Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Land O' Frost Avengers Cards
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted
Land O' Frost lunch meats will be inserting 100,000 Avengers trading Cards into packs of lunch meats. However, the odds of finding one is 1 in 100, good luck with that! I think they did the same type of promotion with Iron Man 2 and I never once saw a card from that promotion. Red Face

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I never found the Captain America card. And my friends and I bought 10 packs of the lunch meat.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I bought a few packages of this deli meat for the last movie promo and I wont ever again. The odds are too low, so I won't even be considering this marketing ploy, ahem I mean...promo.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Didn't they also do cards for Dreamworks "Monsters vs Aliens"? I got 2 of the same card from that one.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

They are in the same cello pack as the game piece visable on the back of the packages. The game piece is regular paper while the card is on card stock. So just squeeze the meat and if it's hard you are a winner.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lag30240,

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lag30240:
So just squeeze the meat and if it's hard you are a winner.

Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek Wink...sorry, couldn't resist Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Graham,

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
Originally posted by lag30240:
So just squeeze the meat and if it's hard you are a winner.

Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek Eek Wink...sorry, couldn't resist Big Grin

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!"

@ Graham, Good one. Thumb Up

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Update.
I found one ! Clap
Every Monday I bring my son to a tutor, after school, up at the Cranston {RI} library, which is about 15-20 minutes from our house. Next to said library is a Shaw's Grocery Store which usually carries Land O Frost luncheon meats. So, while waiting for the allotted hour to pass I went inside to check.
The last time I went in this grocery store was when the Iron-Man L.O.F. t-card was offered and I noticed all the specially marked packages, but never knew which one had the card in it, so i never bought any. This time all that changed when I read lag30240's post about "squeezing the meat"{sic}. Though I got a good chuckle out of that post...none the less, it works. After looking at the refrigerator rack of pre-packaged deli meats, of which 95% were Oscar Meyer, I saw one row of L.O.F. meats on the bottom. Most of which had the Avengers Dark Blue logo on the front, identifying the packages that had the contest form inside. So, I went to work. There I was, flipping over the packages and gently squeezing the cello packs inside the plastic packages. I felt like Mr. Whipple from those Charmin commercials. LOL After about a dozen or more I finally found one that was "hard" like Lag30240 stated. I bought said package, went out to the car, opened it up, and Waa-laa. A very nice looking card indeed.
Thanks to Lag for the heads-up on this. Great call !
After I picked up my son, a few minutes later, we went to our Warwick Shaw's, but we struck out there. They didn't even carry L.O.F. meats, which thought was odd since it's only 5 miles from the first store. Oh well, the hunt continues.

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I checked many packs last week. They all seemed to have the advertising in it. Might have to look some more. The card looks good. I don't remember seeing any cards from the previous promotions. Anyone have pics of those?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wgf351
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the find Freddy. I was at that Library today too trying to find a book for my daughter.

Posts: 111 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also checked out a target and a Big Y but alas...no card. Frown
The hunt continues....

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any idea what the secondary market will price this card at ?
I looked in the NSU Price Guide for the Iron Man / Land O Frost promo card, but there's no mention of it.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found one a our local Shop N Save. Had to go through 20 packages before I found it in the very back package.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I didn't find any card but there was a thin folder which was folded to a card shape in every package. When you open it up there is an access code. Do the packages with the cards also have these? Very few stores in this area have this brand. The only ones I found was Turkey and they only had 6 packs of that.

quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
Found one a our local Shop N Save. Had to go through 20 packages before I found it in the very back package.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
I didn't find any card but there was a thin folder which was folded to a card shape in every package. When you open it up there is an access code. Do the packages with the cards also have these? Very few stores in this area have this brand. The only ones I found was Turkey and they only had 6 packs of that.

quote:

@ Frank,

To answer your question...Yes, the ones with the trading cards also have those folded pieces of paper with the contest numbers on the inside. The key is to FEEL the bottom of the package, while in the store, gentle though with your thumbs. The one that has the trading card will feel more ridged than the ones without. Take a miscellaneous trading card, along with that contest coupon, put it back in that cello wrap and stick it back in that package of deli meat. Then you'll see what we're talking about.
Thumb Up
Peace,
Fred

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks. None of the packages in my area have the cards. I'm sure someone got to them before I did. This product is not an easy find to begin with as most stores I've been to have only the pound of turkey and not all the packages have any Avengers pop sticker.

quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:

quote:

@ Frank,

To answer your question...Yes, the ones with the trading cards also have those folded pieces of paper with the contest numbers on the inside. The key is to FEEL the bottom of the package, while in the store, gentle though with your thumbs. The one that has the trading card will feel more ridged than the ones without. Take a miscellaneous trading card, along with that contest coupon, put it back in that cello wrap and stick it back in that package of deli meat. Then you'll see what we're talking about.
Thumb Up
Peace,
Fred

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
First, let me say that was totally awesome!!!! Dance Elephant Clap

However, a word of caution to my fellow collectors who have spouses who are not-so-friendly to our hobby: Go Alone……my wife is in the Philippines this week for business and it’s a darn good thing ‘cuz the behavior I had to engage in to find this card would have put me in the dog house for sure!

Not that she doesn’t support the hobby – she does, actually – but, even I felt pretty weird about all the packages I had to feel up to find the card!! I went to two stores which were only less than a mile apart from each other. Between the two, I must have man-handled about 70+ packages. The good news is that it only took me about 45 minutes to travel to two stores and then return home after finding my bounty.

For those of you who decide to risk the appearance of looking like a public nuisance (I felt pretty self-conscience, but fortunately nobody commented or stared…..from what I could tell), when you find the card, it will be unmistakable because it’s made from very good-quality, hard card stock. For a while, as I was feeling the packages, I started to doubt whether or not I knew the difference between finding it and not finding it because colder packages will give the false illusion of finding the card. However, it’s just an illusion – the colder packages will create a stiffening affect to the paper. In other words – keep looking because when you find it, you’ll go, “Oh!! This HAS to be it!!!” The card is very hard to bend at all in the package. When I found it, I had no doubt that it was in the package before I left the store.

My thanks to “lag30240” & “FREDDY” for the tips on how to find this! As for the rest of you, this promotion is still going strong so if you find a couple of stores with a large supply of this product, you’ll likely find the card with some persistence (and a resistance to worrying about what other customers might be thinking. Wink ).

Geoff

P.S. That was the best turkey, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, and pickle sandwich I’ve had in quite a while!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I checked 4 stores today. Only two had them. 1 store had about 10, the other 100, give or take, I lost count. Found zip! Only one other store to check if I make it back into town. I live 30 miles out.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaah , their not that hard to find .I just went to Wal-marts and found 2 . Then we found another 1 at another Wal-mart . 3 in 1 day .

Posts: 20 | Location: rochester , ny ,usa | Registered: March 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I was really hoping to have that kind of luck, but no. Every one felt thin in the package. LOL