Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK McDonald's Dragon cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
I see from the UK McDoanld website that the current promotion is CD Rom's for dragons & fairies. The dragons also have "fun trading cards."

Has anyone seen the cards & can you tell what they are? Are they for CCG?

My daughter is crazy about dragons & I want to know if I need to hunt down a set...

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I'll take a look for you.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
They are actually pretty cool - i don't know how much longer they are out though.
They are tiny (about 5cm by 3cm) rounded edge and are a card game card, probably top trupms style. But they are neat little things with cool artwork, i'll scan some pictures up later Smile

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They have been impossible to find on ebay, especially as a set. I'm still hoping

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
The left hand pic is the back and the right hand pic is a sample of one of the fronts - i've got 12 in total, doubt i'll get a full set, but fingers crossed.

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dare I ask, how many are in a set? Do you know if there are different cards with each dragon?

Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
There are 4 dragons; Red, Blue, White, Green.
6 cards per dragon and yes, all the designs are different, apart from the backs.
Hope this helps

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
24 cards and 4 dragons for the set.

Thats a lot of burgers. Eek

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh I don't know about that - 6 cards per dragon. If they are all different sets per dragon, that's only 4 burgers.

That's a lot better than the Disney Pirate & Princess celebration at McDonald's here a few months back. One card per toy {& it's random at that]. 8 pirate cards & 8 princess cards - that's 16 burgers in 4 weeks - if each toy had a different card.

I ended with 3 each of #3 & #6, & 1 each of #4 & #7 when it came to the Pirate cards. 8 burgers & no #1, #2, #5 or #8. Yuk!

Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
Don't McDonalds still let you buy just the toys?

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
Bad news, i just went in this afternoon and they have stopped doing them! i am missing 12 cards for a full set Frown hopefully if i go to different stores they may have some left.
They now do a mini sticker album and 2 packs of stickers for Euro 2008. In all fairness its very cute/cool, but no good if your not a football fan...or an England supporter Frown

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
Oh I don't know about that - 6 cards per dragon.

Oh i missed that snippet of info, in that case not bad then.

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder if somebody still has these cards in his/her collection. I have some for trading and i look for some others. Anyone?
Let me know on my email: leif1@wp.pl

Posts: 1 | Location: Poland | Registered: April 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post