Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Amazing Spider-Man cup -Carl's Jr/Hardee's
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazing Spider-Man cup -Carl's Jr/Hardee's
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Looks like Hardee's is a little too far for me to travel for a burger and a soda. LOL

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
From what I hear on another thread and from my phone call yesterday, the kids meals at these to restaurants will have Spider-Man card packs.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
yes, there are 9 different cards to correct (3 card in each pack). I have cards 1-3. If I have extra, I will trade.

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Artist:
yes, there are 9 different cards to correct (3 card in each pack). I have cards 1-3. If I have extra, I will trade.

Can I get some clarification on this one?

I went to the restaurant today to get the cards. Each pack only costs 75 cents, so the purchase is easy. However, the problem is....the packs are not see-thru so you cannot tell what cards you are getting. Unless......are there three different versions of the pack wrappers? Or are all the pack wrappers the same, but you cannot tell which three cards you are getting?

thanks,
Geoff

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
all the pack wrappers the same

Posts: 231 | Location: South of the border, TX, USA | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
quote:

So, in other words - I have to open packs til I get all 9?

Posts: 617 | Location: Sandy, UT | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by geoffbovey:

I went to the restaurant today to get the cards. Each pack only costs 75 cents, so the purchase is easy.

Uggh!! I asked at our only Hardee's in the area about purhcasing the Spiderman packs / toys separate from the kids meal & was told that they are not allowed to do that.

Why me?!?!?!?!?!?

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
One person told my wife they only had toys. Then when asked about the cards started to get an attitude.

She spoke to another person and was able to get the cards for $.75 each.

Our niece wanted a kids meal and got a pack of cards. So my wife went up and asked about the missing toy. A third person had an instant attitude, and said the toys was a different promotion.

Huh? Two promotions at once?

Anyway, I will personally be speaking with the manager on Thursday when I'm in town.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
Looks like Hardee's is a little too far for me to travel for a burger and a soda. LOL

quote:
quote:

So, in other words - I have to open packs til I get all 9?

If you guys need help, let me know.

BTW, I got several 1, 2, and 3's.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I would be interested in all 9 Spiderman cards. I have a large list of things to trade. Most recent things in are POP ART CARD PROMOS. Also managed to get some Cult Stuff promos in as well. Write me from my profile. You will get a faster answer.

quote:

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm curious to know how you know for sure that all the wrappers are the same, since you only have the first 3 cards. I haven't received an email, besides a standard reply, from their corporate office about these cards. And the local restaurant seemed unclear of the promotion and whether or not they even had the cards when I called and when my wife went in yesterday.

Picture of Artist
posted Hide Post
FYI, I have seen most of the pack. The front of the pack are the same shown the back of the Spiderman and a code sheet for the games on the other side.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
FYI, I have seen most of the pack. The front of the pack are the same shown the back of the Spiderman and a code sheet for the games on the other side.

Are you saying you've seen all the packs that contain all 9 cards?

My wife opened our packs, so I'm not 100% sure how they were packaged. But so far, from what I've seen and heard, all cards coming from a same wrapper is not 100% accurate, but I think is probably true.

I will ask tomorrow how often they go through a case at my local restaurant, and/or ask if they have three cases.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I now have a full set. All the packs DO have all the same wrappers. But I now know how to get a full set from the restaurant.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of geoffbovey
posted Hide Post
How??? Please explain! When I bought my packs, I bought 6 random packs and I'm still missing cards 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3. If you know the trick behind ensuring you get all 9 cards, please let us know. Thanks!!!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
How??? Please explain! When I bought my packs, I bought 6 random packs and I'm still missing cards 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3. If you know the trick behind ensuring you get all 9 cards, please let us know. Thanks!!!

I can tell you this much. A case of toys comes with a package containing many packs. All 3 packs are in each package.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post

Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
While the wrappers are the same, they are embossed at the bottom with "A" "B" or "C" with each 3-card set corresponding to each letter: A = cards 1-1, 1-2, 1-3 B = 2-1, 2-2, 2-3 and C = 3-1, 3-2, 3-3

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post