Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    7-11 Slurpee cup promotions for 2011
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7-11 Slurpee cup promotions for 2011
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
original post updated with info regarding the "Super 8" promo

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
original post updated with info regarding the "Super 8" promo

I stopped by my local 7-11 today and I found the "Super 8" Big Gulp cup. I actually picked up two for the price of one {I know the owner}.

Note: if you look near the UPC on the cup, you'll notice some pictures of the movie {I'm assuming} but they look like trading cards because they have colored borders and are rectangular in shape.
I didn't see any other promos, other than the food, that went along with this movie. No straws or cups tops, or even cards. Frown

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
original post updated with info regarding the "Cowboys & Aliens" promo

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
original post updated with info regarding the "Cowboys & Aliens" promo

Geoff,

I'll check out my local 7-11 today and see if these new cups are over here, yet.

"Cowboys & Aliens" looks like an interesting movie. Something that would have been produced in the late 1950s thru mid 1960s when westerns were still hot. I saw a trailer for the old "Mighty Joe Young" movie last night and that fits into this western/sci fi genre.

BTW, do you want that Dunkin Donuts gift card ? I have plenty to trade {for anything}.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Original post updated. The Slurpee site now has images of the Cowboys & Aliens cups. I provided the links.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I found them! They are pretty nice:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Are they lenticular?

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Are they lenticular?

Nosiree pardner, they're cups!

Just kidding, yes, the small ones are lenticular.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Well today they finally came to my local 7-11 store. And it looks like they cost $2.49 for each cup. Filled or not. Meaning they will just sell the cups without the product {Slushy} inside. Which is a really good deal if you don't want to consume that sort of iced flavored drink. Plus it is a more reasonable price than that over priced Dunkin Donuts "Capt. America" cup selling at $5.18

I didn't purchase any of these today, but I might get the Harrison Ford cup, tomorrow.

Overall they look really nice. Especially the lenticular cups.

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Well, I bit the bullet {heehee} today and bought the smaller "Cowboys & Aliens" Harrison Ford lenticular cup today. Along with the copper colored plastic-domed top. $2.49 with or without
the product inside.
I only bought that one because it was Mr. Ford. Plus my wife would have smothered me if
I dropped twenty bucks on plastic cups. LOL
Overall...a very nice cup.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I have updated my original post - at the beginning of this thread - with info regarding the August promotion for the WWE. As always, my updates are at the BOTTOM of the original post, so that the whole thing reads in chronological order.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have updated my original post - at the beginning of this thread - with info regarding the August promotion for the WWE. As always, my updates are at the BOTTOM of the original post, so that the whole thing reads in chronological order.

updated my original post again - this time with better info about the stars featured on the cups, and an additional link that takes you to a photo of all 8 cups.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I am dissapointed there are no women wrestlers on the cups.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
I am dissapointed there are no women wrestlers on the cups.

I agree!!! Buying cups with shirtless/minimally-dressed male stars with massive pecs is a little embarassing, thank you.

Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Being WWE fans but not natives of the good old USA my wife and I are a little upset to miss this promotion.

We took a holiday last year to Florida (1st time with our two sons) and a feature of the 3rd week was walking from our appartment to the local 7-eleven for a Slurpee in a souviner cup on the way back we used to stop at a playground and my wife and I would bask in the sun while the boys went daft on the apparatus.

Thanks for sparking those memories, good times Smile

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I'm more then willing to buy them for you and ship them over, but the postage would probably be prohibitive to say the least!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The WWE cups are out. I saw them at 7-11 today, but I passed them up and bought a Brisk instead, which has a Green Lantern promo label.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Any word on Summer 2012 promotional cups? Smile

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Any word on Summer 2012 promotional cups? Smile

Not yet.....but I'm keeping a look out and as soon as the first promotion hits the public, I will get the ''7-11 Slurpee cup promotions for 2012'' thread started.

Geoff

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
I am unable to visit any 7-11's right now because I am in Costa Rica for 3 more days. Has anyone spotted any cups yet at any 7-11? I thought for sure that April would be the month to promote the Avengers since it's released a month from now, so I am surprised I haven't seen anything about it yet! Anyone?