Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Winn Dixie BI LO Star Wars Cosmic chips
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Winn Dixie BI LO Star Wars Cosmic chips
 Login/Join

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted
Anyone else doing these?
At Winn Dixie/Bi Lo stores if you spend 20$ you get 1 pack of 2 Star Wars the last Jedi Cosmic Chips. They are little octagon cardboard cards. Each has an image on the front and info on the back. If you make special purchases of 5 participating items you can get an addition pack. If you spend 100.00 and get 5 of the promo items you will get 6 packs.

You can buy a special binder for 3.99 and some "virtual reality goggles" as well.

I got a binder and a few packs. Have 31 of the 72 chips. 6 duplicates. 1 pack only had 1 chip in it.

At my winn Dixie it pops up exactly how many packs you get on the receipt and the cashiers are not giving extras to anyone.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Yikes that store chain is not in North TX - its not even in Shreveport so that leaves me out unfortunately.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I might be flying to Florida on business in January. Hopefully, the promotion will still be running so I can get at least a couple of packs. Then again, I still haven't finished the animal card set the chain gave out last year.

quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Anyone else doing these?
At Winn Dixie/Bi Lo stores if you spend 20$ you get 1 pack of 2 Star Wars the last Jedi Cosmic Chips. They are little octagon cardboard cards. Each has an image on the front and info on the back. If you make special purchases of 5 participating items you can get an addition pack. If you spend 100.00 and get 5 of the promo items you will get 6 packs.

You can buy a special binder for 3.99 and some "virtual reality goggles" as well.

I got a binder and a few packs. Have 31 of the 72 chips. 6 duplicates. 1 pack only had 1 chip in it.

At my winn Dixie it pops up exactly how many packs you get on the receipt and the cashiers are not giving extras to anyone.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
The promotion is to run through the first week of January. The winn Dixie in my town has said they will likely run out of the packs in two to three weeks. I might make 2 more grocery trips in that time but no enough to get the set I bet. My dad got two packs today. All 4 Cosmic chips were duplicates. 31 + 10 duplicates out of 72 different cards.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Dang it, I just got home from SC two days ago.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I am now 22 chips short of the 72 chip set.
I have around 30 duplicates.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Well, one pack per $20.00 spent is very expensive. Plus, you get an extra pack of you buy any of the listed products on the website (54 pages of items). Maybe Cheaper to go the Bay unfortunately.

Posts: 736 | Location: Carmel, IN. | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
We seem to be in about the same shape with these SW disks. I'm sending you an email when I finish this post. I can possibly help you with your GO WILD set as well.

Cecil

quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I am now 22 chips short of the 72 chip set.
I have around 30 duplicates.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Surely Barrett and I aren't the only ones working on this Star Wars disk set??

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Last week on this. I have been surprised by just how many "short prints" are possibly in this set. Shells between 27 and 36 seem to be the hardest to find.
At the end of the day, Lillian and I finished 1 set, I know Cecil is still in need of 4 shells and I sold 220 duplicates in a lot. However, there were about a dozen of the shells that were not in this lot and in the case of some a dozen of duplicates.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I live in Florida now and we have a Winn Dixie right around the corner. They are all sold out of the packs.
The binders are gone too.
They have some of the virtual cardboard goggles.
I have about 100 doubles and still missing about 13 to finish. I think the short prints are by area because I have alot of 20's but no 70's.
Anyone looking to trade?

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cecil
posted Hide Post
Beamer, shoot me an email with your wants and your extras and I’ll see if I can help you out!
unataper@yahoo.com

Cecil

quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
I live in Florida now and we have a Winn Dixie right around the corner. They are all sold out of the packs.
The binders are gone too.
They have some of the virtual cardboard goggles.
I have about 100 doubles and still missing about 13 to finish. I think the short prints are by area because I have alot of 20's but no 70's.
Anyone looking to trade?