Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Guardians of the Galaxy Theater Exclusives
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Guardians of the Galaxy Theater Exclusives
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kennywood,

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I must admit I am disappointed with these giveaways, because I never get any! I went to the first Saturday showing of Guardians in 3D IMAX today and was told they ran out of the pins Friday night. I get regular e-mails from AMC saying this weekend Stubs cards members will get a free this or that during the WEEKEND, and they never last past Friday night, which isn't even technically the weekend, so all the Saturday and Sunday movie goers are left out in the cold.

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I have to agree somewhat with you Cardaddict. Lucky for me, I go to the movies 1 to 3 times a week, starting usually on Thursday night.

I go to Regal Theatres usually and they rarely have any of the freebies any more. They have the items they sell though such as the Tshirts for Guardians of the Galaxy (I bought one). They were advertising it pretty heavily. Went to another movie Friday night and it looked like they were already out of the Tshirts. The offer was no longer showing on their digital displays.

The main Regal Theatre I go to does not have Imax, they have RPX which is exclusive to Regal, so I rarely get the Imax only items...

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I sent an e-mail to AMC regarding this and to my surprise the IT manager responded almost immediately. He said the posters were only available for the first showing (which in my ignorance I did not know), and the pins were advertised as a limited quantity. Still, limited to only one day means the majority of the movie patrons will never see one (at least for free), so I would almost (but not quite) not have known about them in the first place. The problem is, I liked the movie and would have liked to have gotten a pin!

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
You guys are the people these were made for, really (regular movie goers AND collectors of these kinds of items), plus you would appreciate them most AND take the best care of them, so it really is a bummer you don't get them very often.

That said, and a little salt for wounds I admit, I must add that those are some awesome looking pins and a great poster!

Thanks at least for this information. We see most of our movies at the drive-in, the mainstream ones anyway, so there's was no way we were ever getting any of the this Guardians stuff, or pretty much anything else shown the general movie items thread.

But at least thanks to this post, and others like it, I know it exists, and to be on the lookout for the stuff that really strikes my fancy Ebay and elsewhere.

Posts: 3328 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
AMC was extraordinarily kind to me about this situation. I ended up with two movie passes, a coupon for a free soft drink, another for free popcorn, and to top it off they sent me a pin via UPS. I never expected any of this and am now a happy camper.