since it also had a "Movie Cash" sticker on it worth $8. The $34.99 one I'm pretty sure didn't have that offer.

I don't even have a BluRay player, so I'll just unload the 4 BluRays and keep the cards and movie cash, all for a just a couple of bucks most likely. (UPDATE: I sold the 4 Bluray set without the cards and the Movie Cash to someone for a little over $14 after fees, so the cards cost me about $7, but that'll cancel out once I use the Movie Cash offer. So in that way, for me, the card are like a movie theatre giveaeway which is nice, since our main theater doesn't have poster giveaways and such, like some theatres do.)

The cards look great and I'm glad to have them. Thanks for the tip, Elaine! I don't get to the Best Buy or Target very often, and we don't shop at Walmart, so I likely would've never even heard of these without the friendly and informative folks who frequent this forum.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
There's a little bit of confusion here from what I can tell. Or maybe it's just me, and I screwed myself again on a purchase.

From what I see on ebay, there's a 4 and a 6 disc set that only has 4 movies and 12 cards. I bought a 6 disc thinking I would get 13 cards. I don't think I will.

As Elaine said, the 13th card is in the set that contains Wolverine Origins.

I was not paying attention and went with chesspieceface statement of it being in the 6 disc set.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, sorry about that. I definitely didn't mean to mislead you. After reading the original post, I went to Best Buy and had both sets in my hands, the 4 disc "X-Men Experience" and the 6 disc "Wolverine and the X-Men", and each had their own sticker indicating the cards were inside, with 12 in the X-Men set for $19.99 or 13 in the Wolverine set for $34.99. I should've written "Wolverine" before "6 disc set", but I didn't know there was an X-Men set that was also 6 discs, so I didn't see the need to differentiate. I'll amend that now, so there's no further confusion.
I actually could've picked up either, but I just couldn't see paying $15 extra for just one more card (especially since I already have the Live Schrieber Sabretooth autograph card from the Wolverine: Origins card set), although it also would've included 2 more movies. But then, I don't even have a BluRay player, so I had no intention of keeping the movies, whatever set I got. I just wanted the cards.
Could it be that the cards in the 6 disc Wolverine set are a Best Buy exclusive?

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok, I did a little research and that 6 Disc version of the 4 film set (the Quadrilogy with X-Men 1-3 and First Class), does not exist.

There is only a 4 disc version of the "X-Men Experience" set. Two sellers have already confirmed to me the set they were selling as a 6-Disc set is indeed only 4 discs.
According to one of them, the incorrect 6-disc designation for their X-Men Experience set is some sort of Ebay error that can occur when listing using the UPC code, which is how many sellers list their DVD/BluRays.

So, TattooX, that means you should get a 4 disc set in the mail and it should have the 12 cards (although not the 13th, since that one comes only with the Wolverine and the X-Men 6 disc set).

If it is an opened set you have bought, and is missing the cards, you would definitely have grounds to return it since you were told you were buying 6 discs, but there will only be 4 in the set you get.

Hopefully, you didn't pay much more than $20 for it. That's about what they're going for, sealed.
While I was getting to the bottom of this, I saw one X-Men Experience opened set for $18 and free shipping (with the cards included for sure, but I don't think it will include the movie cash since that is affixed to the outer wrapper which was missing), so I snapped it up, knowing I can sell the BluRays without the cards for just a few dollars less than $18. Incredibly, there are a whole bunch of people who couldn't care less about the cards and just want the movie. Philistines!

(Not being greedy with my purchase of the second set of cards, but rather, I'd just like to replace a couple of the cards that came with my sealed set, since there were a couple of fuzzy corners on them, here and there).

Good luck!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
http://i69.photobucket.com/alb...i71/NSUSKETCH/xm.jpg

I got mine at Wal-Mart today it clearly states 13 cards, not all that hard.

Yes and no Batman.

I made the mistake of not realizing, as I believe I already stated, that the Wolverine was only in the 6 disc, which is clear that's where you get the 13th card.

So I searched Ebay for "X Men Experience Blu ray" and saw the top image for the box.

Again, I believe I stated, but not going back to look, that there's listings of both 4 and 6 discs sets with that image.

I did not realize that the listings where in error, and that the 6 disc (Wolverine/13th Sabretooth card) had a different cover sleeve.

Not all listings showed a sticker stating that there where cards included. So when asking sellers if the cards where included, I neglected to ask specifically for 13 cards.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ordinarily, I'd want that 13th card, but despite being a fine actor, Schreiber was not a particularly good Sabretooth (could've been the writing) in what was not a particularly good movie (definitely the writing), so I'm good without it.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I never said you should try to get a free set, just maybe the 13th card that was your mistake. Collecting 101, although I'm sure you know that. Wink

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Out of respect for the Toser's I've deleted recent posts, but I'm not afraid to share if anyone wants to know exactly what has gone down. Just send me a message, and I'll forward the posts.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tattoox,