Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dogs and cards ?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted
Hi all,

If your a canine lover like I am, and of course you like cards, or you wouldn't be reading this.
I want to share with you something I found at the bottom of a newly purchased bag of dog kibble.

My 3 year old yellow lab developed an allergy to chicken and corn meal kibble. After months of being on seventy dollar per 35 pound bags of special Iams kangaroo kibble, we had to get the price of his diet down to a more reasonable level, so that meant trying commercial products without chicken or corn in it. We finally found a middle of the road dog food by the name of "Blue". Which he is happily eating every day now.

Well, in this last bag of kibble I noticed, much to my surprise, a 3 1/2" X 5" card in a clear cellophane wrapper. With a picture of a somebody's mutt on the front and some bio facts on the back. The one I got is a picture of a dog named "Raven," a brown Lab Retriever. Sorry, no pic.

The card took a bit of a beating inside the big bag of kibble. The corners are square but one is slightly bent and the kibble put tiny little pot marks on the glossy finish. I'd rate the card in "good" condition though. Wink

Woof,
Fred

PS: you can check out there website at www.bluebuff.com if you wish.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Next time I'm buying dog food I'll look out for Kibble. But my dog better not want the card!

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
On their site, there is the capability to make an online trading card of your pet. I came across this a month or 2 ago, but nowhere does it say that I saw that they will be making real trading cards of some of the pets......

I wonder how many different cards there are? I doubt I will be buying that dog food to get the cards though. Our dog is very picky and we have her on a unique mixture of wet/dry food with no wheat... She seems to have an allergy to that.

Good find Fred.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
http://www.bluebufftradingcards.com/

For $18 you can get a pack of 10 cards that you create!
https://www.bluebufftradingcar...rchandise/Index.aspx

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:

Good find Fred.

Mike.

Thank you, sir.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EriktheArchitect:
http://www.bluebufftradingcards.com/

For $18 you can get a pack of 10 cards that you create!
https://www.bluebufftradingcar...rchandise/Index.aspx

That's a great option to immortalize a picture of your dog {or cat} onto a large t-card.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Adopted a new dog today. Foster mom said she was eating Blue Buffalo Lamb and Rice. Not wanting to change her diet and new home at the same time I bought a 6 lb bag. This card was inside!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Nice pic of Bentley, Erik !

I just bought another 35 pound bag of kibble this afternoon for my dogs {Max and Tyler} and inside was another card. A dog named Amber, laying on a sandy beach, and ever so cute.
The cards still have dents in them from all the kibble, but I still like them.

Fred

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They started a pet of the month in April of 2009
http://www.bluebufftradingcards.com/selects/2009.aspx

My card is not amongst them. Wonder how many they have made? No way of telling from the card!

The pock marks from the kibble is okay. Cards are cute and something most won't have in their collection!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An album of all the cards made by proud pet parents! Once I can get a great shot of mine she will have some cards made just for her!
http://www.bluebufftradingcard...D=1&BID=0&SID=0&PNS=

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I went and ordered cards of my cats Big Grin
I'll post scans when I get them.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
My cards came today.
They're larger than regular trading cards (the same size as the Breygent Woodstock Poster cards), but they're good quality.

Enjoy Big Grin

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Miss Lizzy, they're lovely!

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They are adorable. Do you have any available for trade?

I thought about ordering some of my pet - but would you list ferrets under "dog" or "cat" card?

Posts: 717 | Location: Washington, PA | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys Smile

quote:
Originally posted by RevJay:
They are adorable. Do you have any available for trade?

I thought about ordering some of my pet - but would you list ferrets under "dog" or "cat" card?

I'll send you one of each for free, email me your address (misslizzyscollectibles@verizon.net)

I'd say put your ferrets on the cat cards... but that may just be because I am a cat person.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I'd love to order some for my Puppy but I'm not sure if they ship internationally.
I can't find anywhere on the site site that says one way or the other.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
My cards came today.
They're larger than regular trading cards (the same size as the Breygent Woodstock Poster cards), but they're good quality.

Enjoy Big Grin

Very nice.
Meow. Smile

Fred

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
WOOF !!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
I'd love to order some for my Puppy but I'm not sure if they ship internationally.
I can't find anywhere on the site site that says one way or the other.

If you want, you can have them shipped to me (if they'll do that).

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
WOOF !!!!!!!!!!!!! Big Grin

Hisss!! Razz