Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Green Hornet 3-D Promo Card w/ Glasses at Cinemark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Green Hornet 3-D Promo Card w/ Glasses at Cinemark
 Login/Join

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted
My wife and I went to the movies today and I noticed that there was a small pile of promotional 3-D cards for the upcoming Green Hornet movie. The card is a 3-D image of the Black Beauty crashing through a wall. The card has a pair of flat 3-D glasses (red on one side and blue on the other) attached to the bottom. The whole card is approximately 5 x 7 in size. The sponsor of the cards seems to be THEGREENHORNET.COM as there is no other identifying marks on the card itself (the back is blank) although there is a notice to get "more 3D images online and on your mobile phone." All in all, this is a pretty cool looking promotional item.

Posts: 286 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Sounds interesting. What theater chain did you go to?

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cinemark (here in Dallas). BTW, I scanned the card, but cannot seem to get it to post properly.

Posts: 286 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Wish the AMC Movie chain (in my area), would get cards. It used to have posters, but not anymore. Frown

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Ebay auctions are popping up for this card/3D Glasses.

Here is an image from one of them:

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's the card. Thanks for posting the picture Mike.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
I went to the screening here in Indianapolis last night, looked but found nothing. I was very disappointed in the movie by the way. I am sure many will love it, but Green Hornet should never be an all out comedy. I'm just sayin'!! Frown

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cecil:
I went to the screening here in Indianapolis last night, looked but found nothing. I was very disappointed in the movie by the way. I am sure many will love it, but Green Hornet should never be an all out comedy. I'm just sayin'!! Frown

Does not bode well for the upcoming card release. I'm just not excited about the card images! I am looking for the above Movie freebie tho!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Picked up the Movie promo on evilBay. Went to TheGreenHornet.com and looked at 5 3D "cards" on the site. May catch the movie at the Dollar theater!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
Picked up the Movie promo on evilBay. Went to TheGreenHornet.com and looked at 5 3D "cards" on the site. May catch the movie at the Dollar theater!

anything more than the dollar theater is a waste of your money and time IF you were an original Green Hornet fan.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

anything more than the dollar theater is a waste of your money and time IF you were an original Green Hornet fan.

That bad huh?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

That bad huh?

again, as a comedy it was OK, but if you are expecting a kick a** Green Hornet as you remember him movie...yes, it was that bad. I got a free preview ticket and felt like I didn't get my money's worth. But, you know...to each his own. I know people that thought it "rocked" while others agreed with me. So please don't let me sway your choice to see it or not.

But if you do see it, I would be interested in your opinion.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I rarely go to first run movies anymore. I catch them at the $1.50 theater or rent them at Redbox for $1.00!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Syfy has a marathon of the Original......... Green Hornet..... TV series next Tuesday. Now are they going to show the Batman/Green Hornet cross-over episode ????????????? And when is the DVD of the complete series coming out ??????????????? Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the tv series that came out today is the 40's serials not the 60s tv show so it wouldnt have the batman / green hornet crossover

Posts: 91 | Location: ma | Registered: April 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Syfy Bruce Lee as Kato is on right now.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
Syfy Bruce Lee as Kato is on right now.
With Van Williams as The Green Hornet. Buzzzzzzzzzzzz.