Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  New Promo Releases (not card related)    Movie theater free promo items
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Movie theater free promo items
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Got this today when I saw FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM in 3D. Don't be mad but I considered it a big waste of time. Just like the Harry Potter movies it was just a bunch of nonsensical running around for no purpose whatsoever. However, the special effects were nice.

I think it made something like 75M in its first weekend just over here. That was the purpose. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Saw LOVING today and picked this up:

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That's a nice poster!

I'm looking forward to seeing "Loving". If it's even half as moving as the HBO documentary on the couple from a few years ago, I might be shedding a tear or two while watching it.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saw LOVING today and picked this up:

There are 3 IMAX posters, One every Sunday for the first 3 weeks. I guess they will have one on Christmas Sunday. There is another poster they gave away on opening day too!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Sorry for the bad pic. Posters are 13" x 19" and Michaels has poster frames that size!

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Nice! I only saw the one poster, darn it. But I'll keep an eye out for any others. I also heard there were three Doctor Strange posters but my theater only had two different.

I saw ROGUE ONE in 3D IMAX the other day. It was very good, but not great. Today I saw PASSENGERS in 3D, which I liked better than ROGUE ONE!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nice! I only saw the one poster, darn it. But I'll keep an eye out for any others. I also heard there were three Doctor Strange posters but my theater only had two different.

I saw ROGUE ONE in 3D IMAX the other day. It was very good, but not great. Today I saw PASSENGERS in 3D, which I liked better than ROGUE ONE!

Enjoyed this movie a lot more than the Farce Awakens, which was nothing more than a retelling of A New Hope! Saw it in IMAX on Saturday opening weekend. Since the poster was for Sunday they wouldn't give me one (a friend got that one for me at a different theater on Saturday!). I did get the Dolby one but I believe that was only for opening day. Have to find a different AMC as the one I go to is not too keen on handing out things! IMAX 2 of 3 will be given out Christmas day I am guessing.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Got this today when I saw FENCES, the 115th movie I've seen at the theater this year:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I saw "LA LA LAND", a boring, flat movie that had no interest for me at all, but it wasn't a total loss because I found the 3rd ROGUE ONE IMAX poster:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the third poster and on being able to see 115 movies at the cinema in 2016. Wow!

I saw "La La Land" the other day, too. I liked it, especially Emma Stone. I think the ending will be polarizing.

I think you'll be passing me for good in movies seen on the big screen this year in the next day or two, though, haha. I might've caught about 25 in 2016, but at least half of those would've been double features at the drive-in.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I don't generally like musicals, so it's no wonder I found LLL disappointing. The only musicals I REALLY like are CHICAGO, BY THE SEA and THE BLUES BROTHERS (if you can call that one a musical). Usually, but not always, I disagree about 90% with the movies nominated for Best Picture in any given year. When I saw TITANIC, DANCES WITH WOLVES and BRAVEHEART I immediately said they'd win Best Picture, and was correct. Three out of dozens, so my track record is not too good. This year, my favorite movie is HACKSAW RIDGE. But since Mel Gibson directed it it may be snubbed. But I am judging the movie, not the people behind its creation. My 2nd and 3rd favorites are SULLY and GHOSTBUSTERS (believe it or not). So you can see why my predictions rarely come true. I was also VERY impressed by THE BFG and MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN (a movie which some people actually hated). Many of these movies I've seen in the IMAX or 3D format (or both together), which enhanced their appeal considerably. If one of the Oscar judges sees this on a less than perfect audio/visual system, that could also be a reason they were not nominated for anything. That is just a guess though.

