Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC Promos
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
Is there a list of Promos that will be available at SD Con this year?

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
See Tom Breyer's post in the News section-- Grumpy Cat promo

See also the list of Batman promos by Crypto which I posted in the Promo area below

Faerie Metal will also have promos

In addition, Harris posted about these

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....6037711/m/5087020386

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tommy,
Not much of a list. I guess I'm on my own, as usual.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Stop your crying!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Is there anyone going to Topps booth at SDCC? Apparently if you play SWCT and go to the booth, you can get a virtual promo as well as their physical promo cards. My SWCT name is tangentJB and I would really appreciate someone who doesn't play giving my name instead

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Topps is inside the Star Wars pavilion this year so it was mobbed when I went by because it's right next to the Star Wars socks... I'll try to get you entered Tangent. Sorry can't figure out how to post pics here from iPhone, but the electronic code for a free pack is "SDCC2016".

I didn't have much time, only other card not previously mentioned in this thread I found was for Upper Deck. Sign up for their free epack system, similar to Topps from what I see, and they hand out an Alien Anthology SDCC-2016 card.

Posts: 18 | Location: Berkeley, CA USA | Registered: September 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Looks like that Preacher pack of 3 promos by Topps, previously given away at other shows this summer, is also at SDCC

Posts: 3992 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by derigel:
Topps is inside the Star Wars pavilion this year so it was mobbed when I went by because it's right next to the Star Wars socks... I'll try to get you entered Tangent. Sorry can't figure out how to post pics here from iPhone, but the electronic code for a free pack is "SDCC2016".

Thanks anyway, I forgot it would be mobbed. I hope you had fun

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice Butman. You know what you can do with it. I wasn't crying , that is what you do. Hense the projecting.
Just stating a fact. Not much in the way of promos. Twak

posted Hide Post
You should have the digital pack now Tangent.

Posts: 18 | Location: Berkeley, CA USA | Registered: September 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today Topps has Star Wars Rebels sticker cards, not sdcc but you can pick up all 20 at once with some Star Wars hexecon poker chip looking things.

Gentle Giant has cards promoting their 2016 convention exclusives.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by derigel:
You should have the digital pack now Tangent.

I do indeed. Thank you very much Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Looks like that Preacher pack of 3 promos by Topps, previously given away at other shows this summer, is also at SDCC

I saw a post somewhere that the Preacher promos would be given out at the DC Comics booth.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
They were, and I got one extra pack for a Card Talk giveaway. The DC booth also had a Martian Manhunter foil card promoting the Supergirl TV show DVD/BluRay release. It's unnumbered, so I don't know if there are any others. It mentions the show will be on the CW this next season on the back.

They also has and an uncut 9 card sheet from the 1990s Batman Animated series, but I was only able to get one of those.

I thanked them for making cards at all and asked them to please make more!

If interested in a shot at the Preacher pack or the Martian Manhunter card, look for the giveaway thread tomorrow, Sunday at the latest. I am exhausted, just a little too tired to do it now.

Weather-wise, if this was not the hottest Comic-Con of all time, it is right up there. Except for missing the Card Talker gathering tomorrow night, I'm actually glad it's already over for me this year.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pendragon
posted Hide Post
I'm having a heck of a time getting anything from the DC booth. Every time I stop by and ask for preacher cards the tell me to come back later. they hand out different things at different times and they have no idea what they will be giving out. It's frustrating. I'm not going to hang out at the booth all day!

Posts: 429 | Location: San Diego, CA | Registered: January 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Glad that you could make it to the show ... even though it's been super hot

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
They were, and I got one extra pack for a Card Talk giveaway. The DC booth also had a Martian Manhunter foil card promoting the Supergirl TV show DVD/BluRay release. It's unnumbered, so I don't know if there are any others. It mentions the show will be on the CW this next season on the back.

They also has and an uncut 9 card sheet from the 1990s Batman Animated series, but I was only able to get one of those.

I thanked them for making cards at all and asked them to please make more!

If interested in a shot at the Preacher pack or the Martian Manhunter card, look for the giveaway thread tomorrow, Sunday at the latest. I am exhausted, just a little too tired to do it now.

Weather-wise, if this was not the hottest Comic-Con of all time, it is right up there. Except for missing the Card Talker gathering tomorrow night, I'm actually glad it's already over for me this year.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
See Tom Breyer's post in the News section-- Grumpy Cat promo

See also the list of Batman promos by Crypto which I posted in the Promo area below

Faerie Metal will also have promos

In addition, Harris posted about these

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....6037711/m/5087020386

Gentle Giant, the toymakers, has another set of cards promoting upcoming releases. It has Luke from Star Wars, Batman, Superman, Deadpool, Spider-Gwen, Rocket Raccoon, and a few others in it.

DC has the Preacher 3 packs, a Martian Manhunter foil card promoting the Supergirl TV show and a 9 card uncut sheet for the 1990's Batman Animated series.

I don't know much about it, but there's a collectible card game called "Tanto Cuore" and I got PR36 and PR37. The PR37 has the SDCC logo, so that one is the show exclusive. If they're already up to 37 different promos, the game has probably been around for a while.

I did get a set of those Creator Cards from ComiXology, and was around to get a couple of them signed. Those are nice looking cards and the people at that booth are very friendly, too. They are a digital comics service that handles material from pretty much all of the publishers it looks like.

Upper Deck has an Alien Anthology promo. You just have to sign up for the Alien Epacks website to get one. It's pretty nice and already comes sleeved and in a top-loader, so those out there should be in mint condition. It's marked as a show exclusive.

There are some Family Guy "Quest for Stuff" packs again at the Fox booth, but they forgot to bring them. They are hoping to have them by Sunday, so no chance for us on those, unfortunately, but if you're still there, it's worth a shot to ask. All you have to do is follow the game online.

Other than that, I didn't see much else, but I'm sure I missed a few things, even though I walked the entire floor a half dozen times or more.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
IMDB was giving out packs of cards containing 9 or 10 cards showing heroes and villains from movies and TV shows. It looks like there are 30 in the set. I'm still missing numbers 4, 11, and 29 if anyone wants to trade, I have most of the others.

Posts: 2 | Location: San Diego | Registered: August 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ndbag and the Boogeyman supposedly had a new 4 card set promoting his comics. He's had a new set every year since 2009 or 10

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did Topps have any new Star Wars promos at the show ?

I'm not talking about those exclusive mini-sets of SW cards that some people are calling "promos" on ebay

Were there any new P1, P2, P3, etc at SDCC ?