Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Subway Disney "Brave" 3D activity card
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subway Disney "Brave" 3D activity card
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Although they won't get them until Monday, our local Subway is advertizing reusable meal bags featuring characters from Disney-Pixar's new movie Brave. Each bag includes with a 3D activity card with a code to unlock bonus features. Six bags = six cards.

Check the website to all six bags & cards.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
http://subwaykids.com/

The sub page on Subway's site dedicated to the movie is actually pretty good - better than other fast food movie sites I've seen in the past. The link above will take you there. Also, I tried looking for an image of the cards, but I couldn't find one. However, if you look at the bottom right corner of the link on the left (on the site above), you will see what appears to be a tiny sample image of a card, or so it appears as such. That might be what the cards will look like.

Happy hunting, everyone!

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Another great "heads-up" !
Thanks guys.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Man, did I just score.

After dropping my son off at school this morning I went to my local Subway shop and inquired about the Disney/Pixar Brave promo. I wanted to get there before the lunch-time rush and thank goodness I did, because I had a pleasant conversation with three of the staff there. Not only did I get the entire SCOOP on this promo, I also obtained everything in one shot.

There's six different kids meal bags. And each one has a different lenticular card inside a little cello bag along with a game code, that's on a separate piece of paper {just like the Land O Frost cello pack}. There's three for girls and three for boys.

Not only did they have ALL six bags, but I was very shocked when they said they only wanted fifty cents for each bag. I didn't want to push my luck, so I only bought the six. Maybe I'll go back tonight and see if I can score some more, or in my travels hit other Subways.

Here's a pic.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice score. My local Subway charges $1.99 for all extras bags without ordering a kids meal. And they won't sell to you unless you get at least a 6inch sub.

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the original tip, RevJay. I like lenticulars so I popped in for these and got them for 99cents each, no tax, so a bit less than$6 for all 6.

I made a point of going in early so as to beat the lunch rush. The workers are much more likely to be willing to go through and find you the 6 different designs if there aren't 30 people in line waiting for sandwiches.

I would've been delighted to get them for 50 cents like Freddy did, and I I probably would've went $1.49, but at $1.99, I'd rather just buy the kids meals to get them that way.
The location where I purchased them actually has a key on the register for the toy (in this case, bag and card) by itself for 99 cents, so that's the rate at that store, but obviously the policy varies from store to store as to how they can be sold and what the price is for the bag and card without the food.

Hopefully, there are more of the 50 cents stores and less of the $1.99 ones. But these are definitely worth a buck apiece, and according to the odds, the game pieces that are packed with the cards win at a rate of 1 in 5. Not sure what the prizes are, but a full set should yield you one winner by the odds. (I would imagine its a food discount of some sort).

Thanks again, RevJay.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Freddy, I think your good looks and charm helped you get them for 50 cents!!! Wink I thought I had a lock on those skills, but maybe not!! Roll Eyes

I got them for $1 each (PLUS tax!!!), so - RevJay - I think you got rooked! But then again, I’ve been fleeced in the past, too, so it's all part of the fun, I guess.

I had to get mine in a different way. The Subways are like McD's - some restaurants will have them all and some won't. My experience has been that the restaurants MOST likely to have an entire set in-house are the tiny ones that are within another store (such as a gas station or a grocery store). The one I went to first was in a strip mall, and they only had one. But the manager just happened to be the manager of another store in a Wal-Mart several blocks away, so (and here’s where MY good looks and charm paid off!) she called her worker-bee over there and had him set aside a whole set for me. I drove over to the Wal-Mart and picked up all six! Another hunt in the bag! Thumb Up

Happy hunting, and don’t be afraid to wink an eye when you need to!!! Cool

Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
Freddy, I think your good looks and charm helped you get them for 50 cents!!! Wink I thought I had a lock on those skills, but maybe not!! Roll Eyes

Geoff

Your flattery {or Jedi mind tricks} will get you everywhere. LOL
Wink

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Has anyone had trouble with the movie certificate CODES? When I entered the first code, it worked - but I didn't win. On each day since, none of the codes have worked - I keep getting errors or messages that I have exceeded my codes for the day (even if I haven’t' entered one yet!).

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
They just opened a Subway in town. Have my nieces on it! Question is, will they give up the cards?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
They just opened a Subway in town. Have my nieces on it! Question is, will they give up the cards?

You never know because every franchise is different.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I mean, will the girls give up the cards.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
I mean, will the girls give up the cards.

Oh, Okay. LOL

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
My wife went to a Subway yesterday with no luck.

I stopped at one today and got all 6 cards by buying the kids bags individually.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Dang, I gotta find a subway. I don't care where the train goes as long as I get the cards.

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post