GHOSTBUSTERS was a real treat in 3D IMAX. They did things I've never experienced before, and will not be able to replicate even on my 3D 85" Mitsubishi TV (on which, very discouragingly, most of my 3D movies appear dark and washed out color-wise.) That's why I go to the movies so much. One of these days I'll quit though, mainly because some movie goers have no respect for others. I actually heard a guy having a cell phone conversation recently. Why can't they just leave those darned slave-inducing devices in their cars?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I saw SILENCE, one of the most overacted, boring and uninteresting movies I've ever seen. The whole thing seemed forced and somehow just plain phony. This sentiment was volubly enforced by the remarks of the 15 or so people who were also in attendance. I heard, "I thought it would never end." and "That sure wasn't what I expected." amid heads shaking in dissatisfaction. The good news is, they had a new poster!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today I saw SILENCE, one of the most overacted, boring and uninteresting movies I've ever seen.

It's actually a remake of a 1971 Japanese film of the same title. Only the Scorsese name could get this movie made and I have no idea who it was made for, except as a vanity project. I'm sure someone will declare it a masterpiece. They always do. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You are probably right!

Today I saw LION, which had a very interesting first half, and a much too drawn out second half. If they'd cut 30 minutes out of the last act the movie would have been much better.

Picked up this poster. I'm 'split' about going to see this, since Night's last four movies have been very bad, each successive one worse than the last, culminating in the deplorable THE VISIT, which is nauseatingly painful to watch. I was a big fan from THE SIXTH SENSE to THE HAPPENING, but with AIRBENDER his talent seems to have evaporated into thin air.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Picked up this poster. I'm 'split' about going to see this, since Night's last four movies have been very bad, each successive one worse than the last, culminating in the deplorable THE VISIT, which is nauseatingly painful to watch. I was a big fan from THE SIXTH SENSE to THE HAPPENING, but with AIRBENDER his talent seems to have evaporated into thin air.

Since you mention it, along with your dislike of The Visit, you might want to stay away from Split. Some critics think The Visit was a good return to form for M. Night and have endorsed Split, a PG13 rated movie with a pretty horrid concept. Beyond that there is the patented twist ending, which everyone now expects, but is not so much of a twist as it is both extremely stupid and revolting in MHO.

Pluses are that there is a connection to one of his earlier films at the end, which seems to please some fans. I can't for the life of me figure out why. And McAvoy gets raves for his acting skills.

I'll stay out of your thread now, really enjoy seeing your theatre swag. Just figured I'd give you fair warning. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
You have convinced me to avoid SPLIT, which I was probably going to do anyway. Just my personal (and most likely worthless opinion) but any critic who liked THE VISIT may need some serious psychiatric help.

Anyway, I went to an Emagine Theater today to see PATRIOTS DAY, a highly entertaining, moving, thought provoking, sad and yet uplifting film. The Emagine usually doesn't offer freebies, but the Yugioh cards were on the counter and I saw this rather large Star Trek poster on a table.

I went back and saw some of my pictures were gone so I reinstated them.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Great Star Trek poster, AMC in Methuen, Ma. has no posters at all. I keep asking and told they did not come in

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Went to see SING today at our AMC. Was a fire alarm and they couldn't show movies. Got out tickets refunded, Free passes to a future movie and they had Rogue one IMAX poster 2 still available. Now I just need poster # 3!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I am a big fan of the Resident Evil franchise, so it almost made me cry today when I went to see THE FINAL CHAPTER in 3D IMAX, which is execrably bad. I don't think a single shot lasted more than 5 seconds, and most of them less than 1. Horribly edited. And the 3D might as well have been nonexistant.

I did spot these cards on the counter though. They are bright white but the picture isn't that great:

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Today I made a hypocrite of myself and went to see SPLIT, which I said I would not see due to Shyamalan's recent crappy movies. Despite my misgivings I have to admit I liked the movie. I've seen every one of his films at the theater since THE SIXTH SENSE and didn't want to spoil my record. That's what you call rationalization.

The Emagine Theater had lots of these dog paw print stamps and the guy encouraged me to take as many as I wanted, so I took one of each color:

By the way, I also saw THE COMEDIAN recently. I can tolerate anything from raw R to X, but the filth coming out of Deniro's mouth in this lousy excuse for a movie even repulsed me.