Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    General Mills Cereal Star Wars Figural Pens (Series 2)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

General Mills Cereal Star Wars Figural Pens (Series 2)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted
I heard about these on the net and found them myself last night. General Mills cereals have a second set of figural pens like the set released at the time of Episode I 3-D.

There are 8 in the set. Mostly Ep II characters that were probably in the works before the 3-D release was pulled.

- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Anakin Skywalker
- Jango Fett
- Yoda
- Phase 1 Clonetrooper
- Mace Windu
- Darth Vader
- Chewbacca

I got Vader and Clonetrooper. I hope we can get a trade network going if need be.
I found them in Honey Nut Cheerios and Trix but have also heard of them being found in Lucky Charms and Golden Grahams.

There is also a mural on the back of the boxes. You need 3 regular size boxes or 4 extra large size boxes to complete the mural. I only found panel 2 of 3 in the regular boxes and panel 2 of 4 in the extra large boxes.

If I am allowed to post a link:
http://www.rebelscum.com/story...ls_Cereal_154892.asp

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting... Gonna chase them.

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
My box had the Darth Vader pen in it.
The mural portion on the back of the box looks great. Indeed, there's a lot of stuff to look at on the box. This would've been an especially cool box back when we were kids and would read the back of the box while eating the cereal!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I think I've got 4 or 5 different ones, but no Vader yet.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
I pulled Vader, Yoda, and two Anakins.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
It's weird, I've got 'em all with a bunch of repeats, except NO Vader. What the heck!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I saw an extra large box of Trix yesterday with panel #3 of the mural, but no pen in the box. Instead there was mention of an app that would "bring the mural to life". I hope I don't have to buy boxes without pens just to complete the mural.

I currently have 2 Vaders, 3 Clone Troopers, and 1 Obi-Wan.

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
So far my 2 boxes (Honey Cheerios)have yielded Boba Fett and Darth Vader. Cool beans!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
Another Vader? Poor cardaddict. Shake Head

Don't worry, if you don't get one, I will have a Vader to trade when I'm done buying boxes. I just have to finish the murals.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Still no Vader. I've got a drawer-full of Star Trek, Star Wars and other cereal freebies like this, and I've never opened a single one of them. Must be something to trade in there somewhere if Vader keeps eluding me.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
I pulled a Mace Windu pen and completed the 3 panel mural on the smaller boxes. I still need 4 pens and 2 mural panels on the large boxes.

Still buying boxes...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the Vader is the "shorty" in this collection.

I can remember back in 2009 when the first Star Trek remake movie came out. General Mills{?} did those light-up insignia pin things....well, they shorted one of those, too. I can't remember which one, but I went nuts trying to find it. I failed and ended up going to the E just to finish it off. Lesson learned...never again.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Sounds like the Vader is the "shorty" in this collection.

I can remember back in 2009 when the first Star Trek remake movie came out. General Mills{?} did those light-up insignia pin things....well, they shorted one of those, too. I can't remember which one, but I went nuts trying to find it. I failed and ended up going to the E just to finish it off. Lesson learned...never again.

I think it was the SCIENCE light-up pin that was the hardest to find. I still am missing that one.

Funny, but the new Vader pen was the first one that I pulled from a box (Honey Nut Cheerios) so ya never know...

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I still haven't found a Vader!

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have Darth. I need Chewbacca.

Posts: 2 | Location: Ponchatoula | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I mean I have an extra. Missing Chewbacca and obi wan

Posts: 2 | Location: Ponchatoula | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
cardaddict, do you have an extra Anakin, Jango, or Chewbacca to trade for my extra Vader?

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I have only found these in Coco Puffs and Trix. Trix is for kids, but thankfully, I'm cukoo for Coco Puffs.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I finally found a Vader! Or rather, my brother did for me. There was one box of cereal left on the shelf at Wal-Mart with the pens inside so he bought it, and Darth was hiding inside!

I only have one Chewwy, but I have 4 Anakins (if he's the guy in the brown robe holding the blue light saber).

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
I've pulled two of Fett, Darth, and Anakin so I'm trading... Any takers?