Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Movie theater free promo items
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie theater free promo items
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I will be missing out on the ST pin, due to extensive bed rest from cellulitas in left leg.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
I will be missing out on the ST pin, due to extensive bed rest from cellulitas in left leg.

Get well soon!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Saw SUICIDE SQUAD in 3D IMAX today and got a poster. SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Once again, the villains build something that shoots a beam of energy up into the sky that starts destroying the planet. For god's sake think of something else already! This has to be the 4th or 5th time I've seen this, from The Avengers to Ghostbusters. Is the same person writing all these movies??

However, despite some slow spots that stopped the movie dead in it's tracks, I still enjoyed it.

And to the woman who was fanning herself with one of those posters during the entire last half of the movie - YOU WERE EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is one of the reasons I hate reserved seating and I find more theaters doing it. The first time I went to a showing with reserved seating I was stuck next to noisy kids. I wasn't sure if I should take a chance and move as I didn't want to be bumped from my seat. I eventually did but no more showings like this for me. I guess everyone is getting the Harley poster first as that is the only one I saw and I went to two different theaters.

Just went to the movies on 8-14 looking for a different poster. NONE 2 BE FOUND.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Saw SUICIDE SQUAD in 3D IMAX today and got a poster. SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Once again, the villains build something that shoots a beam of energy up into the sky that starts destroying the planet. For god's sake think of something else already! This has to be the 4th or 5th time I've seen this, from The Avengers to Ghostbusters. Is the same person writing all these movies??

However, despite some slow spots that stopped the movie dead in it's tracks, I still enjoyed it.

And to the woman who was fanning herself with one of those posters during the entire last half of the movie - YOU WERE EXTREMELY ANNOYING!!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FRANK AMICO,

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Picked this up today when I went to see ANTHROPOID, a movie I disliked for the following reasons: 1. The first 7/8 of this movie were very boring, 2. The color was washed out to mostly browns and yellows, 3. It was grainy, 4. The entire film is made with hand held cameras, deliberately shaken at points to emphasize the action. All these decisions were probably done with the intention of enhancing the movie's subject matter and tension, but all they did was annoy me. I asked another patron what he thought of all this and he said he liked the movie. So don't believe me but judge these things for yourself.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I saw an excellent movie called WAR DOGS and picked up this poster and card:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Picked up some STORKS swag 9-3 at an Arts Fest. 3 weeks before the movie comes out.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Nice haul, especially the 3D card. I've been to a ton of movies lately, but still no new posters or anything else available.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I saw THE LIGHT BETWEEN OCEANS, which I thought was decent, and since it's my birthday month I got a free large drink, with a promotional cup I'd never have gotten otherwise because I'd never pay $5.00 for a Coke:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Saw THE MAGNIFICENT 7 last week in IMAX and I found some Storks stuff:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Saw THE ACCOUNTANT today (that figures right?) Found this poster:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I saw MAX STEEL yesterday (Don't waste your time) and picked up these goodies:

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to put this out there to cardaddict and any movie swag collectors on here...

Lately I've snagged lots of AMC movie pins like X-men Apocalypse, Ghostbusters, Angry Birds, Alice thru the Looking Glass, Secret Life of Pets, etc

I'm looking to trade my extras for movie swag trinkets that I'm missing. This is only a sampling below:

forum image hosting
I don't collect the posters or postcards but I like to trade 1-for-1 for the pins, tattoos, & other stuff.
Email me if you have something...

(I'm also looking to swap for cereal & food premiums)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BILLZEE,

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
If anything shows up I'll let you know, but I rarely get enough extra items to afford to trade them. I could snag an extra poster or two but the pins are usually one to a customer. I've even occasionally asked about getting some stand-ups, but so far no luck, although if they did give me one I have no idea where I'd put it.

Well, off to see Jack Reacher. I hope I like it because I sure didn't like the first one.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Yep they are tough to get but fun to collect!

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I saw DOCTOR STRANGE today in 3D IMAX and picked up some posters, but Photobucket is down for maintenance right now.

I absolutely loved DOCTOR STRANGE, strangely enough. If it hadn't been for the usual way too quickly cut and too close fight scenes it would have been a perfect movie. And it is formatted for IMAX. If you can see it in that format that would be a good thing.

Photobucket is back, so:

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardaddict,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
For what it's worth (probably not too much at all, if anything) here are my favorite movies of the year, so far:

1. HACKSAW RIDGE
2. SULLY
3. GHOSTBUSTERS
4. DOCTOR STRANGE
5. MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN
6. BLOOD FATHER
7. PETE'S DRAGON
8. THE JUNGLE BOOK
9. THE BFG
10. THE LEGEND OF TARZAN
11. DEADPOOL

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Yesterday I saw ARRIVAL, which despite all the hype I found sort of slow paced and not that interesting, with much of the dialog mumbled or hard to understand. HOWEVER - I think this movie deserves at least two viewings before an opinion is fully formed. I asked for the poster below but was told I had to see the movie again in IMAX to get one.

Today I saw SHUT IN. Darn, I've seen this movie before. Recycled plot, same actress that's in all of them. Talk about strange! Anyway, I grabbed one of the first week DOCTOR STRANGE posters off the counter and the ticket taker said "There's a black light one too. Do you want one?" I told him they wouldn't let me have one yesterday and he just gave me one. Yay. I think a different one comes out next weekend.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Dr Strange iMax poster I got yesterday at AMC Theater (bad picture)

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Got this today when I saw FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM in 3D. Don't be mad but I considered it a big waste of time. Just like the Harry Potter movies it was just a bunch of nonsensical running around for no purpose whatsoever. However, the special effects were nice.