Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    "Star Wars 3D" from Cartamundi: FYE
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Star Wars 3D" from Cartamundi: FYE
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted
While in the FYE last night checking out clearanced card packs, the front cash register featured a NEW collection of Star Wars 3D playing cards from the company Cartamundi. This is the same company that brought us past SW playing card titles like the Star Wars quotes, movie posters, ladies, various Clone Wars sets, Empire Strikes Back, etc, etc. But….here’s the good part, the entire deck is 3D!!! And I am surprised by how well manufactured they are! In order to package them in a small tin, the cards are produced on the typical 3D lenticular plastic WITHOUT a hard, card stock backing – but yet the cards still work and are fairly good quality, just very THIN. They feature at least two images on each card. EVERY card – all 52 – is different and ALL SIX films are featured. There is even a Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn card, a character who, I think, hasn’t been featured in any character-only set for quite a while. The set costs only $8 which is quite deal since we are talking about a 3D/lenticular product here. This is a NEW product and is copyrighted 2011!!! Happy hunting!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
http://www.facebook.com/note.p...77895883630&comments

This link takes you to a FB page that provides more info on this product, Based on my research, it looks like this set has only been in release for a few weeks.....

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
My son would like this just because it's Star Wars.
I would like it because of all the
lenticular 3D cards within the set.

Hmmm, I think I have a Barnes & Noble gift card somewhere from Christmas. Big Grin

Fred

PS: Star Wars "jumped the shark" when they introduced the Ewoks.
From then on, it was all down hill. IMO, of course.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I found mine at a Toys R Us. I bought an extra to actually play cards with and they kind of gave me a headache. Smile I think that I will probably page them up and enjoy them that way.

Hey Geoff, you are from Sandy? Do you go to Heidi's Overtime Cards in Midvale?

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DewMan:
Hey Geoff, you are from Sandy? Do you go to Heidi's Overtime Cards in Midvale?

I visited that store for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It is a mere shadow of yesteryear's stores. I thought Heidi was VERY nice and professional, but I was disappointed by the fcat that all singles can only be purchased thru Beckett online, and I was a little dismayed by her lack of knowledge on non-sport cards, even tho she's been in the biz for over 20 years. oh well.