Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rice Krispies Olympic Cards
 Login/Join

posted
I saw a small sized box today with a 9 card panel on the back. I held off buying hoping to find a larger size box. I didn't find anything on their sight about it so it's possible more than one panel. Sorry for so little info but's time for weekend shopping so maybe someone else can learn more

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Heads-Up. I'll check around Rhode Island, which is never hard to do.
Wink

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen these yet? I've been looking but haven't found them yet. If someone could post a picture, that would be appreciated, so we can see what we need to look for! Thanks!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
Has anyone seen these yet? I've been looking but haven't found them yet. If someone could post a picture, that would be appreciated, so we can see what we need to look for! Thanks!

Geoff,

Nope, I have not seen these cards on the Rice Krispies cereal, yet.
I've checked in every store I go in. From Target, Walmart, Stop & Shops, Shaw's market, and any other store that carries cereal.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: October 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. Now I know what to look for.

Odd shaped cards with no perforations for cutting {I think I may have pocket pages for these cards though?}.

Is anyone going to collect these ?

posted Hide Post
I believe this is a one shot. The web site http://kelloggs.com/teamusa has stories about only the athletes on this box. There is apparently printing on the back, I'll add a scan when I open it up. The cards if cut would measure 2 3/8" x 2 3/4".

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Tks for posting and would you tell us the store where you bought them?

Will probably get a box if I see them when I'm out. I just flatten the box and keep it intact with the other cereal boxes I have so the odd card shape doesn't matter to me.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Publix

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I found and purchased a box yesterday at my local Stop & Shop grocery store.

My wife will most likely make those Rice Krispies marshmallow treats out of the cereal. Yummo. LOL

Metal

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Oh I luv Rice Krispies marshmallow treats! I could eat the whole pan of them in one sitting.

Theres no Publix down here in North Texas, & we used to have a Stop n Shop but thats gone too.
I'll check Tom Thumb and Kroegers this weekend.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
And the best part of these...

No nekkid swimmers to ruin things. Razz

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Big Grin See that Ed has been reading another CardTalk thread LMAO!!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally found one at Giant Eagle. Rice Krispie treats for everyone!

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible to see an image of the FRONT of the box? Thanks!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
Just got back from shopping. This not just Rice Crispies. I saw these on Frosted Flakes & Fruit Loops. They are on different sized boxes but the card size is the same no matter the size of the box. There is nothing on the front of the boxes to indicate there are cards on the back (just like the Rice Crispies)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lag30240:
Just got back from shopping. This not just Rice Crispies. I saw these on Frosted Flakes & Fruit Loops. They are on different sized boxes but the card size is the same no matter the size of the box. There is nothing on the front of the boxes to indicate there are cards on the back (just like the Rice Crispies)

Thanks for the heads-up, "lag..."

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I had been looking for these, found a bunch at WalMart. As noted, nothing on the front, but I saw a display from the back and found a large box.

Now, anyone want to drop by for Froot Loops?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Kelloggs also created "2012 Team USA" cereal and those boxes have the cards on the back as well. Boxes were $2.50 at Giant Eagle. There had their own display near the cereal aisle.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post