Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    7-11 Slurpee cup promotions for 2011
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

7-11 Slurpee cup promotions for 2011
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
I am unable to visit any 7-11's right now because I am in Costa Rica for 3 more days. Has anyone spotted any cups yet at any 7-11? I thought for sure that April would be the month to promote the Avengers since it's released a month from now, so I am surprised I haven't seen anything about it yet! Anyone?

Geoff,

After reading your post I went to my local 7-11 and found nothing new. A matter of fact I saw an old Terminator Salvation cup and some Cowboys vs. Aliens cups, too. My local 7-11 is always behind the rest of the country when it come to getting the new promotional items in. I'll keep going back every few days just to check on new promo.

Enjoy your vacation.

Fred

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
7-11 update. April 29, 2012.

NOTHING !

Shake Head

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:

NOTHING !

Shake Head

Not sure why THE AVENGERS didn't have a lenticular Slurpee cup tie-in. It was only the BIGGEST comic book movie Marvel has ever released. 7-11 did cups for Thor, Iron Man & Hulk. Would it have killed them to put out a set featuring each Avenger on a lenticular cup?

Doubt we'll see any cups for Spiderman or Dark Knight Rises. Of all the summers for 7-11 to drop the ball.... lame.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard: Of all the summers for 7-11 to drop the ball.... lame.

Totally agree, very disappointing!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Hard to figure, as 7-11 in Asia has cards and cups Confused

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
OMG! Are those motion cards?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes they are, I don't have them in hand yet but when I do I will try to post better images.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
OMG! Are those motion cards?

Cool, they are! Love lenticulars.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:

NOTHING !

Shake Head

Not sure why THE AVENGERS didn't have a lenticular Slurpee cup tie-in. It was only the BIGGEST comic book movie Marvel has ever released. 7-11 did cups for Thor, Iron Man & Hulk. Would it have killed them to put out a set featuring each Avenger on a lenticular cup?

Doubt we'll see any cups for Spiderman or Dark Knight Rises. Of all the summers for 7-11 to drop the ball.... lame.

I concur. Very lame indeed.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Found some Avengers promos

here

and

aqui

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
My nephew is in Asia vacation right now. He will be back in the state in two weeks. I sent him an email last night to pick-up some packs for me from 7-11 store. This might turn out great vacation.

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
It figures.

All the cool lenticular Avengers stuff is released ONLY in Asia. Can someone explain to me how that makes sense?

Shake Head It's the story of my life.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
It figures.

All the cool lenticular Avengers stuff is released ONLY in Asia. Can someone explain to me how that makes sense?

Shake Head It's the story of my life.

It makes NO sense whatsoever!!! How frustrating!

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Yes they are, I don't have them in hand yet but when I do I will try to post better images.

Here are a couple more images of the 8 Avengers lenticular cards.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The cups are what I want, especially with the toppers!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Any word on any promo cups this summer?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
The cups are what I want, especially with the toppers!

Getting these this week- doing happy dance!! Elephant Elephant Elephant

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I got the 8 lenticular cards today and I really like them!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
Since this year is turning out to be a major BUMMER for Slurpee cups (except for the lucky few of us with access to foreign markets), I have decided to employ my writing skills to get some answers. Below is a letter I just submitted to the Slurpee people.

I will copy and paste any reply I receive into a new post here. Let’s see what we find out!!!

Geoff

Dear Sir or Madam:

I represent a global consortium of collectors who use an external site to track and discuss movie collectibles. I haven’t asked their permission to send you this letter, so that site remains nameless. However, among the many collectibles we track on a regular basis are the collectible movie cups that your corproration has ben producing for years in association with your Slurpee and Big Gulp products. We have all been major fans and consumers of these products and, as such, have been trumpeting these products on our site for years. Some of your best promotions have been in just the last 10 years in which your company has promoted such favorite films as Star Wars Episode III (2005), Superman Returns (2006), Cowboys & Aliens (2011), and many of the Marvel productions starting with the Spiderman and X-Men film franchises and ending just last year with Thor.

We have noticed THIS year a surprising absence of these promotions. With major blockbusters released this year such as The Avengers and Men In Black 3, and the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man, we have been surprised to discover that no Slurpee or Big Gulp cup promotions have been released so far. Furthermore, we have been surprised to discover that some of these promotions are still going strong in overseas markets – such as the lenticular cup and trading card promotion your company ran in May in Asian markets associated with The Avengers.

My two questions to you all today are these:

1) Are there any Slurpee or Big Gulp cup promotions (associated with the film industry) planned for this Summer at all here in the USA?
2) If not, can you please reveal to us what has prevented these promotions?

As I stated above, we are fans/comsumers of your company and promotions, so I am writing this letter with the best of intentions. I look forward to your reply. Thank you!

Very respectfully and sincerely,
Geoff Bovey,
Sandy, UT.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:
Since this year is turning out to be a major BUMMER for Slurpee cups (except for the lucky few of us with access to foreign markets), I have decided to employ my writing skills to get some answers. Below is a letter I just submitted to the Slurpee people.

I will copy and paste any reply I receive into a new post here. Let’s see what we find out!!!

Geoff

Dear Sir or Madam:

I represent a global consortium of collectors who use an external site to track and discuss movie collectibles. I haven’t asked their permission to send you this letter, so that site remains nameless. However, among the many collectibles we track on a regular basis are the collectible movie cups that your corproration has ben producing for years in association with your Slurpee and Big Gulp products. We have all been major fans and consumers of these products and, as such, have been trumpeting these products on our site for years. Some of your best promotions have been in just the last 10 years in which your company has promoted such favorite films as Star Wars Episode III (2005), Superman Returns (2006), Cowboys & Aliens (2011), and many of the Marvel productions starting with the Spiderman and X-Men film franchises and ending just last year with Thor.

We have noticed THIS year a surprising absence of these promotions. With major blockbusters released this year such as The Avengers and Men In Black 3, and the upcoming Amazing Spider-Man, we have been surprised to discover that no Slurpee or Big Gulp cup promotions have been released so far. Furthermore, we have been surprised to discover that some of these promotions are still going strong in overseas markets – such as the lenticular cup and trading card promotion your company ran in May in Asian markets associated with The Avengers.

My two questions to you all today are these:

1) Are there any Slurpee or Big Gulp cup promotions (associated with the film industry) planned for this Summer at all here in the USA?
2) If not, can you please reveal to us what has prevented these promotions?

As I stated above, we are fans/comsumers of your company and promotions, so I am writing this letter with the best of intentions. I look forward to your reply. Thank you!

Very respectfully and sincerely,
Geoff Bovey,
Sandy, UT.

Geoff, I'll second this. Great job as always.